Chapter 8

The Search for Mr. Perfect

Ah Ra's POV

Ah Ra was stunned. He just stared at Kai--feeling flustered. He had never met a man who's blunt as him. She doesn't even know how she was supposed to react.

 

I want to ask you out.

 

He just ask her out! And she had to admit, he just look so damn cool in her eyes. She was never fond of blunt and straight forward men but with Kai, she just felt so different.

 

But why?

 

"Did you j-just ask me out?"

 

Damn, why did she have to stutter?

 

"I think I just did." He said looking straight to her.

 

I think I just had a mental break down.

 

"If you're kidding then you better cut it off or I won't let you have my autograph!" She tried to fix her composure because for some reason she suddenly felt nervous. Panicking. Why can't she act like before? Act cool.

"Do I look like someone who's kidding? And is this something that I should joke about?!"

"But why? How? We just met!" She exclaimed.

"It's not like I'm confessing my love for you. I didn't even say I love you. I was merely asking you out. Like you know, friends...getting to know each other." He answered innocently.

 

And with that, she suddenly felt as if someone splashed her with cold water. How dare she overreact? He was right.

 

"Oh right, we just met that's why we have to get to know each other." She stated. But wait..what did she just say?! Why do they have to know each other? She's not interested with him right? Alright, she had written a book inspired by him but that should just be it. Nothing more. Nothing less. He was just an inspiration for a moment. Just what she needed. It couldn't be more than that.

 

"Hey, you're spacing out. Don't think too much. If you don't want then fine, I won't force you. I'm sorry if I made you flustered."

 

"A-ani, gwaenchana. I should be the one to feel sorry. I overreacted. Please bear with me. I am a writer. I tend to have bigger imagination." She suddenly want to take back what she just said.

 

He smiled. Showing off his perfect set of white teeth.

 

Oh boy, she's really in trouble.

 

"No worries. I understand. But still I hope you we can go out some other time.

My birthday is getting near and I hope I can spend it with you."

 

"Yah, yah. Can you stop saying things that I might misunderstand? Me? on your birthday? We're not friends. We're barely an old acquaintance but why me?"

 

"I honestly don't know. I am asking myself too. Maybe this is the reason why I want to get to know you. So that I could have answers. Believe me, I wanted to know the answers to your questions."


 

Belated Merry Christmas & Advance Happy New Year. :)

It's been a year!! Short update for everyone. I've been busy with work. Geeeez.

 

 

-sorry for any mistakes-

 

XOXO