Mysteries

Oblivious Of the Truth

 

Chapter 7

Mysteries

 

 

 

Rrring!

 

"Someone pick up the phone! Hurry!" Tiffany yelled out frantically as she was on her mobile talking to an important officer. 

 

Krystal - now as Myungsoo and Tiffany's work mate - rushed to where the phone was and picked it up in a hurry.

 

"Hello. Who's talking?" Krystal asked with a serious tone.

 

"The ITSSF of course. Who else?" The caller replied.

 

Krystal shocked by the answer replied immediately with an apologetic tone. "I'm extremely sorry. I'm new here and I didn't know..."

 

"It's alright. I figured that out." 

 

"So may I ask why you called?" Krystal asked carefully. She did not know what she was doing in all honesty, and she couldn't afford to cause any trouble with the ITSSF, other wise she would fail her 'real job' and her life would then be completely destroyed: her family, her friends, her love, her everything...

 

"Would you be able to pass the phone to Myungsoo?" The caller asked.

 

"I'd like to but sorry he's not in his office at the moment." Krystal replied anxiously.

 

"He's not? That's strange. He normally is though..." The caller responded as their voice faded into silence. Krystal knew that whoever was on the line was doubting her, and to doubt her in such a short time, that person wasn't a normal person, they had extremely high wariness, much more higher than the norms. 

 

"Yes he isn't." Krystal reinforced her statement and took a glance at the clock. What the time read saved her. "He went out for lunch." The clock had read 1:00pm. A very reasonable time for an agent like Myungsoo to have lunch. 

 

The line was silent for a few seconds before the voice spoke out again in a more stern voice. “Then would I be able to speak to Tiffany?” 

 

Krystal paused for a while as her mind raced. This wasn't going well, the caller was not trusting her at all, but how can they figure out anything just by a call? But they were already doubting her... maybe it was just her thinking too much. 

 

"Yes you sure can. Just wait a minute, she's on the phone right now, with an important client as she had said herself." Krystal replied bluntly blurting out the absolute truth. She needed to in order to protect herself from further doubt from the caller.

 

"Oh ok. Then do not bother. I shall call back again... soon." As soon as the last word hit her ears, the dialtone filled in the empty air of the line and echoed in Krystal's ears.

 

Krystal put the phone down in a daze. This job was much more dangerous, serious and harder than she had thought of. She had underestimated the intensity of her mission but she still liked it and anticipated the coming events because it was extremely thrilling; she loved thrilling things.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The creak of the door sounded and echoed through the large living room like a doorbell, announcing the return of the owner of this household. Kim Myungsoo. The two girls' alertness were raised ten times higher as they heard this, they could not slack at all infront of this person, because all they'd get was a scolding. 

 

It had been a week since Krystal joined the two and even though Krystal hadn't taken a case yet, ( as inserting a new member in the middle of a case isn't safe or beneficial at all) she already knew the customs and ways of how Myungsoo worked, his behaviour, his ways of showing affection, anger, frustration, happiness and also his childishness. She had absorbed every little information of him in the short span of a week. That just showed how observant she is, which is also a reason that she was picked to do this mission.

 

Krystal did not only observe Myungsoo, but also her other co-worker. Hwang Tiffany. She had found out the fact that Tiffany was extremely close to Myungsoo, and they were inseparable. Krystal's first step was to break them apart, or at least loosen the bond that they shared with each other, in order to move closer to her goal that she was given by her real boss.

 

As his footsteps came closer to the two hardworking girls, Krystal straightened her clothing and stood up. She walked slowly to the door, in the same pace as Myungsoo's footsteps, so when she reached the door, she was face to face with him."

 

"Oh. You're back. Someone called before and also I have finished organising your files and I have placed it on your desk." Krystal said to him as she looked at his shoes. They were covered in mud and she wondered what Myungsoo did when he was out.

 

"Who?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"U-uh. I couldn't get his name." She replied softly.

 

"You couldn't? You couldn't even get his name? Then how in the world would I know who that was!? It could have been something really important!" Myungsoo replied and his voice was raised by a few decibels with each word; he ended up shouting at the poor girl with his last word.

 

"Myungsoo. The caller said they will call back soon. No need to scream at her." Tiffany said as she looked up at the two. Krystal had her head down and her eyes looked from side to side; she looked extremely vulnerable and lost. Tiffany's heart told her she needed to help that helpless girl.

 

Myungsoo glared at Tiffany.

 

"Oh did he? Now you're helping 'others' hey? Were you ever on my side?" Myungsoo retaliated.

 

Tiffany shut and went back to her work, she knew that he'd be irritated but he knew better to start another arguement with her when the case needed to be solved and reported up to the headquarters by tomorrow.

 

Myungsoo continued glaring at the girl who interrupted his talk and his emotions. He took a deep breath and took a glance at Krystal; he strode angrily back to his seat without another word leaving the poor girl alone and lost in the doorway by herself.

 

Krystal looked from Myungsoo to Tiffany then back again, and realised how tense the atmosphere was, she quickly walked out of the office in order to escape as it was suffocating to stay in that enclosed room.

 

She closed the door lightly and breathed in relief as soon as she left that room. Her pocket vibrated and she took out her new phone, a Samsung Galaxy SIII; it read "One New Text Message from R.B." Yes R.B was the abbreviation for her real boss. She fastened her pace and walked to the room that was the furtherest from the working office.

 

She sat down in the lounge room and unlocked her phone. Opening the message, she began to read it carefully, taking in each word and carved it into her brain.

 

"To Krystal

Don't ask how but I can see that you are progressing well. However it's been a week now and you need to take some action; try not to be too obvious but you have to get rid of that other co-worker of yours. I don't care how just do it. You have to be the closest and most trusted person to Myungsoo, no matter what. I shall give you two weeks to complete this task... otherwise I can't promise you that your loved ones would be safe. I've sent you an email, about the plan, or ideas to be exact. Now this message will be deleted one minute after being read straight away, so remember this task well. Goodbye.

From R.B"

 

As she finished, she felt her heartbeat accelerate. Get rid of her? What did that mean? As in make her be in a bad relationship with Myungsoo or make her quit? Or even worse kill her? Krystal shook her head as a hundred thousand thoughts rolled into her mind. No... no way did that mean kill her, the boss will not order a girl like me to do that.  But two weeks to complete it? The time was a bit shorter than she had expected, but she believed in herself.

 

She looked around again to make sure she was stil alone before she opened up her private mailbox. One mail was to be read, named "How to complete your task efficiently." She clicked on it and scrolled down the page, reading it as fast and efficiently as she could. 

 

Blame her for something she didn't do. Something important or serious.

Make sure to be around Myungsoo at all times and decrease the chances of those two being alone together.

 

The rest of the page filled with similar things and Krystal took it all in and carved the details into her brain. She looked around quickly before deleting the message in a flash.

She sighed with relief as she stood up and dusted her creamy pink dress. As she walked out of that lounge room, images and flashes of things that she had to do to Tiffany crossed her mind, but she shook them away as she went to get herself a cup of coffee. 

As she walked mindlessly to the coffee machine, she bumped into someone carelessly and looked up only to find her co-worker bowing at her. "Oh sorry unnie, I wasn't focusing on where I was going." Krystal said apologetically as she bowed back to her 'co-worker'.

 

The only thing running through her mind were the words that her boss had texted.
 
 
Be nice to her. Make her believe in you, the stab her in the back when she shows her vulnerable side to you.
 
 
She looked up at her unnie and a pang of something that made her extremely uncomfortable as she started to pull her jacket's zip up and down continuously, just like a small child who had done something wrong. 
 
 
"Are you alright Krystal?" Tiffany asked as she observed the younger girl's actions. 
 
 
"Yes I am unnie. I'll go back to work after I get my cup of coffee." 
 
 
"Hmm. Okay. " Tiffany replied with a smile and walked off humming.
 
 
She's an easy target
 
 
Krystal thought as she walked back to her office with a smile and a hot cup of coffee in her left hand. 
 
 
 
Authors note: 
 
OMG so sorry for the late update. This is just the beginning of the story. More mystery will come soon, and more characters will appear and some might play a pretty important role, but I don't know who to use, so who do you want to appear in this story? Comment below! :)
 
helen xx