8.

My highschool love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

'Can't go there right now. I have plans today. I will text you when I get home safe. I love you!'

 

I stared for a moment and smiled after reading his text message. We supposed to meet today but too bad, he has something else to do which is fine with me. I'm glad he's getting better and slowly coming back into himself. He already came back from school and managed to finish the things he missed when he took a school break.

 

Me and Heechul? We're so happy, I mean much happier! Sometimes we argue, fight and annoying each other but at the end of the day, we still come back to each other's arms. He even asked me to move in at his house since he had no one there but I refused. I couldn't give up our house because true to his words, my father kept his words and sometimes visits me when he's free.

 

I don't want to put my father in uncomfortable situations if I decided to move in and live with Heechul under the same roof. It's not that I'm hiding him and our special relationship; it's just kind of complicated.

 

While walking around, I spotted an empty bench so I chose to spend my time outside and probably watching every kids. I sometimes need to be alone and unwind since Heechul is busy, I should make myself busy too. It's been so long since I have been somewhere, I most likely stay at home, school and at Heechul's place so it's really refreshing.

 

“Ball, ball!!!” A kid shouted when the ball landed in front of me. I looked down and gently stepped above on it then smiled.

 

“Here!” I kicked it and all of them were cheering me.

 

“Thank you~” A little girl cutely said and waving her hands on me. I waved my hands too as they started to play again.

 

The weather is nice and perfect. It would've been nice if Heechul was here but yes, as I've said; we can't always be together. Life is so tough and we still make it after all the painful things we've encountered and experienced, we survived and stood up again.

 

The end is near and everything is falling into the right place. Me and my father already made up while Heechul is also doing good and much better than before. He's trying his best and I'm so proud of him, as always.

 

“Are you already home?” I asked on the other line.

 

“Yes like an half hour ago. Why?”

 

“I'm on my way home but I want to stop by at your house and see you.”

 

“You've missed me? Aww that's so cute.”

 

“I do and I want to know how your day went.”

 

“We can talk about it through call tho.”

 

“Why? I want to see you in person and hug you.”

 

“Omg I could already imagine your cute pouty lips. Fine~ come here and I'll give you a hug.”

 

“And kiss~~~”

 

“And kiss.”

 

 

“This is our last requirement and I hope we can pass all our subjects. Aaaaah we deserve a good break!!” Heechul said as he stretched out his arms and head.

 

We are at my place because we have a project, last project and also requirement before our graduation. Time passes by and the end of the school year is coming so I have a mixed feelings. I and Heechul haven't talked about it yet and our future plans for college. I've never even tried to bring it up nor say anything because I'm still unsure and confused.

 

“We truly deserve one! My back hurts.” I complained and laid down on the floor while Heechul was standing up. I looked up at him and he looked down at me; we both laughed and his eyes slowly disappear from laughing too much. I reached out his hands and pulled him down. He laid down beside me and we both stared at the ceiling while not making any noise and just wanted to feel the moment.

 

Feels like we are lost in our own world and the silence is so comfortable; it's just him and me... This is already enough and his existence helps me a lot to enjoy my days, weeks, months and time as I should be. I've never felt this before and I thought I wouldn't be able to do it but Heechul proved me wrong. I enjoyed each day and time because of him.

 

“Are you happy?” Out of nowhere, He suddenly asked me that question.

 

“Of course I am. I mean happier than before. Thanks to you.” I admitted and turned my head on him, watching him as he kept staring up.

 

“I told you, I would make your highschool year memorable.” He chuckled.

 

I made something for him while he was busy with his project. I've had it in my hand but I'm kind of embarrassed to show it to him because he might think I'm weird or cringe.

 

“Heechul...”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can you please look at me?”

 

“I'm already looking at you.”

 

“Give me your hand.”

 

“Here.”

 

When Heechul gave his hand, I slowly put the paper ring I've made earlier in his left ring finger. I once again looked at him and saw him smiling from ear to ear as he raised up his hand, observing the paper ring he was wearing. 

 

“Are you proposing to me?” He teasingly said and kept looking into it, looks so amazed at how it fits perfectly with his finger.

 

“Kind of but the ring—”

 

“I understand that. We're still young, unemployed and don't have a penny but it doesn't matter!!” He said, kicking his feet off air because of the excitement and happiness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter