Chapter 3: Of Deliveries and Stories

The Courier
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was weird to see a courier business that actually occupies a 600 square meter land.

Wooyoung was impressed, at the same time, terrified as he seems to have a feeling that something wrong was actually happening inside. He gulped, looked for an officer-in-charge-, and found a security guard.

“Um, I’m Jung Wooyoung…um, Mr. Choi San asked me to come here this morning?”

The guard just looked at him and went inside the post. Unfortunately, the guard told him that there was no advice on anyone named Jung Wooyoung coming today. Wooyoung obviously insisted, but then, it’s a security guard. In one swoop, he was now on the ground and was almost punched on the face, when a limousine honked beside them. The window opened, and it was Choi San.

“Oh, Officer Cho, what did you do?”

The security guard was stunned and stood immediately.

“He-well, he said you were expecting him but there was no file or any advice-“

“Well, Office Cho, did you ask him for my business card?”

That’s the thing with Choi San. The only exclusion for someone to be meeting him up is that if they have his business card, since he personally hands it over to the people he wants to meet inside the company. Wooyoung stood, grabbed his things. Good thing he wasn’t wearing anything white, as the dust from the road was unsatisfyingly messy.

“Jung Wooyoung?”

“Yes, sir,” Wooyoung smiled a fake one, as he was patting the dust away.

“Come on, hop inside.”

The ride was actually long, as it was a big space and lot. San explained to him the history of the company, how he was put in jail for some time, and how his brother helped him throughout the whole ordeal. Wooyoung then realized that San did not finish high school and started the company when he was 19. It was a simple business, really. Delivering packages around the city, and has the affiliation of their parents’ company if the products or package are requested from abroad.

“And today, here I am,” San smiled as he opened the door of the limousine, and waited for Wooyoung to come out. It was surreal to see so many packages wrapped neatly and have many trucks ready to be loaded around the area.

“But why a courier business? I mean, forgive me, but didn’t you say this was already the reason why you were put in jail in the first place?”

“Well,” San looked at him, and arranged Wooyoung’s attire, “It is more on the side that I want to prove to the people that I may be back at this kind of workplace, but it is clean. I am clean.”

Wooyoung nodded and was frozen as San was still arranging his shirt. Weirdly enough, he actually tucked in his shirt in his jeans, making Wooyoung flustered.

“Sorry, it’s a habit. I don’t like people who are not dressed properly.”

“Ah,” Wooyoung cleared his throat as he followed San inside the office.

He saw that there were many files and documents surrounded, but they were all neatly organized with labels and such. He also saw that there’s an office for customer service center, where mostly the employees were female. They were taking calls around and greeted San silently, as he doesn’t want interruption in the flow of communication with his customers. In front of this was another office, but this time, it was all male, and san said they are in the technical side of the customer service center.

They both used the elevator and went to the 5th floor. Once opened, Wooyoung saw that there was no hallway. Just windows on both sides, with at least six chairs on a wa

Please log in to read the full chapter