Chapter 2: The Perfect San

The Courier
Please log in to read the full chapter

Perfect.

Whether he likes it or not, he is indeed perfect.

Choi San has always been the favorite of Mr. and Mrs. Choi of the C.S. Worldwide Logistics. They had never been proud of anyone else. He has high scores in Mathematics, Science, and English. He had always won competitions for taekwondo, and reached black belt at 11 years old. He was invited to attend a prestigious school in the USA and in the UK. For everyone else, he’s just a shining star.

He was indeed the perfect son.

The only problem with perfection is the things you must do to maintain it.

That’s how Choi San’s weakness was revealed when he was 16 years old.

Being a rich kid means he has the means that he needs to actually do something out of the ordinary.

He was called “Doctor Choi San”. It was more of an endearment when you were just 13 or 14 years old by his parents before they moved to the UK. It was overheard by some of his classmates and people were practically scared of bullying him about it. The only thing that people did to the nickname though is to destroy it.

“Alright, the packages will come from South America. It contains all the needed packets for the couriers.”

Much like any other drug dealing problem, how to move the product was always the hardest part. However, if you own a shipping company that exports and imports products on a daily basis, what’s there to stop?

 

-0-

 

At 16 years old, he made the move to create a subsidiary C.S. Worldwide Logistics into a simple delivery outlet. After accepting the shipments, they are not going to rent other local delivery shipping companies, but will have their own to manage their own affairs.

By affairs, it’s the dealing problem.

Now that he made sure that it was solved, he began to make his friends’ dreams come true.

Package after package, boxes after boxes, customs were just baffled at how much C.S. is accepting orders. They just assume that C.S. was indeed a trustworthy one because the packages never stop coming.

It had been ongoing for a year, and, at 17 years old, Choi San was a billionaire.

“How’s the company, dear?”

“Fine, it’s doing great,” San answered politely, as he signed more documents to ship off the needed packages before midnight in the clubs at Itaewon.

“Promise me you’ll take the company into new heights! Your father and I are so proud of you! Make sure to get to school by next week.”

“Yes, Mama, I will,” San sighed, “I’ll go to school on Monday.”

In terms of school, it was said that San’s attendance and records were crashing. The school had already contacted his parents in the UK but they were either too busy or they don’t care. All they cared about was the business and how their San had made it before graduating high school.

“He’s a good kid. His exams are nearly perfect, but his attendance records are-“

“No, we already told you,” Mr. Choi calmly but strictly answered, “San is doing his best to keep the family’s company afloat. You already said so yourself. His grades are nearly perfect! The attendance can be arranged if needed. I mean, we already filed you a leave of absence for our son, which was two months.”

“That’s the problem, Mr. Choi,” the headmaster of the school firmly replied, “Two months is too much for a student to be gone!”

At that point, Mr. Choi heard that slightly raised voice of the headmaster and shouted, “That is not my problem and don’t you ever dare to talk against my son!

 

-0-

 

A month before his 18th birthday, San was as usual waiting at the shipping docks to oversee the whole process. He had a feeling that he was being watched but could not figure out where and who.

The whole scenario of watching his men pull the packages out of the trailers was always exhilarating.

Until one of the boxes fell.

And another.

And another one.

“Freeze!”

San looked at his left and saw his men running or being caught by the SWAT Team. On his right, he saw one of his men pointing a gun to him, and his packages falling revealing that underneath all the children’s toys, or porcelain plates, or anything else over, there were packages of zipped bags here and there.

“I’m sorry, Choi San, but you are under arrest, everything you say…” and the Miranda rights goes on and on, while he was being handcuffed by Lee Minho, his right-hand man in the shipments whom he hired three months ago.

At the police precinct, he was held in a cell where he was alone since he was technically still a minor. He was only 17. If the whole thing happened after his birthday, he was definitely not gonna give any other chance to go out without any help from his parents.

“How can we contact them?”

“You can’t contact them, unless they want to. That’s just how they are, and that’s how they raised me.”

The police were understanding, in a sense, that this is just one, rebellious teenager who wants to give up on life and everything he had thought of. Still, the matter cannot be just be done immediately as he is still a minor. They needed at least someone to contact for San’s whereabouts and all his wrong decisions in life.

Please log in to read the full chapter