Chapter 3

The Search for Mr. Perfect

Ah Ra is quite shock to how fast things are happening right now. It only started when Kai entered the café then the next thing she knew he is now sitting prettily beside her and saying mushy stuffs. She admires his guts. Straight-forward. But what the hell! He seems to ooze with too much self confidence. A beautiful pair of eyes? She was never aware of that. He was actually the first person to praise her for having beautiful eyes.

“I am really glad that you appreciate the beauty of my eyes but don’t you think you’re being impolite? I mean, we don’t even personally know each other then you’ll suddenly join us here like we’re close and all?” She said.

“You might not know me but I know you, Park Ah Ra.” Kai said which made her eyes widened in shock.

“Y-you know me? But how?”

He smiled. “We’ve met before. School mates as a matter of fact. But it really hurts my ego that you don’t even know me while almost every girl in our school knows me back then.”

Her forehead knotted. And now that he had mentioned it, he seems to be familiar.

[Flashback]

It was another normal day. Alone. Ysabella is her only close friend who happens to have class while she, on the other hand is on her break. It was a 3-hour break and she usually spent it in the library, doing assignments or to read books.

She was walking near the soccer field while looking for her phone inside her bag when she heard someone screamed. She looked to where the voice was coming and the next thing she knew, a ball has already hit her head. The ball made a great impact to her which cause her to run out of balance and end up sitting on the ground. She gently caressed the part of her head where the ball has hit her then the players run hurriedly to her and check if she was okay.

 

“Are you okay?” One of the players asked.

“Do I look like I am okay? I was hit with that damn ball and you’re asking me If I’m okay?” She growled. She looks like she was going to eat them alive.

“I’m sorry. I was the one who kicked the ball. I didn’t know that it will go out of the way.” Another player said.

He has a fair skin and she couldn’t help but wonder why. His co-members have a dark tanned skin maybe because of too much exposure from the sun but this guy seems to be out of place. He will surely pass to be a model. His eyes were not chinky but not totally round. He also has an aristocratic noise and his lips were naturally red.

She gathered her things and carefully stood up, still aware of the eyes that have been looking at her. “I guess I’m fine now.”

“No. I’ll bring you to the clinic. That must have really hurt. I’m sorry.” Said the man who’s responsible to why she was hit.

“Don’t bother. I’m fine, really.”

But he didn’t listen, instead he carried her.

“Hey! What are you doing?! Put me down!!”

“Carrying you? We will go to the clinic whether you like it or not. I’m responsible for you and I want to be sure that you’re really okay.”

She just stopped from bawling and just lean on his chest. She can’t explain why, but all she know is that  it really feels good to be in his arms.

-----

“Aside from the bruise that can be visibly seen in your forehead, there’s no other harm done. I advise you to continue to put cold compress in it so it will heal faster.” The nurse said after checking on her.

“Okay. Thank You.”

“Thank You Nurse Lee.” The man said.

“You’re welcome .It’s my job. Now, I’ll leave you two alone.”

 

“I haven’t properly introduced myself to you. I’m Kim Jong In.” He said.

“I-Im Ah Ra. Park Ah Ra.”

[End of flashback]

 

“Jong –In?”

“Bingo!~” He said and snapped his fingers. “Glad you remember me.”

“But I thought you a-are K-Kai.” Damn! Why does she have to stutter in front of him?

“I am Kai. That’s my nick name by the way.”

“You’re Jong In as in the soccer team’s captain?!” Ysabella blurted out, coming back into life. She was shocked.

“That’s me~” Kai nonchalantly said.

“The same man who hit me with a soccer ball.” She said as a matter of fact.

“I didn’t deliberately hit you. It was an accident okay?”

“Okay. It’s all in the past anyway.”


 

UPDATED.

-sorry for any mistakes-