A Pleasant Surprise

Oblivious Of the Truth

 

 

Chapter 4

A Pleasant Surprise

 

 

 

Tiffany

 

 

It just felt different today, a gut feeling. As soon as he walked out of that room, the loneliness sank in, and the possibility of him leaving me forever, increased.

 

I laid there on the hospital bed, feeling all drowsy and drained, however I forced myself to stay awake. A pain suddenly struck my head as I pushed myself up into a sitting position. I leant forward and buried my head into the warm blankets, hoping that the pain would leave me alone. I tried to think of something that would distract me.

 

One thing did distract me, his smiling face. The way his eyes would talk to me as he smiled, there wasn’t a need for words. It was as if he was there beside me right that moment. The tips of my lips tilted up slightly as I broke into a smile. Soon the throbbing pain from my head gradually faded away.

 

A whirl of wind made its way into the room slyly and blew harshly at my weak body. I shivered and craved for the warmth of someone hugging me. I couldn’t do anything though, no one was there.

 

I laid back down onto the soft hospital bed. When were hospital beds this cosy? Pulling the blanket all the way up to my shoulders, I finally allowed myself to rest properly. I stared at the wall blankly and could feel myself sink deeper and deeper into my bed, with all my worries behind.

 

Soon, I fell asleep.

 

 

---

 

 

A soft knock could be heard and stirred me a little, before some unfamiliar voice broke the peaceful and heavenly slumber I was in.

 

“Hey! I’m back! Sorry for making you wait! I’ve bought heaps of fruits, your favourite too…”

 

The person’s footsteps could be heard entering the room quite quickly. Just by the footsteps, my senses made out that it was definitely not Myungsoo, but a stranger. The possibility of the person being a he was extremely high, due to his manly voice and his identifiable footsteps. He’s probably somewhere around her age, with the liveliness of a child, but his steps were still certain and stable, unlike a reckless teen.

 

 

Opening my eyes, I found my sight quite blurred, the blinding light shone on me forcefully and my eyes squinted in complaint.

 

The footsteps stopped immediately as he reached his destination.

 

“Oh um. Sorry to disturb, I think I was too excited and entered the wrong room.” The stranger said chuckling a little, just like a small kid who had unknowingly made a mistake.

 

I didn’t know who it was but I politely nodded my head towards his way.

 

“I guess I should go now. Sorry to disturb you Miss.” The guy said politely.

 

Before I realised what I was doing, my voice blurted out. “Can you please stay here for awhile? Just a while?”

 

I didn’t know why I had said that, but I certainly didn’t regret it, because I knew I wanted some company, especially now that I’ve woken up again, I didn’t want to stay in this boring, plain room alone.

 

As he turned, my vision became clearer and I saw the man’s unqiue features. He had an extremely sweet smile, just like Myungsoo, but his sharp features gave off a strong manly feel, unlike Myungsoo. His brown hair was quite straight, mostly brushed to the left side. His body had definitely been worked on, as he couldn’t even hide the rippling muscles and firm figure underneath his leather jacket.

 

“Sure. If that’s what you want. But may I ask why?” The man asked.

 

“I’m lonely.” I replied with three syllables and somehow with this, it made me feel even lonelier and as if I was asking for sympathy from the man. I didn’t want to admit that, but I knew it was the truth.

 

“Oh. Well you’ve found the right person, miss. I will definitely cheer you up!” He replied happily and gave me his heart-melting smile again.

 

I smiled back unknowingly.

 

“Thank you.” I replied.

 

“What’s your name? It’s funny how we’ve been conversing for quite a few minutes, and I don’t even know your name!” He exclaimed.

 

I giggled a little and replied.

 

“Hwang Miyoung, but you can call be Tiffany,”

 

“Miyoung’s a really nice name. Can I call you that or would you prefer to be called Tiffany?” He asked.

 

“It.. It’s fine.” That was weird. Why did I say that? It was a fact that only Myungsoo in the whole universe could call me Miyoung, as he was the only one that received my permission. But right now, I had just given a stranger permission to call me a name that was extremely precious to me.

 

“That’s good Miyoung-ah. Well, I’m Lee Ho Won, but please call me Hoya.” Hoya said.

 

“Hoya...  Hoya, that’s a handsome name.” I replied, smiling.

 

“A name can be handsome?” Hoya asked.

 

“Of course, well at least that’s what I think.” I replied.

 

Noone’s POV

 

This girl is so easy to interact with, her eye-smile is the most beautiful thing I had ever witnessed. She’s so beautiful, I can’t take my eyes off her, I have no idea know why I’m so attracted to her. I don’t even know why I stayed. Hoya thought.

 

“So why are you feeling lonely?” Hoya asked curiously. He had felt the loneliness that Tiffany was in when she announced that she was lonely. It felt so shockingly real, it was as if he could read auras as he certainly had read hers.

 

“Oh… My partner left me to welcome our new partner, so I was left alone. I guess I worked too hard and fainted, so I ended up here.” She said with a soft tone, even though there was a smile on her face, Hoya could feel the sadness hidden deep within the girl’s heart.

 

“Huh? Your partner? Your new partner? What do you mean, Miyoung-ah?” Hoya asked. He was certainly confused, he had no idea what Tiffany was talking about. If she meant partner as in her boyfriend, then what’s with their new partner? That makes no sense. He looked at Tiffany questionably.

 

“Oh.. um.. uhh…” Tiffany stuttered as she thought about how she should reply. Being in the ITSSF meant keeping her job as a secret from everyone, even from her closest friends and relatives. That was how secretive the association was. She had to make up something, something that made sense according to what she had said before.

 

“Our work partner. My friend and also my partner owns a very big mansion and we have our own small company. Today we just recruited a new worker, so I guess I can call her our new partner.” Tiffany replied with a smile hoping that Hoya would buy her made-up story. Fortunately he did.

 

“Ah ok, I get you now.” Hoya replied, smiling back.

 

Tiffany sighed in relief. Thank goodness he didn’t find out, but why do I feel so bad lying to him? I even lied to Jonghyun about my job and got over that quite quickly. Why do I feel so bad lying to this man that I had just met about an hour ago?

 

“Well who were you supposed to visit today, Hoya?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Oh, my friend.” Hoya replied

 

“And all those fruits are for him?” Tiffany asked.

 

It was actually a her, but Hoya didn’t make the effort to correct her. It wasn’t that he was too lazy to, he just didn’t want to. It was as if he was scared that she would mistake his friend and his girlfriend, he didn’t know why he felt that way, he just did.

 

“Yes, it is. But I’m sure that he would gladly share some with you. Do you want some Miyoung-ah?” Hoya asked.

 

“It’s fine. Save them from your friend.” Tiffany replied with a smile. She was thankful that he even asked. She could feel that he was certainly a really nice and caring gentleman.

 

The two spent their time talking, laughing and teasing each other. In an instant they knew a whole lot more about each other, and they certainly did feel closer. When it was time for Hoya to leave, Tiffany couldn’t help but pout and complain.

 

“Why do you have to leave now? Can’t you stay a bit longer? You will leave me all alone again.” Tiffany said.

 

“You know what.”

 

“What?”

 

“You’re such a cutie pie.”  Hoya said and squeezed Tiffany’s cheeks playfully. Tiffany whinged and Hoya laughed.

 

“I’ll see you later Miyoung-ah.” Hoya said whilst waving.

 

“How? How are we supposed to meet again.” Tiffany asked.

 

Hoya pointed over to the table next to Tiffany and said, “There’s my number, text or call me whenever you want. I’ll definitely reply.” He answered.

 

“Ok. Thank you for accompanying me, Hoya-shii.” Tiffany said.

 

“No worries, it’s my pleasure.”

 

As Hoya opened the door to leave, a guy stood there and looked like he was just about to open the door. Hoya smiled at the guy and let him in before exiting the room himself.

 

Jonghyun looked strangely at the stranger and tilted his head to the side. He wondered who that guy was, he had never seen him before. Jonghyun walked further into the room and found Tiffany smiling sweetly on her bed.

 

“Why are you smiling like that Tiffany?” Jonghyun asked.

 

Tiffany immediately looked up and exclaimed in surprise. “Oh Jonghyun oppa! Oh, I’m just really happy.” Tiffany replied.

 

Jonghyun still had a confused expression on his face. He hadn’t seen such a sincere and happy smile from Tiffany in ages. To see her that happy made him happy too, but he still wondered about the reason that made her so bright.

 

“Who was that?” Jonghyun asked pointing at the door.

 

“Who?”

 

“That guy that I’ve never seen before. The one that just left.”

 

“Oh him. It’s Hoya. A friend that I just met.” Tiffany replied and smiled even wider.

 


Hey everyone! Omg, I feel so bad for updating this like once a month. And I find myself always saying this at the end of every chapter. I had a huge writer's block and just simply shopped and had fun on the holidays, and didn't even update ONE chapter. I am so sorry! Now I feel guilty :( 

Now school has started again, I guess I will be even more busy, I will TRY to update soon, but I can't promise :( 

I hope you liked this chapter. Hoya is introduced!! YAY! :) keke and Jonghyun reappears in this chapter. No Myungsoo this chapter :( Soz, Wow the story is actually progressing really slowly. Sorry for that. :P

Thanks for reading! Subscribe and comment! :)

 

Helen xx