4.

My highschool love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

I got home and when I got there, my father greeted me and asked me to stay downstairs because he wanted to talk to me. He looks serious and I have a bad feeling about it. 

 

“Jungsoo...” He started, I looked at him, feeling confused.

 

After my conversation with Heechul; I feel so lost and I couldn't even process everything. I don't know if he's trying to hit me up or I'm his next target but he's too brave to tell me that face to face. I went home to think but with my dad's behavior now, I feel that something unexpected will happen again.

 

“After 4 to 5 months, we have to move back to our city. You know my job so we have to go back—” I abruptly stood up with a disappointment on my face.

 

“Dad, let me rest! I'm too tired adjusting myself all over again. I want to graduate here and I will never leave this city until I finish my highschool year.” I couldn't control my feelings anymore and I answered him, knowing that in his point of view it was rude.

 

“But we have to.” 

 

“No way! If you want to leave, then leave. I will not leave here and expect me to be with you as you've wanted. Dad, I'm so tired and this is my last straw. We're always moving from different cities and it's hard for me to find friends. Aren't you being harsh? You should've left me with Mom!” I yelled, trying to hold back my tears.

 

My parents got separated when I was 10 years old and my father decided to have me instead of giving me to my mother. The set up before between us was fine because I've had a chance to spend time with my mother and I love being with her—that's all before because when my father started to work, we kept moving from different cities and that caused me to be far away from my mother and never saw her again. That same routine continued and I could only talk to Mom through phone.

 

I love my father but sometimes I wish he didn't take me from my mother's side just to suffer like this. I'm so tired of living like this and I'd stand on my ground and not going to leave this city until I graduate.

 

“Do you hear yourself?” He asked me. 

 

“Same question. Do you hear yourself, dad?” I firmly asked him. I know this would hurt him but he needs to know how I truly feel. I've been keeping everything and I'm tired of living a life that full of lies.

 

I didn't argue with him anymore and went upstairs. I heard him call my name again but I ignored him. Once I got inside my room, I locked myself.

 

“.” I cursed under my breath as I threw my bag somewhere and sat at my study table.

 

This is not the life I've wanted; All I want is to have a normal life just like others. I envy them when they can do things that I couldn't do before. Now that I can do it, I don't want to waste it and throw everything out just because of my father's wishes.

 

*beep*

 

My phone beeped so I took my phone inside my pocket and checked the message I received. The message was from Heechul. He chatted me; I read the message and it kind of made me smile.

 

Kim Heechul: Yah! Are you home safe? Maybe you were surprised by what I said lol. Anyway see you tomorrow!

 

Park Jungsoo: Safely arrived. Stop messing around with me. Your charm wouldn't work.

 

[typing.....]

 

Kim Heechul: Really? But when we've seen each at the restaurant, I saw how your face turned red tho. I know my charm is working on you.

 

Park Jungsoo: It was cold outside so it's normal for my cheeks to turn red.

 

Kim Heechul: You always have answers or excuses but I said what I said. Just wait until you fall for me.

 

Park Jungsoo: In your dreams.

 

Kim Heechul: Yes, see you in my dreams.

 

-seen-

 

I just shook my head and tossed my phone on my bed. He's so flirty but I'm glad that he's slowly trying to change himself; after breaking up with Siwon, he never had a relationship with anyone again and most of his time was spent with Lily and me.

 

 

The next morning, I left home early for good and wanted to avoid my father. We need to cool down our head and probably be alone for a while. I don't want to have an argument with him over that thing because I would say the same thing all over again.

 

While I was walking, yes walking because it's only walking distance from home to school and maybe I'd probably walk with Heechul if ever I saw him. His house is kind of near and I always pass it by but then again, I saw someone familiar from afar. It's his grandmother! Seems like she's only her on way back home from the market. I made a half run and approached her, as soon as she saw me—her face lit up and clearly still remembered me.

 

“Oh Jungsoo, right?” She asked me.

 

“Yes. I'm your grandson's friend and I went to your place last night.”

 

“It's too early. Do you want to come with me? Heechul is still at home.” She said and her smile never fade away. It's too genuine.

 

“First, let me help you with your stuff.” I grabbed her stuff from her and she let me have it.

 

“How's Heechul at school?” I swallowed, I feel like there's a lump inside my throat.

 

“He's nice and fun to be with. Do you know that I've never had a friends before because of my situation. Every year, I keep transferring from different schools and that caused me to feel distant from others but because of your grandson's stubbornness, he made it happen and look at us now, we became friends.” I proudly said.

 

“That's good to hear. Heech

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter