A Visitor

Oblivious Of the Truth

 

Chapter 5

A Visitor

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo’s car pulled into the car park of the hospital and Krystal stepped out in an extremely lady-like way. She shut the car’s door gently and shined a smile at Myungsoo. Myungsoo nodded back at her, acknowledging her presence.

 

His reaction did not really disturb or disappoint Krystal, because she knew later on, when they become closer, everything’s going to change. First impression doesn’t always matter that much.

 

She stood there and waited for Myungsoo to lead the way, however he just stood there as still as a statue and stared at her. Even though he was practically still a stranger to her, it was obvious he was observing her. His actions made her become more aware of her surroundings, her job, the people around her and how easily her secret could be dug out, even if she tries her hardest to hide it.

 

She smiled back widely and pretended not to notice that he was observing her. After a few seconds, Myungsoo gave up and just walked away from her, towards the hospital.

 

As Krystal followed him quietly, she stared at his back side. He was dressed in black, from head to toe, just like him. Krystal shook her head out of frustration and tried to focus on following Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo suddenly stopped in his footsteps and caused Krystal to bump into him clumsily.

“Oops. Sorry… Oppa?” Krystal mumbled out hesitantly. The first second her eyes had met him, she had wanted to call him oppa, but she didn’t know if Myungsoo would consent that.

“You can call me oppa if you want to, I don’t mind.” Myungsoo replied answering her unasked question straight away.

 

Krystal stood there wide-eyed in shock. She was surprised at his sudden answer, he had read her mind, so quickly and accurately that it made her happy and shiver at the same time. This job was pretty difficult after all.

 

Krystal looked up at him and realised that he had been waiting for an answer from her, she just merely nodded back at him and as if he received her message, he smiled and started walking towards the hospital again.

 

Krystal smiled to herself and quickened her footsteps in order to catch up to Myungsoo, who was already inside the huge white building.

 

---

 

 

Jonghyun closed the door of Tiffany’s room as he had just finished visiting her. He stepped out into the hallway and turned left. Before he walked off, he saw a glimpse of Myungsoo and another girl walking towards Tiffany’s room. He sat himself down a few seats next to the room and witnessed the two walking in. He wondered who the girl was; she looked familiar to him.

As the two entered, Jonghyun left as he couldn’t really do anything much sitting there. He couldn’t re-enter either: he was afraid of awkward situations.

 

Tiffany was just about to fall asleep when she heard some shuffling noises and the click of the door. She sighed, another visitor. She was starting to feel exhausted with all the people that had visited, even strangers. The nurses, Jonghyun, and Hoya who she just met. She smile at the thought of that cheerful, handsome guy.

She pulled herself up from the hospital bed and sat up leaning against the pillow. She fidgeted with her fingers as she waited to see the faces of her new visitors.

Her lips twitched upwards as Myungsoo entered, but when she saw a girl behind him, her lips slouched down again.

“Miyoung-ah, I’m back.” Myungsoo greeted as he placed a basket of fruits and a bottle of orange juice on the coffee table.

The girl stood there awkwardly and bowed to Tiffany politely. Tiffany gave her a small smile and the girl smiled back. Myungsoo sat down besides Tiffany and an awkward silence sank in.

To Tiffany, the girl was extremely pretty, young and bright. You could say that it was kind of threatening to her, as Tiffany was afraid that she will take Myungsoo away from her.

“So..?” Tiffany asked with a weak tone.

Myungsoo looked up at Tiffany and saw her pale and weak figure. His eyebrows furrowed in worry immediately, however he didn’t make any comment as Tiffany had asked him something.

“Oh right. Sorry. I forgot to introduce you guys.” He stood up again and motioned the girl to come closer. The girl took a few steps forward and bowed again.

“This is Krystal Jung. She will be working with us starting from today.”

Tiffany just nodded and took her hand out from her cosy blankets and said.

“Nice to meet you Krystal.”

“Nice to meet you too” Krystal replied and shook Tiffany’s hand. “Umm… What shall I call you?” Krystal asked looking at both Myungsoo and Tiffany.

“You can call me Tiffany.” Tiffany said smiling.

“Miyoung-ah, are you alright?” Myungsoo asked.

Krystal stood there and witnessed the scene. She took in the details carefully. Just as she had thought, Tiffany and Myungsoo are extremely close. The girl had told her to call her as Tiffany, however he called her by her real name. This small detail showed how close they were, and to fulfil her job, she’ll have to find a way to somehow separate them a little.

“Will I be able to go right now? I have some personal issues to deal with.” Krystal asked as she had just received a text from her real ‘boss’.

The two nodded simultaneously and Krystal nodded back before picking up her bag and walked out of the room hesitantly.

 

As soon as Krystal had left, silence sank in between the two again.

“Myungsoo-ah, I want to rest now. Is that ok? I feel really exhausted.”

Myungsoo nodded and helped Tiffany lie down and arranged her pillows for her.

“Comfy?” Myungsoo asked.

Tiffany nodded in response and snuggled comfortably into the blankets.

“Have a good rest. I’ll be going now, but I’ll be back soon.”

Tiffany nodded and closed her eyes, hoping desperately to fall asleep as she wanted to forget about all her problems as soon as possible.

 

 


 

Omg sooo sorry for updating soooooo late. Had exams and everything. But now it's holidays, so I might update more. I'm thinking of putting up the next chapter really soon. Because this story is seriously progressing too slow! And it has so much more plot, but I'm forgetting half of it. :P

This was an extremely short chapter, but I'll be updating more often. So I guess that makes up for the shorter chapters? :P

But still hopefully I will be able to make more progress on this fanfic during this holidays. Hope you liked it!

Subscribe, Vote and comment! :)