This place needs some rules! Let's start with no in the kitchens, no?

The princes court

I smiled as Ryeowook cuddled in my arms. It had been two weeks since his capture and murder of his adopted father.

“Yesung, I want to leave, what if the king or his nephew come after me. I don’t want to be with either men. I don’t want to be again.” The young boy paled as he clung to me. I gently shushed him before reaching over to grab an apple slice and place it to his lips.

“You have to eat,” I gently order smiling when he opened his mouth. After he finished chewing and swallowed, he looked up at me.

“How’s Hyukkie hyung doing?” he asked me already fond of my personal court. They had been given strict instructions not to mention my real name.

“Much better, Donghae will not let him out of his sights.” I reply smiling even wider as Ryeowook’s lips part in their own smile.

“That’s great, but Yesungie, why did you save me?” the boy asked. “ I deserved what I got, I failed my father both times.” He whispered. I held him tighter careful of his wounds.

“You didn’t fail anyone Wookie, I promise.” I whisper into his ear before kissing his hair line. The smaller male laughed before looking up at me with his doe like eyes. I flinched as I took in the bruises still highlighting his once smooth skin.

“Yesung hyung?” Wookie asked me with a quiet nervous voice. I brought my fingers up to gently touch the harmed skin retracting it back once my little turtle flinched at the contact.

“Sorry,” I reply.

“No it’s okay, I just panicked.” He announced before sitting back and removing the long shirt I had given him leaving him in nothing but boxers. I averted my eyes and took a deep breath. The marks and bruises had only gotten worse over the days.

“Wookie, lay down please.” I order gently waiting as he lowered himself on the bed gently, so as not to harm his healing wounds.

“Sungie?” the boy asked with wide eyes as I carefully climbed over him. instead of an answer I began placing light kisses  on every wound and bruise I knew of. A soft moan escaped his mouth as I kissed his stomach near the hem line of the boxers.

“Wookie?” I question looking up at his face with confusion. Had I hurt him?

“Please, kiss me there again.” He said weakly hiding his face with his hands. Why was he embarrassed so suddenly? I mentally shrug before repeating the action and getting another moan from the boy. How could he be like that, was he in pain and just being masochistic, or what?

“Wookie, are you okay?” I ask completely confused by his actions. Ryeowook nodded crossing his legs and turning away from me.

“Omo, then why turn away silly turtle, I don’t mean to hurt you if I did.” I explain wanting my friend to tell me what was wrong.

“It’s wrong,” came his silent reply and I immediately saw his body shaking and the tears in his voice.

“What’s wrong?” I ask still confused.

“You kissing me, I shouldn’t feel like this it’s against the rules!” he wailed and I rolled my eyes. this again?

“No it’s not, you seem to be forgetting another set of rules.” I smile turning the boy to face me.

“What set?” he asked perplexed, confusion clear in his eyes.

“The love rules, you need to follow your heart, sometimes it’s better than rules.” I explain.

“But,” he began until I cut him off with a kiss to the lips. He stilled beneath me before allowing himself to relax.

“Better,” I ask brushing back his willowy red hair.

“Yeah, Thank you.” He smiled.

“You asked me before if I loved you,” I began. Ryeowook nodded looking into my eyes seriously.

“Remember what I told you?” I continued.

“You asked how I could love you when I barely knew you.” The boy answered.

“Wookie, do you know my name?” Yesung asked looking into his friends eyes.

“It’s Yesung,” he replied as i shook my head.

“Still only half right,” I whisper. Ryeowook noticed my sadden expression because he gently took my face in his hands.

“I’ll learn it okay,  I live in the castle now so it shouldn’t be too hard.” Ryeowook said although it held hatred at the mention of staying in the castle. Yesung nodded before getting up from the bed.

“Tomorrow you can start your chores, according to Siwon your good enough to work now.” I explained.

“Ok, so what do you do here Yesung?” Ryeowook asked brightly. I paused thinking over my answer wisely.

“I’m a lot like Hyukjae, I’m a joker, but mostly I confuse the prince, a lot like you do.” I reply.

“I confuse the prince, but I’ve never met the prince!” Ryeowook yelped not liking the idea of having met the prince while he was unconscious or something.

“Don’t worry, your safe I will never let anyone else hurt you.” I coo as he hides his face in my chest.

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

Ryeowook sighed, he had been sent to work and it had been a week since then. Donghae was trying to explain how the personal guard worked while Kangin was yelling orders and people.

“Ok, thank you can handle this?” the fish like boy asked with a smile. Ryeowook shook as he fidgeted with the hem of his shirt.

“Sure you can,” Kangin beamed as he patted the boys back sending him toppling into Donghae in pain. The man had hit his still healing back.

“Maybe I should just join Hyukjae and Shindong with the court jester position they offered me.” Ryeowook whined as he plopped on the ground.

“Can you cook?” Yesung’s voice asked suddenly causing the area to go quiet. Both Kangin and Donghae bowed along with the others.

“Yesung,” Ryeowook beamed bot at all bothered by the royal treatment his friend was getting.

“Well can you?” he asked with a teasing smile, both knew the answer.

“Of course I’ve cooked for you loads of times.” Ryeowook beamed.

“then it’s decided, you can help Sungmin in the kitchens.” Yesung ordered pulling his friend towards the castle. This was also a good way to make sure the boy remained safe. Sungmin would make sure that no harm came to him. Ryeowook skipped excitedly by the older boys side as they entered the castle and walked towards the kitchens. Suddenly a big man in armor that Ryeowook had never seen marched forward and bowed.

“Your majesty, the king wishes to see you.” The man said glaring daggers at the young red head as he stood up.

“Tell him I’ll be there shortly,” Yesung replied tightening his hold on Ryeowook’s hand. Said boy was looking curiously at his friend and the man in armor.

“Why did he call you majesty?” Ryeowook asked as his eyes turned slanted with suspicion.

“Why do you think?” Yesung asked him wanting the boy to figure it out on his own. Ryeowook nodded as he kept walking  towards the kitchens. Even though he acted dense sometimes, he wasn’t that stupid. Yesung was the same way. Both may look weak but they were strong.

“Sungmin, I brought you an apprentice.” Yesung announced opening the door to a loud shriek and a thud of something hitting the floor. Ryeowook shielded his eyes as he took in the figures infront of him.

“How many times do I have to tell you no in the kitchen Minnie, Kyu.” Yesung replied as if this was an everyday thing, and maybe it was seeing as they only looked relieved instead of scared.

“Hey good to be working with you,” Sungmin smiled extending his right hand. He was covered in white stuff and Ryeowook knew it wasn’t flour.

“Yeah same here,” the boy replied keeping his hands clear of the man infront of him.

“Minnie let me clean you up first before you go chatting with every cook in the house.” Kyuhyun laughed.

“Sorry I have to leave you with them, but the king asks for me.” And with that Yesung left him alone with two men in a kitchen.

“Father, please help me.” Ryeowook answered as he tried to think of all the rules being broken right now.