Chapter 1

The Search for Mr. Perfect

Ah Ra stared blankly at her laptop. It’s been a week already since she started to write a new story and to her dismay, she hasn’t even finished a chapter. Ah, damn this writer’s block. She really needs an inspiration. Better yet, to hear other people’s love story. As a writer, she likes to hear stories from other people. From there, she can start being inspired and her mind will be flooded with ideas. In other cases, she will go to her favorite café and just observe people to get some ideas. Just like now, she’s in Café Ysabella. A café owned by her bestfriend, Ysabella.

 

“Well, well, look who we have here.” Ysabella said and sat in front of her.

Ysabella had been her friend since college. They took up different courses but still remained friends. She is half Korean and half American. She was raised in America in her childhood years then went to Korea during her high school. And they finally met during their college years in Seoul University. Ah Ra and Ysabella are opposites but those differences don’t hinder them to be friends. Ysabella was the happy go lucky type, carefree and just simply do what she wants. While Ah Ra on the other hand was the serious type and very careful on what she does. Someone who thinks before who works. A certified perfectionist.

“Hi, Ysa~” I greeted her.

“Any progress?”

“I wish, there is but there isn’t.” I sighed. “Writing has never been this hard for me until I got this writer’s block. Can you imagine, I can’t even finish a chapter? I will start typing then I’ll just end up deleting all that I’ve wrote. It seriously frustrates me.”

“Then maybe you should take a break. You shouldn’t force yourself you know.”

I let out a frustrated sigh. “You know that this is my job and my editor has been asking me to submit a story.”

“We both know that even if you don’t work, you can still live a life of a princess.”

Ah Ra is an only daughter and heiress of a multi-million company—Park Technological Incorporation. It is a company who supplies different gadgets in Korea and across the world. Ysabella was right, she can live the way she wants but she chose to be independent. Let’s just say that she’s a type of person who knows exactly what she wants.

 

She chose to be a writer.

 

She wasn’t cast-off by her family. She knows that the time will come that she will take over her family’s company but as for now; she wants to enjoy her life. She’s just twenty-two after all. There’s still a long way to come.

“Vacation is not an option Ysa. I want to write. And about family matters, there’s a right time for that.”

“If you say so.. Hmmm..I have an idea.” Ysabella’s face lighten up .

My eyebrows furrowed.” What is it?”

“Well, I think, other people stories were not enough for you to create new stories. You need to experience it yourself.”

“You mean..?”

“You need to experience to fall in  love as well as to be loved.”

And as if on cue, the café door opened, revealing a man wearing a graffiti shirt, a black pair of jeans and sneakers. Simple but he looks gorgeous. Very very gorgeous. It seems like the world slows down as the man walks on to the counter probably to order. Every girl in the café seems amazed and just can’t help but to stare at the man, his back specifically. The man doesn’t seem to mind that everyone is looking at him. After he got his order, he went to the back corner of the café and lazily sat there while drinking.

 

“He’s Kai. He’s a new resident of the village.” Ysabella said.

I shifted my gaze back to Ysabella. “Since when? I only saw him today.”

“A week, I think. He usually comes over here. And that spot is his favorite. That’s where he sits when he’s here. And every time he’s here, my café starts to be packed with customers.”

“Really? I mean he’s handsome and all but don’t you think that he’s getting to much attention?”

Ysabella just shrugged. “He doesn’t seem to mind anyway.”

I went back to looking at the guy named Kai. Okay, he’s handsome. No. Handsome is an understatement. Let’s just stick to the word gorgeous to describe him. He has a jet black hair that was arranged messily which added more appeal to him. He got black, round and very expressive eyes. The qualities that she can only imagine in her stories.

Before she knew, Kai stood up and walk towards…their direction?

He sat beside her and looks at her intently. He was indeed a very beautiful creature.