What Happened......

If Only You Knew....

 

*Author’s note: Italicized  = thoughts; Bold = English; First chapter. I hope you guys like it.*
 
*Yejun’s P.O.V*
 
May 31.…. Only one more day until her birthday. I wonder if I should get her something? I mean I always have but I just never sent it to her thinking that she moved since whenever I tried to call her to explain what happened she never answered. Now she probably never wants to see me again....
 
Thinking back to that day I can’t help but feel as if something bad happened…….. 
 
I start imagining what could have happened to her and how she might feel with out me there… Then I feel something wet on my cheeks…. I started crying. 
 
“Why are you crying dongsaeng?” Kan-hyung asked me when he heard me crying.
 
“Oh it’s nothing. Don’t worry bout it.” I try to put on a fake smile but he sees right through it. 
 
“If you don’t want to talk about it that’s fine but you don’t have to lie to me. I’ll be here to talk if you need someone.” Hyung gives me an encouraging smile before he leaves the room we share.
 
Now all I can think about is what happened three years ago on this very day…..
_____________________________________________________________________________________
*Flashback - Three years ago*
 
I see my best friend of 15 years, Josephina Lee, she’s a big ball of fun and today’s the day before her birthday. I bet she forgot AGAIN!
 
“Jojo!!! Guess what day it is!!!” I shout to her from across the school yard. 
 
“It’s May 31.… What about it?” She asks. Hehehe she forgot. I knew it!
 
“WHAT ABOUT IT!?! Only one more day until your birthday!!” I see her smile remembering it’s her birthday tomorrow. Gosh Jojo, you have a fantastic smile. I wish you always smiled like that. 
 
I smile seeing her smiling. Then I say, “So what do you want to do tomorrow after school for your birthday?” Watch she’s probably gonna say the same thing as last year: hang out after school then dinner with her Appa.
 
“I dun know…. Probably just hanging out with you and dinner with you and my dad. Same as every year.” 
Yep I was right. I started thinking of things we can do tomorrow. Then I thought of the perfect day. I swear she’s gonna love it.
 
“How about I get you to go out for breakfast, come to school, then at lunch we eat something that I will make especially for you since it’s your birthday, then hang out at the park, and then dinner with your dad? Sound good to you??”
 
I know she loves it. Her smile says it all. “Sounds great! I can’t wait till tomorrow. What time should I be ready by?”
 
Thinking about it for a minute. I say, “Awesome. How about 7:30 cause we need time to eat and get to school.” cause school starts to 9 and it’ll probably take us like a hour to eat. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*After school*
 
I see Jojo leaving school. Knowing here she’ll probably forget about our plans tomorrow so I decide to scream at her, “HEY JOJO!! DON’T FORGET TOMORROW 7:30!!! I’LL BE WAITING OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR!!” After that I see her smile and I smile walking to my appa’s car. 
 
Appa’s smiling so much… I wonder why…. 
 
“Appa? Why are you smiling so much?” I ask him.
 
“Guess what?!” He says.
 
“What???” I smile, so excited to hear what news he has…. Or at least I thought I was…..
 
“We’re moving to Seoul and you’re going to start training at CAN&J entertainment!!” My Appa’s so excited about this and I am too cause he knew that I always wanted to be a singer and now I am one step closer to accomplishing that.
 
“When are we moving?” 
 
“At 8” After hearing that my smile faded.
 
Seeing me lose my smile, “What’s wrong” Appa asks me.
 
“We can’t move today. Tomorrow is Jojo’s birthday. I promised to spend the whole day with her.” I whisper.
 
“What son? I didn’t hear you”
 
“WE CAN’T MOVE TODAY! TOMORROW IS JOJO’S BITHDAY! I PROMISED HER I WOULD SPEND THE WHOLE DAY WITH HER!!!” I practically shout at Appa. Realizing that I quickly apologize. “Mainhaeyo Appa I didn’t mean to scream at you.”
 
“I understand son. But there’s nothing we can do. Everything is packed and on it’s way to Seoul as we speak. And by the time we get there all of our things will be at our new apartment. Plus you start your training tomorrow.” 
 
“Arraso Appa.” I sigh and see Appa look at me. I know he wants to say more but he knows how I will react plus I’m not listening. I’m thinking of how to tell Jojo about this. I’ve never broken a promise with her especially one that she’s so happy about. 
 
It’s now 8 and we are waiting to board our plane but then we hear that our flight has been delayed for 1 hour due to some reason that I forgot. I tried calling Jojo so many times but she never picked up. I wonder why? Is she busy or are her and her father doing something for a pre-birthday thing? We hear an announcement  to board our plan. I sigh knowing that Jojo will never know what happened to me until I could contact her…. Hopefully that would be soon. 
 
It’s 9:30 and I’m waiting for the plane to take off I start crying. Know that by now Jojo will be getting ready for bed excited for the wonderful day I had planed for tomorrow. But now that will never happen……..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The next day - June 1* 
I feel a nudge on my shoulder. Umma was waking me up cause we were landing. I looked at my watch…. Midnight….. Ughhh why is this so hard? I need to call Jojo but she’s sleeping by now. My, Umma, Appa, and Eunhye-noona (I just made this up. Idk if he really has a sister or not.) get into a cab and we are on our way to our apartment. It take 30 minuets for us to get there.
 
When we get there Umma says to me. “Yejun go to bed. You start practice at 10A.M and I want to be sure you are well rested. Your room if on the right.” She kisses my forehead goodnight.
 
I trudge to my room. Thinking about how am I supposed to fall asleep knowing that Jojo would get the best birthday present ever from me. I fall asleep one hour later……
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*At 9:30 A.M that same day - June 1*
 
My umma wakes me up at 9:30 to get ready to go to CAN&J Entertainment for my first day of training. 
I wanna call Jojo but school’s already started ad I know she’s disappointed that I wasn’t there to take her out this morning. 
 
When I get to the company. They ask for my cell phone and tell me that I can’t have it back until one yeat after I debut. Just great! Now how am I supposed to call Jojo?? I always forget her number and I know that Umma, Appa, and Noona don’t have it. UGHH! Hopefully they let me write down her number.
 
“Can I have it back real quick. I gotta get my friend’s phone number so I can call her.” 
 
But the guy just said no. Once taken away you can’t get it back until one year after debut…..
 
Jojo please know that I didn‘t abandon you…. I know I should have told you sooner but I had only found out that I got accepted to Can&J just 2 days ago. And I didn’t know how to tell you. Appa didn’t tell me until this afternoon that we were moving. I’m sorry….. I’ve ruined your birthday…….
 
I start crying and then I feel someone wipe my tears.
 
“Anyong haseyo I’m Kan. Who are you and why are you crying?” I look up and see a guy there. He couldn’t be older then me buy much but I knew he was older.
 
“Oh, Anyong haseyo, I’m Yejun, new trainee, Mainhe but I don’t feel comfortable talking about it.”  I try to smile at Kan but I failed.
 
“Okay, but if you need someone to talk to, I’m always here.” He said smiling and then walked away.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
*Author’s note:* Chapter 2 done! Btw if you are wondering for this story Yejun and Sephina are from Seogwipo. I know that’s not where he’s from originally but I needed a place far enough away from Seoul. I hope you guys like it! Please comment and Subscribe. ~ ^_^ (1433 words long)*