6.

My highschool love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

“You two fought? Over a disney movie?” His grandmother said as I went where she was.

 

“Y-yes.” I responded shyly.

 

“Heechul is sometimes weird but sincere. He gets mad over silly things, I can't understand him sometimes but one thing for sure, his heart is genuine. When you met him, weren't you feeling intimidated?” She began, her eyes were focused on what she's doing.

 

“Kind of. I thought he was a weird guy not until I've got chance to know him.” I admitted.

 

“That's what I felt when I saw him. When his parents died, I decided to have and raised him. At first, he was hard to deal with and so intimidating *chuckles* I have to do such things for him to make him comfortable around me. Gladly, It worked. He's now a grandma's boy. I love how he manages to make friends and enjoying his life at the same time.” A smile curved on her lips and reminiscing the past. 

 

I remained quiet and just listened to her. It feels like it helps me to know Heechul better and somehow find myself interested in his story. 

 

“You, don't hurt him okay? He looks so happy with you and I'm glad he's surrounded by people like you and of course Lily.” She said, looking up at me and giving me a gentle smile.

 

“Me?”

 

“Yes. I also witnessed how you look at him and laugh at his jokes even though it wasn't really funny. I saw how your eyes were shining while next to him.”

 

What?

 

“Do you perhaps like my grandson?” She said and it caught me up.

 

I don't know what to say or respond to her question—I can't even describe my feelings so It's really hard to tell or admit it. My eyes are shaking as well as my hands when I looked down, I clasped it and regained my composure.

 

“I....”

 

“Are you confused? If yes, that's normal. You don't have to push yourself into something you don't understand. You need to figure it out first.” She gave me an advice. I smiled, awkwardly.

 

'Do I like him?'

 

The same question that has been running through my mind ever since we became friends. 

 

 

“Thanks for spending your time with us. My grandma loves it.” Heechul said as he walked me home.

 

“I'm glad I was able to make her day better.”

 

“Hmm...” He hummed, looking around and observing his surroundings.

 

I turned to him and smiled when I saw his face up close. It seems like I'm guilty of taking secret glances at him. Before he caught me, I looked away and took a breath.

 

“Are you still mad?”

 

“No. Why would I be mad?” Heechul denied.

 

“I thought you were because of the argument we've had earlier.” I said.

 

“Silly. I'm not and let's forget about it.” Heechul replied, dismissing the topic I brought up. I only nodded.

 

While we are walking, someone grabbed Heechul that made him squeal in response. I was alerted so I immediately pulled Heechul by his other hand but the man didn't want to let him go. When I looked at who it was, I knew it; it was Siwon and it seems like we were being followed by him.

 

“You're hurting me!” Heechul yelled at him and struggled in his grip on him.

 

“Why didn't you show up yesterday? I waited for you! After you've done with me, you immediately found your another target.” Siwon said and I saw the furious in his eyes as his eyes traveled to me.

 

“Don't ing ever lay your hand or even finger on him.” I said and warned him. I tried to pull Heechul towards me and I managed to get him out of his grip. Heechul landed on my chest and I gently placed him behind me.

 

“You broke up so get over it. Don't ever touch my boyfriend or else I will teach you a lesson. Stay away from us, stay away from Heechul.” I said with an authoritative voice.

 

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“You won't believe this.” I excitedly said on the other line. As soon as I dropped Jungsoo off at their house, I went home and immediately called Lily.

 

“What's the matter?” 

 

“Jungsoo introduced himself as my boyfriend!!!”

 

“He what?” 

 

“He really did in front of Siwon. That jerk! He was following me and Jungsoo then when he got his chance, he showed up and pulled me. Thank God Jungsoo was there to defend me.”

 

“Maybe he just said that to help you out with your ex?”

 

“I don't know but it feels so real.”

 

“Don't let your hopes up. You have to guard your heart and protect yourself. This one is different; it seems like you really like him and head over heels towards him. Remember you were the one who kept breaking everyone's heart, what if the table already has turned?”

 

“And he's my karma?”

 

“.....”

 

“He's too good to be true for that word. I know he likes me the way I do. Lily, don't worry about me because I can handle this and let's trust the process.”

 

I tossed my phone and stared blankly at the ceiling. I feel like I'm in a cloud nine and my heart is so happy. Although his words have affected me about our argument earlier, as I've said I would trust the process and Jungsoo.

 

I placed my hand above my chest and felt my heart beat. It's like a beautiful melody that plays over and over again and I can't stop listening to it. As my mind was somewhere, I didn't notice I fell asleep.

 

 

“Jungsoo!” I raised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter