A New Friend.

If Only You Knew....

*Author’s note: Italicized  = thoughts; Bold = English; Underline = Text Messages; Author Notes = Purple Font*

 

*Your P.O.V - Present day*
 
I wonder what Yejun is doing now? Does he remember me? Does he still care? Those three questions have been in my head since I realized what date it was…. May 31.….. I didn’t realize it was this day until Appa brought it up when I was visiting him after work. 
 
I moved to Seoul one year after that day. Appa’s getting worst every day. It’s worrying me. He stays in the hospital where I work. I have been going to Seoul’s Women’s College of Nursing for about a year now. I’m supposed to be graduating high school this year but I got in to Seoul’s Women’s College of Nursing year earlier for my outstanding grades. I’ve been working at this hospital for about 6 months now. I love being so close to appa just in case something sudden happens to him. 
 
I’m walking to my apartment listening to my Ipod when the song Come Back by Ahmir starts playing. This song makes my so sad and it makes me miss Yejun even more. I don’t know why I have this song on my Ipod…. Maybe it’s so that I don’t ever forget him.… I know that Yejun was such a great friend that no one can replace. I tried becoming more social but I either couldn’t trust them enough or they continually hurt me emotionally. 
 
The chorus of Come Back started playing and I started crying realizing even more how much I need Yejun right now. Appa probably only has a couple of months left to live. How am I gonna survive by myself? 
 
The tears start pouring out of my eyes. I bumped into someone and we both fell. 
 
“Omo, joesonghabnida (sorry). I should have been watching where I was walking.” A guy maybe about 20 years old said while helping me up and bowing.
 
“It’s not your fault. I should have been watching where I was going” I said in-between sniffles. Now I was really bawling my eyes out in front of this stranger. 
 
“Hey, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He said while wiping away my tears and giving me a hug. I was so stunned by this that I started crying even more. He doesn’t even know me but yet he’s being so caring and trying to comfort me….. Just like Yejun did…. Whenever he saw someone crying or in pain he would go help them even thought he either didn’t know them or never talked to them.
 
I was having a hard time breathing now. Gosh what’s wrong with me? Why am I being like this in front of a complete stranger! I don’t even know his name.
 
“Hey stop crying. I’ll be here for you all day if you need someone. I have nothing else to do today. By the way my name is Choi Young Hak but everyone calls me Kan.” I look up and he’s smiling down at me. 
 
“Thanks but I don’t wanna be a bother to you. I’m Josephine but just call me Sephina.” I put on a fake smile.
 
“Cute name~ Can I call you Jojo instead?” Hear him say Jojo reminded me even for of Yejun and it made me cry even harder. 
 
Kan looked at me worried he had said something wrong. “Omo, I’m sorry I won’t call you that if you don’t want me too.” He’s patting my hair now. It’s really comforting.
 
“Ne, komawo (Yes, Thank you)” I bowed politely. 
 
“Want to go to the park and talk? Maybe that’ll be good for you.” Kan said smiling.
 
Gosh he has a great smile. I wish we could be great friends in the future. “Sure….” I was still unsure if I can trust this guy but I hope he won’t betray me. He seem like a guy that wouldn’t do that. 
At the park I tell him my whole story but every time I got to Yejun’s name I couldn’t bring myself to say it. I told him about my trust issues and he told me that he  could never hurt a girl like me. Hearing that I blushed. 
 
“KAN! KAN! WHERE ARE YOU! WE JUST GOT AN UNEXPECTED SHEDUAL TO GO TO!! LET’S GOO!!” Someone screamed from the front of the park after he saw Kan sitting on the far said. 
 
“Yah, my hyung is too lazy to come over here to get me. But oh well, I’m sorry Sephina but it looks like I have to go.” He said while bowing.
 
“It’s okay. I understand. And I know you won’t be like those other guys.” I said to him reassuringly.
 
He smiled at my comment and secretly took out a phone. “Can we swap numbers so that you can call of text me when you need someone to talk to again?” 
 
“Okay sure. But why are you holding your phone so secretly?” I ask while putting my number in his phone.
 
“YAHHH!! KAN!! IKNOW YOU HEAR ME!!! LET’S GO!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!” Kan’s hyung yells again waiting impatiently at the park entrance.
 
“ARRASO JINON-HYUNG I’M COMING!” Kan yells back. 
 
“Well I guess I have to leave now. Bye Sephina! Oh and I’m not supposed to have a phone at the moment but I bought a new one so that I can keep in contact with people.” After that he left waving at me. 
 
I smile and wave back. I guess this day isn’t so bad now. 
 
To: Kan
From:Sephina
Thanks for being there for me again. =) I don’t know what I would have done without you. And can you keep this between us. K? Thanks. =D
 
To:Sephina
From: Kan
Yep. No problem. I was glad I could be there for you. A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be crying like that. =) I hope we can meet again soon but I gotta go cause Jinon Hyung is eyeing me weirdly.
 
Kan thinks I’m pretty? He wasn’t so bad looking himself. I hope we can become more than friends.
 
To:Kan
From:Sephina
Arraso Kan-shi~ Annyeong and don’t get your phone taken away. >.< 
 
To:Sephina
From:Kan
Drop the formalities. =) call me Kan Oppa. =D Arraso? And I won’t I’ve had this phone for about 3 years now and no one has noticed. =) Annyeong~
 
To:Kan
From:Sephina
Arraso, Kan Oppa~ Annyeong~
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
*Kan’s P.O.V*
 
Jinon-hyung you Babo. I was getting to really know Sephina and then you had to come and get me. Arg!!! Sephina is really pretty especially when she smiles. I can’t believe she’s been through all that and she’s still okayish. I mean I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have Umma, if Appa was in the hospital and could die anyd ay, and that my best friend leave me on the day before my birthday promising to do something special with me the next day. She’s such a strong girl. I admire that about her. Sephina-shi I that hope we can become something more than friends. 
 
Remembering that her birthday is tomorrow….
 
“Jinon-hyung?”
 
“Yeh?”
 
“Do we have practice tomorrow?” 
 
“No. That’s why we are having this unexpected shecdual It’s practice until midnight. Then tomorrow and half of the next day off to do what ever we want since our debut is only a few months away. Why?”
 
“Oh, I was just wondering.” I’m gonna do something nice for Sephina tomorrow for her birthday. To make up for that friend of hers and to get to know her better. 
 
To: Sephina
From:Kan
Sephina~ Since tomorrow’s your birthday I was thinking can we hang out for the whole day? I promise I won’t leave you. 
 
To:Kan
From:Sephina
Uhhhhh. Okayy. But if you suddenly leave me or not come at all. I’m not gonna talk to you ever again. 
 
I smile at her response. 
 
To: Sephina
From: Kan
Don’t worry~ I would never do that to you. =) Meet me at Beansbin Coffee for breakfast at 7:30. I hear they have great waffles there. >.<
 
To: Kan
From: Sephina 
Okay. Well I’m going to bed now. I’m excited for tomorrow!~
 
To: Sephina
From: Kan
Okay~ Bye~ And Good Night~
 
I hope you like tomorrow Sephina~
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
*Author’s Note: Chapter 3! 1426 Words long. Writing this isn’t as hard as I thought. I hope you guys like this. Kan is introduced in this chapter…  Wonder how their relationship will develop…?? Well me too.. Lol. I write these chapter by chapter. Next chapter will be about Sephina’s Birthday. I hope you guys will like it. =)*