Page 01. That Smile

As The Rainbow Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was 14 and she was 15.

 

Was it my gay awakening or just a normal reaction when encountered with a breathtaking girl? As cliche as it sounds, I remember I was too stunned to even respond to her. She stood there extending her hand for me to shake yet I was just there, as if time had stopped. My heart was beating weirdly, and my eyes were shaking but unblinking.

 

"Um...?"

 

"O-oh right, I'm sorry. Jang Wonyoung," I remember introducing myself. 

 

There she let out her brightest smile, eyes turning into crescent moons, dimples slowly deepening the wider she smiles. A smile so unique that is An Yujin.

 

It was just a puppy crush honestly, an innocent admiration towards an older female. Until it isn't anymore. 

 

...

 

 

Five years seems a long long time but for me, as I grow older, five years somehow only felt like a year. With five years a lot can happen, a lot can change and within those years that had passed already, a lot could have been prevented... As time passes by, people change and so do my feelings.

 

She pisses me off now.

 

There stood An Yujin, drunk and broken.

 

Suits her for breaking my roommate's heart. It's the talk of our campus apparently, now my roommate moved out leaving me with this annoying cheater always bothering my night.

 

For the love of God why am I in this situation again.

 

"It's you again–"

 

"–Oh not you again." I said as I was about to shut my door close but she stopped it with her foot blocking the way. Why is this woman so stubborn?

 

"Is she really not here?" she asked.

 

"Oh God we've been through this a lot of times already. Stop going here anymore because she moved out like days ago. Don't you have anything better to do in life?" I am annoyed, she is annoying, the mere presence of her irks me.

 

"Oh, you should have told me earlier," she said– yeah something about her response made me lose my temper now.

 

"And I am obligated to tell you that? Maybe stop going here drunk because you are pissing me off, you reek alcohol it's disgusting you have been bothering me for a week now I just want to do my night routine and not deal with your drunk begging for my nonexistent roommate now. Maybe stick your nose in the bowl of water and reflect your s in life. I am tired."

 

You could say I popped off, something about her just makes me this mad. You can't blame an introverted woman just wanting to have a peaceful night!

 

She just stared back at me, shocked then seconds later her lips curved into a pout– oh God i should really close the door now why does she look like a poor puppy. 

 

"Y-yeah. I should go, sorry Wonyoungie."

 

She knows my name? Hol– THAT'S MY ING NICKNAME.

 

...

 

 

it Jang Wonyoung, she doesn't piss you off because if she does you wouldn't be missing the presence of that annoying woman every night in front of your dorm.

 

"Are you waiting for someone?" Yuri suddenly asked. She visited me tonight as I have been recently stressing out myself over academics and organization work. 

 

"Huh?"

 

"You've been staring at your door since I got here," she noted– damn it. Yuri is quick witted, sooner or later she'll eventually find out but hey, I am also good at hiding... at least for a short amount of time.

 

"Oh sorry didn't notice maybe I am just too occupied with our org that I am now spacing out," I managed to lie. I am shocked at how I didn't even stutter when I said it, what if I pursue being an actress?

 

"If you say so," Yuri said, probably not convinced.

 

If anything, Yuri reads me so well, she understands whenever I need space or what exactly I want. She's that friend which everyone wishes to have, well I am lucky to snatch her, we just click! She's good at reading people, which is why if I am to introduce a partner to her, they must pass the vibe check through Yuri first. She is my older sister at this point honestly.

 

"Also I talked to the landlady about the available bed space in your dorm," Yuri brought up.

 

"Oh my god are you finally gonna be my roommate?" I squealed in excitement not until...

 

"Sadly no. She said there's already someone who reserved the spot before me." 

 

And there goes my heart shattering into pieces– call me dramatic but ever since Gaeul moved out I have been very anxious about getting a new roommate that's why I immediately told Yuri about it so she could move but she was so busy that she only visited me today after weeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter