Chapter 9: The Howling Dog

The Courier
Please log in to read the full chapter

San turned around frantically. He saw Hongjoong, with a cap and mask, with the gun on his hand, which just shot Mingyu, who was holding a knife.

“Backstabber throught and through, ain’t it?” Hongjoong remarked. Yunho and Mingi, who were behind him with the same accessories to cover their existence, made sure to get to Wooyoung and helped him dress up, as now the commotion and the sound of the gunshot alerted the whole CJ Hotel. They rushed to the fire exit on the left, with other people. Wooyoung, wearing a hoodie and a mask, clung onto San, who was consoling him, as they all run down the stairs. Before going out, back-up clothes were ready for the three.

As they rushed down to the streets, it was a mess. Police cars were arriving, at least three ambulance were ready, but the group had already fled the scene in Yunho’s car, parked all three blocks away.

They were now safe and just around the intersection, when Yunho noticed that there was a car following them. He didn’t want to cause any panic to the others so he kept it to himself. When he made a U-turn, the car also did, but was blocked by a traffic enforcer, as it was already a red light.

“I apologize for the change of plans, but that car was following us,” Yunho said calmly, as he rerouted their way. Hongjoong just nodded, and looked at the two passengers at the back. Mingi was all the way back, now scanning if there were any other cars following. Yet, Hongjoong fixed his eyes on the two in the middle. Wooyoung was basically tortured. All the bruises will take time to heal. San hugged him tightly, still comforting him.

They arrived at the secret bunker, and saw Yeosang standing by the gate, expecting them. Hongjoong rushed inside the house and yelled out Seonghwa’s name. Jongho responded. The rest followed suit, except Yunho, who thought through if his car might get tracked and he informed Mingi to tell the others. He then drove away.

Seonghwa was recovering, but in a slow manner. He was awakened by Hongjoong’s desperate voice and looked around. Jongho was beside him and he saw that Hongjoong was alright.

“Did you end the bastards, yet?”

Hongjoong shook his head, “Not all of them. But I don’t think I’m the one who should end him.”

San was preparing food with Yeosang. His sobs echoed as he tried to finish the food he was preparing. He couldn’t believe his eyes that his two childhood friends were much more loyal to his brother than to him. He just couldn’t imagine why.

“Sannie…”

San rushed towards Wooyoung, “Do you need anything? Is there something painful? What do you need?”

“You,” Wooyoung smiled, “Just you.”

Yeosang awkwardly called San.

“You can place Wooyoung at one of the rooms upstairs. I’ll finish the cooking. Take care of him.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter