Page 02. Rain Washes Away The Grime

As The Rainbow Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the Winter season last semester when I first realized it.

 

She was sitting gracefully inside the classroom, alone. I notice she has always been by herself despite her being popular. 

 

She is a freshman, a year younger than me yet she's always been amazing. I remember how she was a hot topic already the first time she went to the university. She's so pretty it got everyone gagging over how ethereal she looks. It sparked jealousy of course but she never paid attention to those. I heard she's at the top of her batch, not just in her class but her whole batch. It even got to the point she got into a heated debate with one of the professors to which she won at the end. She's the embodiment of beauty and brains. I almost believed she was perfect until I realized she is not.

 

To me, she's just a lonely person... 

 

Jang Wonyoung is.

 

Not because I always see her alone, but because that's how the crowd paints her image to be. Somehow she's not friends with any of her batchmates or classmates and that made me want to approach her more and befriend her but...

 

Everyone always puts her on top, above everyone, without them realizing that they're slowly forming a huge gap between her and the rest of the people. And I think this is why it's always been hard for everyone else to be friends with her. It's not that she's hard to approach but that's how everyone perceives her because that's what everyone thinks so.

 

They're the ones who made Wonyoung become distant from them. They're the ones who made her feel lonely.

 

And I don't want to think like everyone else. I want to know her better. 

 

"Wow Yujin, second year of college and you already got bad rumors going around," bad timing Yena I was having my moment!

 

"What are you doing here?" I frowned.

 

"I was looking for Rei but she isn't even with you," there she pouts. God this woman and her obsession with Rei.

 

"How are things between you and your girlfriend?" I asked, shifting the topic.

 

"Yuri is not my girlfriend!" she exclaimed.

 

"I never said it's Yuri?" I raised a brow at her and she rolled her eyes at me.

 

"You're a meanie this is why Rei is cuter than you!" 

 

Speaking of cute. She is smiling cutely again.

 

"Oh my God disgusting..." I was brought back to reality when I heard Yena say that. I just realized she's looking at me with pure disgust on her face, the same look of disgust I probably have whenever I catch Yena smiling on her phone while obviously talking to Yuri.

 

"What?"

 

"Your eyes look in love Yujin, who are you looking at?" 

 

I immediately threw my papers at her out of panic because she doesn't have to know who I was staring at. Curse Yena and her nosy . I am definitely not in love, the only love I need is mother's love and nothing else. 

 

"Headshot." I awkwardly said.

 

"What was that for Yujin?!" okay now she is mad. "You need not have to vent out your anger at me for the rumors about you and your cousin," Yena added.

 

Ah right, rumors going around about me and my cousin being girlfriends, and me cheating on her. Whoever started that groundless , I hope they stub their toes. 

 

"I don't really care about the rumors. They can talk about it however they want," I said.

 

No one even knows we are cousins because Gaeul always gets what she wants and she thinks I am getting in the way of what she's always wanted.

 

Hence we fought because I have had enough. I hate being treated like how she treats me. I have feelings too...

 

"Yeah because if anyone was to date Gaeul, it would be me!" Yena and her flirty .

 

"This is why Yuri hates you," I said as I stood up from sitting.

 

"Hey, I didn't even do anything wrong to her! And where are you going?" 

 

"I'm gonna go to Rei's dorm," I answered.

 

"I wanna come too!"

...

 

"Sorry but as you can see we don't allow visitors anymore inside the dormitory. And the student you're talking about recently moved out too."

 

That was what the dormitory guard said.

 

Why is everyone and their moms suddenly moving out. I feel so betrayed. This is probably why Rei hasn't been in reach for the past few days, was busy packing her things. She never said anything to us though, I just assumed she is busy with her extra curricular activities.

 

"This is why visiting unannounced is always a bad idea," Yena said."Don't you have classes?"

 

"My professors are in the General Assembly so no," I replied.

 

"Well I am not free. Need to finish internship hours or else I won't be able to graduate. Please tell Rei to tell us where she's moving!

 

Now I am alone and it's Friday.

 

Ah. What I hate the most...

 

Should I just kill time and only go home in the evening?

...

 

And who says anything about killing the time? I am a member of the student council, of course i don't have time to kill, not when I am the vice president.

 

"Thank you so much for your help again Yujin," the President, Yu Jimin, said.

 

"Don't mention it. Aren't you in the same program as Yena?" I asked.

 

"Oh Choi Yena? She's a year ahead but yeah,"

 

"If you need help with notes or something I can ask Yena to help you. That woman is pretty smart, her face just doesn't look like it," I said.

 

She lets out a giggle.

 

"Thank you for that I have been busy these days focusing more on my thesis so I am really sorry that you have to do my unfinished tasks. But if ever I struggle with any of my majors I will definitely take up your offer," she answered.

 

To be honest it's not really against my will so I don't mind that I'm kill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter