Chapter 7: Shattered Illusions

The Courier
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wooyoung, still feeling the blows that he received early on, managed to look around. It was familiar. He saw some packages and other necessary things needed for deliveries. He groaned in pain, as he has not yet eaten anything since the night before. He saw that his limbs were tied with ropes and chains, and the smell of cigar whirled around the wind.

He slightly coughed but then received a smack on his head. He saw on his right and on his left the two men who were wearing black suits yesterday night at the bar.

“Be quiet. You are not allowed to make any noise,” said the one on his left.

“As much as I like your drink, I apologize but you are not at The Great Wanderer anymore,” chuckled the one on his right.

He looked forward.

His eyes widened.

In front of him was White Suit.

“I see you can take any beating that I had given you this morning. Well, no matter, we will settle this once my little brother comes along.”

Wooyoung then tried to speak, but he remembered what he was told. He needs to keep quiet or he might receive another beating.

“Impressive,” Vernon nodded, “Just one time that our Mingyu told him that he needs to keep quiet, and he obeys. Not bad.”

The one on the left, Mingyu as he was called, smirked but remain his composure.

At the sound of the gates opening, Vernon looked at the other men around and signaled them with his hand. Wooyoung doesn’t understand and he panicked a bit, but the men went on the other way.

“You see, you’re not just the guest for today, silver hair.”

Wooyoung then scanned across the room and saw two monitors. Upon fixing his eyes on them, he saw on one monitor, Seonghwa, Yeosang, and Jongho. On the other, he saw Hongjoong and his men.

“Let’s see who will win this fight, shall we, Jung Wooyoung?”

 

-0-

 

It went on and on.

Vernon’s men were obviously dominating the whole wreck. Wooyoung could not contain his tears as he saw Seonghwa being bloodied up, as he was still in recovery. Yeosang and Jongho still fighting for their lives. At the same time on the other monitor, Hongjoong and his men were already down.

“Boss, you have a call.”

“I’ll deal with it later, Seungcheol.”

“It’s your brother, boss.”

Vernon looked at him and grabbed the phone. “Sannie, what is it?”

“WHERE’S WOOYOUNG?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“SILVER HAIR, WHERE IS HE?”

“Ah,” Vernon stood and approached Wooyoung who was still panicking at what he was seeing in the monitors. The sounds were also not helping, as if this was all being livestreamed to Vernon’s satisfaction.

Wooyoung finally looked at Vernon, still in shock and the grips of the chains around his wrists and ankles were adding to the pain in his heart.

“Would you like to talk to him, Sannie?”

Vernon hand over the phone to Mingyu. He proceeded to make Wooyoung his living punching bag. Wooyoung, much to his dismay, kept on muffling his groaning pains as he knows that if he does make a sound, Mingyu would take over and it won’t be helpful.

“HYUNG! STOP!”

The punches and kicks kept on coming, but Wooyoung won’t budge. At this point, blood dripped from his nose and mouth. He coughed out too much blood.

He coughed. Wooyoung raised his head in a panic and immediately saw that Vernon has the phone and Mingyu was now in front of him.

“You made a sound.”

Vernon went towards the monitor showing Yeosang and Jongho still standing.

“Well,” Vernon watched, “I don’t know San. Where would your beloved courier be?”

San hang up.

Vernon still watching, lit a cigarette and puffed a smoke.

Just then, the camera at the other monitor out.

 

-0-

 

Hongjoong knew there was a camera from the start, as the flickering red light was distracting him from giving blows to the men in front of him. It’s a good thing to have a gun handy.

He managed to stand, and went inside the door that was ajar by the other corner of the room.

“ this .”

Please log in to read the full chapter