Understanding.

If Only You Knew....

 

*Author’s note: Italicized = thoughts; Bold = English; Underline = Text Messages; Author Notes = Purple Font*
 
*Kan’s P.O.V*
 
I walk back into the room and I see Yejun with my phone. I walk over to him and he sees the angry look on my face. But then I see Yejun starting to cry and my face softens.
 
“Yejun’s what’s wrong? Are you upset that I caught you going through my stuff? I ask him.
 
“No hyung. It’s not that. The girl. Her name is Josephine Lee? But she has people call her Sephina? But I call her Jojo?”
 
“Yea, why Yejun? What about Sephina?” I ask him. Please don’t tell me that he’s the childhood friend. 
 
“Jojo, I finally found you..” Yejun whispered to himself.
 
“What was that Yejun?”
 
“Nothing hyung. It’s just that I finally found my childhood friend, Josephine.”
 
“You’re talking about the Sephina in that picture aren’t you?” I ask.
 
 “Ne, Hyung. Are you guys dating?”
 
“Yeaa, I asked her to be my girlfriend today. And she said Yes.”
 
“Can you tell me how you guys met?” Yejun asks me.
 
“Sure dongsaeng. I first saw her yesterday, she was crying and we bumped into each other. We went to the park and she basically told me her life story. Like about how you promised her to take her out for breakfast the next day for her birthday but you never showed. And how when she got home her father was being put into an ambulance cause he fainted and later that day she found out he had pancreatic cancer and she fainted when she found out. She tried calling you but it went straight to voicemail. The next day she waited for you to take her out to breakfast but you never showed. She went to your house but it had a “For Sale” sign in it’s lawn. She told me about her different relationships with guys and how they all made her not trust anyone more than she already did. Yesterday she was crying cause she was listening to a song that reminded her of you. What happened that day three years ago Yejun?” 
 
“Three years ago on the day before her birthday after school my appa told me that we were moving to Seoul right away cause I started training the next day and that by the time we got to Seoul everything would be at our house. When I heard that I started yelling at him because I couldn’t just leave Jojo but when I tried to call her on our way to the airport she wouldn’t pick up her phone. But now after hearing what you said she must have still been down from fainting. Anyways, I kept trying to call her and when I got to the company they took away my cell phone and as you know they won’t give it back until we after we debut. Remember how you saw me crying on my first day hyung?” Yejun said. His tears coming out faster. 
 
“Yea, was it because you couldn’t call Sephina anymore and you were afraid that you’ll never be able to see her again?
  
“Ne, Hyung. Can you tell me about how she‘s been and what she‘s up to now?”
 
“Okay but why don’t you just talk to her yourself?”
 
“Because I’m afraid that she hate me….” Yejun put his head down and started crying even harder. 
 
“What’s going on in here Kan?” Jinon-hyung and LeeU-hyung asked because they woke up hearing Yejun crying.
“It’s nothing hyungs. I got it handled.”
 
“Are you sure?” LeeU Hyung asked while sitting down next to Yejun giving him a comforting hug. 
 
“Yea. He’s just remembering some tough memories from before he was a trainee and he wanted to talk to me about it. But he didn’t realize he would cry so much.” I said while laughing a little to try to convince them that Yejun is okay.
 
“Is he telling the truth Yejun?” Jinon-hyung asked.
 
“Ne, Hyung. Kan-hyung came home and found he crying and asked be about it and then I started to tell him and I started to cry harder cause of the memories. But don’t worry hyungs, I’ll tell you guys about it someday when I know it won’t hurt me as much.” Yejun said while forcing a smile. 
 
“Okay. Come on LeeU let’s go back to sleep. You don’t wanna be too tired when you see your father now do you?” Jinon-hyung said convinced that Yejun will be okay. 
 
“Ne, Hyung. Let’s go. Good night guys.” LeeU-hyung said leaving the room with Jinon-hyung.
 
Thank god they didn’t see the phone. Phew~
 
“Thank god they didn’t see your phone huh hyung?”
 
“Yea. And if they did I would be in a lot of trouble. Thanks for hiding it.”
 
“No Hyung. I should be thanking YOU for finding Jojo.”
 
“So you call Sephina Jojo huh?” 
 
“Ne, I had always called her that even as children.”
 
“That’s why she got all emotional when I asked if I could call her that…” I said more to myself.
 
“Huh? What was that Hyung?”
 
“Oh nothing. So what do you want to know about her?” I asked changing the subject abit.
 
“Just everything that you think I would want to know. And things about ajusshi too. You said he has pancreatic cancer right?”
 
“Yea, and he’s getting worst each week. The doctors give him until January to live maybe less.”
 
“Oh” Yejun said his expression falling.
 
“Yea. Now about Sephina. She’s been going to Seoul’s Women’s College of Nursing for about a year now. Interning at the hospital where her father is so that she is near just incase anything sudden happens. I know she misses you a lot and wants to know the reason you left. Why don’t you call her and tell her?”
 
“I can’t hyung. It’s too hard. You saw me the first few months training. I could barley handle it. And now that I’ve found her I don’t think I can gather up the courage to talk to her again.”
 
“Okay. But I think she should know that you still care for her. You know what I mean?”
 
“Yea I know but it seems like she’s finally becoming the person she’s always wanted to be and I feel like if I all of a sudden pop back into her life that she’ll never to blossom into the wonderful and trusting woman I know she’s about to become. And with your help I think that she’ll become that faster. Please hyung don’t tell Jojo that you know me.”
 
You really think so huh Yejunie? “I don’t know Yej-” 
 
“Please Hyung I’m begging you don’t tell her about me!” He interrupted. 
 
I  won’t tell her about you for now but sooner or later I will…. -sigh- “Okay Yejun. I won’t tell her because she has yet to tell me your name. But you owe me, arasso?”
 
“Ne, Hyung, and kamsahamida you are the best!” Yejun hugged me.
 
“I know. I know.”
 
“One more thing hyung…”
 
“What is it Yejun.”
 
“Can you bring me to see Jojo’s dad tomorrow? I mean if she’s not gonna be there.”
 
“Sure let me text her tomorrow and see what she’s doing.”
 
“Thanks hyung!” He said then left the room to shower.
 
I texted Sephina hoping she was still awake. 
 
To: Yeobo
From: Kan 
Yeobo, What are you doing tomorrow?
 
I got a reply in 2 mins.
 
To: Kan
From: Yeobo
Tomorrow? I have classes all morning until 4 then I have work. Wae?
 
To: Yeobo
From: Kan
I wanted to spend the rest of my break with you but I have practice tomorrow at 12.
 
To:Kan
From:Yeobo
Oh Okay. We can always hang out another day right? Well I’m really sleepy now and my class starts at 8 so I’m going to bed now. Night~<3
 
To: Yeobo
From: Kan
Okay. Sorry to keep you up. Good Night Yeobo~<3
 
Just then Yejun walked back into the room.
 
“So what’s the plan for tomorrow hyung?” He asked while laying down.
 
“We can go see Sephina’s appa. She has classes from 8-4. Then work. SO pick a time between then and we can go.”
“YAY! Thanks Hyung!” Yejun jumped up and hugged me tight. “I can’t wait to see ajusshi after all these years. I hope he doesn’t hate me for leaving so sudden.” Yejun’s shoulders slumped.
 
“I’m pretty sure he won’t I mean you had a good reason and he probably sees you as his own son so how could he be mad at you.” I said reassuringly. 
 
“Thanks hyung, I think I’m gonna get some things for him tomorrow before we go.”
 
“Okay, now go to bed. You’re gonna need some rest before you go anywhere tomorrow. Arasso?”
 
“Arasso hyung.” 
 
Yejun I hope you are happy to find you childhood friend again. And I’m glad you confided in me with this. I don’t know how long I can keep this promise to you cause I know once Sephina finds you she won’t trust me anymore. And we both don’t want that to happen. I really care for you Sephina and I hope…. Soon I feel asleep unable to finish my thoughts.
 
*Yejun’s P.O.V*
 
I can’t believe I finally found you Jojo. My Jojo. You’ve been here in Seoul all along and I didn’t even know. I wish I did though. I hope you’re happy with Kan-hyung. He’s a good guy, trust worthy, caring, a great listener and advice giver. Basically everything you’ve always wanted. I hope that when we do meet again you won’t be mad at Kan-hyung for keeping this secret. Just know that he is and always will be trusting and that I l…. I fell asleep while deep in thought. 
 
*Author’s Note: Chapter 6 done! 1606 words long. . LeeU is finally in the story but only for a little while I’m trying to decide if Jinon and LeeU should have more parts in the story or should the only pop in and out of chapters? Do you guys think that Sephina will tell Kan Yejun’s name soon? Well you’ll have to wait and see. Just so you guys know the next chapter will be about Kan and Yejun’s visit to Sephina’s dad. I hope you guys like this chapter: Comment and subscribe!~<3
 
 
Also read my other story: Is It Love?*