Newcomer

Oblivious Of the Truth

 

Chapter 2

Newcomer

 

 

 

 

A month passed so fast that Tiffany felt like that hurtful fight had happened yesterday. Life had still been the same with the daily fights and the small joyful moments, shared with the love of her life and her most important partner in her career. Everything was fine with the both of them until one day when the ITTSF sent another person into their office to assist them. This decision of the ITTSF changed everything. This decision ended up changing the two’s daily life and their bright future.

 

 

---

 

 


“Rrring!Rrring!” The phone rang like any other normal thing of the day, but little did the two know that it was something that would change both of their futures.

“Go and pick up the phone, Fany.” Myungsoo ordered as he continued going through his pile of papers with furrowed eyebrows.

“Neh.” Tiffany replied as she pulled herself out from her seat and picked up the white phone from its charger.

“Yobeosaeyo?” Tiffany greeted the unknown person on the line.

“Annyeonghasaeyo! It’s Tiffany right? And also Myungsoo’s phone?” The person asked.

“Neh.” Tiffany replied. “What can I help you with?”

“Well, this is the ITTSF and we have decided to send you another person in order to assist you guys, the task recently that had been given to you isn’t an easy one, so we thought of giving you guys another assistant to help you. Would that be alright madam?” The person asked.

Tiffany took in the words one by one and immediately felt her heart sank, she did not want another person at all. She felt that Myungsoo and her were enough, and she didn’t want to anyone to come in between them, but she can’t make this important and dangerous decision by herself, that would only cause even more trouble in upcoming future. She just stood there dumbfounded, not knowing what to do.

“Hello? You still there?” The person on the line asked.

“Neh.. neh.” Tiffany replied.

“Fany. Who is it?” Myungsoo asked as he lifted his head out from his pile of tiring work.

Tiffany covered the phone with her hand and answered Myungsoo. “The ITTSF.”

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows in surprise. The ITTSF hardly ever calls unless there’s something extremely important that had came up, like a party, a celebration or an overwhelmingly serious case. “Jinja?” Myungsoo asked as he pushed himself out of the chair and took the phone away from Tiffany and spoke with the person.

Tiffany stood there waiting for Myungsoo to hear the message, she didn’t know what his decision would be and she was scared. She was afraid that she would say yes, and if he did, there was a huge chance of her losing him. She knew that by assistant it wasn’t a guy, it was definitely a girl. That’s how the ITTSF had been calling the girls all these years, as “Assistants” for the detectives.

“Neh. Mhm.” Was all what Myungsoo had said for the last five minutes and Tiffany stood there beside him fidgeting with her fingers waiting anxiously. Only if I could read his mind, then I would know what he would be thinking. Then I might be able to convince him and tell him my opinion… but even then he probably won’t even listen to me. Tiffany thought.

“Neh. That’s alright, just email me thanks!” Myungsoo said and ended the phone call with a smile.

“Sooo…” Tiffany blurted out as soon as Myungsoo ended the call. “Did you accept her?” As she asked that question, she could feel her heartbeat increasing, she half knew the answer but she couldn’t help hoping that he hadn’t said yes.

“Of course I’d say yes!! There would be a newcomer! And I guess she’ll be living with us too! Life would be so much more interesting, don’t you think Fany??” Myungsoo asked smiling happily and hugged Tiffany tightly.

Tiffany just stood there mind blank. Why in the world was he this happy? If he’s this happy, maybe I should just go with it, I mean a newcomer will probably add a bit more sugar in life, but it was also add salt and maybe even chilli. [A/N Sugar = sweetness. Salt = sadness as in friendship. Chilli = Love / Enemy ]

Tiffany could only nod but she just couldn’t make her arms go around the excited guy and hug him back. She just stood there like a statue with Myungsoo being all excited like a three year old boy who had just received his favourite toy.

After a few minutes, Myungsoo realised that there was hardly any reaction coming from Tiffany, she was frozen with an absolute blank face. It was as if right that moment she had shut herself completely and he couldn’t lift the cover off no matter how hard he tried. He couldn’t read her at all.

“Tiffany? Gwenchana? You look so pale? Are you sick?” Myungsoo suddenly asked with a worried tone.

Tiffany looked up and shook her head still with no expression.

Myungsoo knew immediately that it must be something that he had done, but this time he seriously had no idea of what he had done that made her react this way. Was it because he had agreed to bring in another person? Was it because of that? Was it because he hadn’t asked her about her opinion? But that’s just weird. Why would she be upset because of that? After all, he had only agreed bringing in the new girl for Tiffany. He had witnessed her nearly falling asleep during her work, and how her light was still on at two in the morning. The newcomer could help Tiffany and lift a bit more work of her slouching shoulders.

Myungsoo didn’t know what to do next so he just decided to sit back into his seat and continued his work, but somehow he couldn’t concentrate. Every few minutes he would bring his papers infront of his face and he would then peek at Tiffany behind the papers.

After around twenty minutes wasted for the both of them, Myungsoo finally couldn’t hold it in anymore and just lost it.

“HWANG MI YOUNG! What are you doing standing there for twenty minutes! What is wrong? I asked you and you just merely gave me a shake of your head, how would I know what you’re thinking? And you should settle down and do some work! Not just stand there like a statue doing nothing! You’re wasting your [precious time and mine too! You standing there like a statue is affecting me! I can’t concentrate at all!”

Myungsoo yelled out without thinking about what he had just said, again his emotions had taken over his brain and his logical sense.

Tiffany shook in surprise and fear, not knowing such a thing would have happened. This was absolutely unexpected, and because of this Tiffany’s heart sank even more, somehow she felt like he was already drifting away from her. He hadn’t figured out what she was thinking and she couldn't predict what he was going to do anymore. All her thoughts, emotions, feelings and confusion got over her, and before she could do anything else, she felt her vision turn blurry and the next thing she knew she fell on the floor unconscious.

 

 

---

 

 

“Tiffany!” Myungsoo yelled out in shock as he witnessed the terrifying moment when the pale-faced girl fell. A cringe worthy crack sound could be heard as her head unavoidably hit the stone-hard floor.

He ran to her immediately and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her up in a sitting position. He looked at her, his heart filled with worry, anxiety and pain. Shaking her gently by the shoulders he wished with all his heart that a reaction would occur, but her eyes stayed tightly shut.

Myungsoo had no idea what to do, his mind was blank, but there was one thought that was lurking around in his mind. He had to get her to the hospital, right now… before something serious happens.

He slipped his arms around the sleeping girl’s waist and lifted her up with all his strength carelessly. As soon as he was up, he rushed to the door and ran out of the building. He was so worried that he left the door wide open as he rushed his way to the van. Due to his worrying and his usual careless manner, he didn’t notice that the girl was turning even paler due to the unbearable cold, and she was only dressed in a pink singlet with her normal pair of grey tracksuit pants.

 

 

---

 

 

“Move! Please someone’s fainted!! DOCTOR!!” Myungsoo yelled as he kicked the doors open and rushed into the hospital. Tiffany, pale and weak laid in his arms motionlessly, if Myungsoo wasn’t rushing and screaming like a maniac, the scene would have looked so sweet as the girl looked like she was sleeping so peacefully in lovely boyfriend's arms.

A few doctors came running to Myungsoo’s side, pulled out a bed from one of the emergency rooms and Myungsoo swiftly placed Tiffany on it, making sure that she was in the comfort zone.

Myungsoo helped the doctors and nurses push the bed into the emergency room and as he did, all he could feel was panic and anxiety. He stared at the girl’s face as he ran with the hospital staff, and pushed the bed towards the emergency room with all his might, and soon the doors closed on him and he was left alone in the lonely dreadful corridor.

Myungsoo had no idea what to do, but he somehow had a feeling that the girl would be alright. It was probably only a fever. Plus these days, she had overworked herself so much, that’s why she had fainted, that must be the reason, there’s nothing more than that. He kept repeating that to himself, trying his hardest to calm himself down, but the anxiety and worry that he was feeling didn’t decrease a bit.

He sat down helplessly, as he knew that he couldn’t do anything else but sit down, stay calm and wait until the doctor comes out.

But somehow he couldn’t do that, every second that passed felt so pressuring to him, as if something bad was bound to happen. He kept getting up from his seat and glanced at his watch from time to time. One minute, he will be walking up and down the corridor, rubbing his chin in frustration, the next he will be sitting down, tapping his feet away impatiently. His actions showed that he was obviously extremely worried about Tiffany, and if she ever did get hurt seriously, he would be the one to experience most of the excruciating pain. It was obvious, but he himself was completely oblivious about it.

 

 

---

'

 

Half an hour passed, and finally the light of the emergency room turned off. As The doctor came striding out with a small and pleasant smile, Myungsoo sprinted up from his seat immediately and approached the doctor with a hopeful expression.

“Hello sir, you are the patient’s?” The doctor asked with a raised eyebrow.

Myungsoo hesitated for a while before answering. “Her Partner. Her work partner.”

“Oh.” The Doctor replied.

“So how is she? Is she alright? Is it anything serious?” Myungsoo asked straight away, as he couldn’t stand the anxiety whirling in his heart anymore.

“The girl is quite alright, sir. She has just overworked herself and had ate so little. She had an extremely high fever but ignored it completely, which resulted as fainting, since the body refused to work anymore.”

Myungsoo nodded as he took in every single word the doctor had just said.

“She’ll have to stay in the hospital for a fortnight or so, so we can observe her to see if there’s any other damage to her.”

“Arasso. Anything that I have to look out for?” Myungsoo asked.

“Neh. You’ll have to make sure that she’s not too stressed out or become overly agressive or angry. That’d might affect her condition, as she’s extremely weak right now.”

“Arasso. Gahmsahmnida Doctor.” Myungsoo said and bowed to the doctor politely.

“No worries.” The doctor replied with a smile. “By the way you have such a beautiful girlfriend, and she’s lucky to have such a responsible boyfriend like you.” The doctor walked away immediately, not leaving a second for Myungsoo to deny what he had just said.

Deep within Myungsoo, he knew that the doctor’s comment was absolutely the opposite compared to the reality, but somehow he wished that it was true. He had always imagined them to be together, once in a while, holding hands, saying sweet things to each other, and most importantly always having the other there beside them, no matter what happens.

Myungsoo wandered off to Tiffany’s room as he thought over the doctor’s words.

 

 

---

 

 

Her eyes fluttered open as she felt a drift of dizziness pass through her. Her arms felt heavy, extremely heavy, as if someone were sitting on them. Where am I? What happened? Where’s Myungsoo? These were the first three thoughts that came into Tiffany’s mind as she woke up.  The last thing she could remember was in the office receiving a call from the ITTSF.

She wanted to sit herself up, but somehow her body disobeyed her. She tried a few times but ended up laying back down in defeat.

Soon, a knock could be heard and Myungsoo stepped in with a stressed look. Tiffany’s eyes immediately curved into a moon-shape and her lips turned upwards. She gave the brightest smile she could give even though she was still feeling extremely weak and a bit nauseous.

“Fany-ah… gwenchana??” Myungsoo asked as he sat himself down on the bed beside her. He took her hands in his and rubbed them softly.

“Why did you overwork yourself for? Look what this had turned out to be! Fany-ah, please make sure to take care of yourself… I need you…” Myungsoo blurted out mindlessly. Only after a few second did he realise what he had said.

“Not … not only me. Most importantly the ITTSF needs you too, to assist and help you know…” Myungsoo added as quickly as he possibly could. His words led to an awkward silence as Tiffany looked away from Myungsoo.

She was disappointed, her heart had warmed up at his words at first. Those three words. I need you. To her, it was as important as I love you. Maybe even more important, but he changed it, he added something else that changed the whole meaning of his sentence, which then instantly cooled her down and she was just plainly disappointed.

“Neh. Myungsoo-ah, I’ll try not to.” Tiffany replied back softly, still looking away.

“I’ll make sure that you won’t. Fany-ah. You being sick is not helping me or the ITTSF in any way you know.” Myungsoo continued on, still not realising how these words had started to hurt Tiffany’s feelings. Tiffany had only been trying to impress him, that’s why she had tried extra hard, that’s why she stayed up so late organizing those complicated files and helping Myungsoo finish up some of his work. It was all done for him, she had acted liked that because she thought that he would have praised her, and that he would have noticed her more, but the result was completely the opposite. He had noticed her, but all he did was blame her and tell her off, not one compliment could be heard. This turned Tiffany’s heart even colder.

Tiffany was just about to reply when Myungsoo’s phone interrupted their conversation.

“Wait a minute, Tiffany.” Myungsoo said as he picked up the phone.

“Yobeosaeyo?”

“The Newcomer is coming today??!!” Myungsoo yelled out in surprise. This ticked Tiffany off instantly as her eyes nearly popped out. She gathered all her concentration and tried to listen to what Myungsoo was talking about.

“Neh. Arasso. I’ll make sure that I’ll get there in time. Thanks! Neh. Annyeong!”

Myungsoo ended the call and sat back down besides Tiffany.

“Fany-ah. Our newcomer is coming today! How exciting! Now you won’t be as stressed and busy as before, someone else would be able to share your work!! You’ll feel much better! I promise!” Myungsoo shouted out smiling.

Tiffany could only smile back as her eyes met Myungsoo’s happy ones.

“Neh.” Tiffany replied.

“I need to go to the office right now, in order to meet her. Arasso?? I’ll bring her here later. Make sure to take plenty of rest. I’ll be right back after an hour or so. Ok?” Myungsoo asked.

“Arasso.” Tiffany replied as she nodded.

Myungsoo nodded back and left the room.

 

 

---

 

 

Myungsoo inserted the keys into the lock and opened the door of the building. He stepped into the empty building as the daunting silence sank into him. He hated when there was noone at home. (The office to Myungsoo was his home).

He quickly took off his shoes and went into the kitchen and turned the kettle on, just because he wanted some noise. As soon as the water was boiled, the doorbell rang and Myungsoo ran excitedly to the door.

He took a deep breath and gently pushed the door open revealing a tall, slim and beautiful girl, standing at the door.

“Annyeong!” The girl greeted as she bowed politely to him. Her shiny black hair flew into the air as she bowed and was blown back behind her shoulders as she stood up. Her eyes were glimmering as she smiled brightly whilst greeting him. She had a petite white top on which made her look extremely pure and innocent. Just simply by her image, she had overwhelmed Myungsoo completely.

He stood there at the door gaping at her stupidly. He stopped only when the girl waved her hands in front of his face asking if he was alright.

“Mian for such a weird first greeting. Anyways I’m Myungsoo. You?”

“Krystal Jung. Just call me Krystal.” The girl replied.

 


 

 

Hey everyone!! SOoooooooo long since I have updated, I had wanted to update this since last weekend, but somehow I didn’t have enough time, and the plan just backfired. THE DEADLINE IS SOOOOOOOO CLOSE. AND I ONLY HAVE  2 CHAPTERS DONE!! L Oh wells, hope I ‘d be able to finish in time.

 

SO basically this chapter is just a filling in, and a new character is introduced. KRYSTAL!! Now since Krystal has entered this fanfic, I can guarantee you that there will probs be quite a few myungstal moments 

 

oh yea i also replied to ur comments :) scroll down :)

 

Ok please subscribe and comment! ME DISLIKE SILENT READERS :P

 

THANKS!

HELEN xx

P.S. I finally got a poster!! Do you like it? :)