Page 06. Let It Snow

As The Rainbow Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I went out with her last night to ease her nervousness and it seemed to have worked, but why is it that I am the one who is suddenly nervous for this contest today?

 

Despite the cold season, sweat trickles down the sides of my face as I push myself through the crowd, trying to find an opening to this seemingly pack of sardines I am in. 

 

"Yuj!" I heard my name being called and that's a voice I am very familiar with, she's at the end of this crowd and I sighed in relief seeing that there's actually a way out of this.

 

"President!" I called out as soon as I got out of the suffocating crowd. 

 

The student council president, Yu Jimin, is a year ahead of me and has the same major as Yena. I have known her throughout my college life as she's the one who helped me before when I was still a newbie with being a student leader. Right now though, she suddenly texted me before the event could even start, telling me that there's an emergency. I hope it's not that bad that will affect me the whole day.

 

"I thought I was going to die in that crowd," I deadpanned and she only chuckled at me. I motioned for her to walk before me and I followed closely behind her.

 

"I'm sorry for this sudden emergency I really owe you big time. We are all supposed to have fun and enjoy the event. But you see, there have been problems with the permits we submitted that concerns this event. I don't want the other students to get disappointed so the University's head suggested we finish this quietly today, as soon as possible," she explained.

 

Well why does it sound like this will affect me the whole day...

 

I only nodded and didn't chat any further because as soon as we got into the student council room, I opened one of the spare laptops that the school provided us while the president also did the same but with her own laptop.

 

And just as I thought, it indeed robbed me of my whole day of fun. In just a few minutes I am stressed out cramming some letters and chasing different teacher heads for their signatures. It's been hours and it felt like it's been decades for me. I haven't touched my phone yet and I feel so disconnected from everyone else.

 

"Tough day," I heaved a sigh as I just finished getting the signature of the last professor. Well it's not yet the end for me though because we still have to submit these to the head and get the final approval. 

 

"Sorry Yuj, I will treat you after all this. Looks like this will be over together with the contest happening down there-"

 

HOLD ON. THE CONTEST. 

 

"Oh my god," I unconsciously gasped and I could sense the worry look on the president's face.

 

I didn't inform Wonyoung and the others about this sudden thing with the student council. I am so done, they'd think I ditched them. 

 

I hurriedly switched on my phone to see different missed calls from Yena and Yuri, and text from Liz IN ALL CAPS. THREATENING ME. My heart is pounding so fast maybe because I was running just a while ago or maybe I am nervous that I seriously forgot about the contest after drowning myself in student council work, or maybe scared that my friends would be upset.

 

YENA: Where are you? The crowd is too much save mee

YURI: Wonyoung is gonna be up there in a few where tf are u?

LIZ: DON'T YOU EVER DITCH US. GET OVER HERE QUICK OR YOU WANNA UPSET WONYOUNG?

 

I am now panicking, not knowing what to do because this work isn't over yet until we get the head's approval. How am I supposed to tell them? I feel so bad as a friend why must this happen right now out of all the day and time.

 

"Everything okay?" Rina asked. That's also our president's nickname by the way.

 

"My friends are gonna kill me. Do you think the contest is already over though? One of my friends is competing. I promised to watch," I explained.

 

"Not really sure but I think it's nearing its end now? Though I think I heard that there's still some question and answer portion left after some break if I am not mistaken."

 

I looked out the window from the student council room and I can see the on-going event from here. There I saw all the muses lined up on stage and I tried desperately to look for her.

 

Panic in my eyes overtook as I struggled to make out the faces of the contestants. I just realized that I am really not gonna make it. I don't want Wonyoung to get upset with me, not when I promised to watch and cheer on her. But, I guess, desperate times call for desperate action, so here I am, desperately roaming my eyes, searching for her and there I unconsciously let out my brightest smile when I finally saw her.

 

"Rina, I will be doing something silly, please don't tease or scold me about it," I informed beforehand and she just stared back at me, clueless.

 

"Huh-"

 

"JANG WONYOUNG!" I shouted which promptly halted the MC from speaking and earned a lot of stares from the crowd down there. 

 

I am at the third floor of the building, just across it is where the event is taking place so it's not that far from here. I saw Wonyoung looking everywhere but my direction, probably confused and trying to find the source of the voice. Even if she is far away and I can't clearly make out her whole fit and look, I can see how mesmerizing and gorgeous she looks while wearing a red long gown. I also noticed there's something new about her face- or wait is it the hair? I can't see it clearly but I will definitely catch up later. I hope I see her.

 

"YOU LOOK THE PRETTIEST IN RED. GOOD LUCK!" I yelled and the crowd suddenly echoed with their teasing whispers. And from this view, I can somehow make out the blush in Wonyoung's face.

 

"Well looks like our contestant Jang Wonyoung has a cool admirer up there," I never realized I was still smiling so brightly until the event's MC speaks up, making me realize what i just did.

 

Good gracious. I REALLY DID SOMETHING SILLY. 

 

I quickly hid down the window, crouching and thinking over what I just did. The noise from the event down there slowly blurred out as I felt the sound of my heart pounding louder each third beat. Heat started to spread throughout my face and I couldn't help but notice that I am in fact not acting normal, not with this flushed face that I know is painted on me. I feel weird but I hope Wonyoung doesn't find it weird please.

 

"Oh my God I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter