Chapter 6: The Light by the Horizon

The Courier
Please log in to read the full chapter

1 year ago

“There are still countless rumors regarding your business, Choi San.”

San just looked at the man in front of him. He was obviously the new hired driver. Upon closer look, San noticed that this man doesn’t even look like a person at all with all the define features outshining his ragged uniform.

“I grabbed the opportunity for this job so I can help a friend of mine,” Yeosang continued, “But if I am tasked to deliver these kinds of goods and products one more time, I will quit.”

“Then quit.”

Yeosang looked stunned, as his boos didn’t even looked at him when he said those words.

“Choi San,” with a sigh, Yeosang turned and headed to the door, when all of a sudden he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

“If you quit, think about Jongho. He needs the money, not you.”

Yeosang shrugged away San’s hand, “I won’t have the money that I need here if I have to sacrifice my dignity.”

 

-0-

 

As time goes, Seonghwa’s condition improved. It was not until after three days when Wooyoung and San decided to go back to the city.

“Are you sure both of you will be okay?” Yeosang asked as he tended to Seonghwa.

“We have to,” San sighed, “I still have a business to look after. Wooyoung has work, and Mr. Kim is already pestering him on when will he come back.”

“It’s fine. No one knows anyway that I worked at the Great Wanderer,” Wooyoung said as sat down at the passenger seat.

“Please, take care of yourselves.”

As San started the engine, Wooyoung waved to Jongho and Yeosang who were just by the gates, and they went.

It was a long, silent trip, for the two of them had already knew that once they arrive at the city, they are both liabilities of each other. They know that once they arrive, it will be war, and they will need to protect each other.

It was almost lunchtime when they arrived at the city, and they went to an isolated ramyeon shop at the outskirts. They needed to hide as they knew that Hongjoong’s men might be on their tails since the incident with Seonghwa.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay going to work?”

“Yes, I’ll just cover myself with a mask, and if ever, no one will recognize me anyway. Only my usual customers will know who I am.”

 

-0-

 

“Wooyoung! Oh my god, are you okay? Are you hurt? Did Mr. Choi San do something to you?”

Mr. Kim, agitated as always, can’t help but to look worried when he saw Wooyoung entering the backdoor.

“Come on, let’s get you nicely done.”

Wooyoung’s decision of concealing himself was not as effective as he thought it might be as the customers kept calling his name. Even so, he tried to minimize his interactions, as he knows the danger of being affiliated to either Seonghwa or San will get him into trouble.

San…

The more he thought about, the more he wanted to forget.

“Youngie, why are y

Please log in to read the full chapter