Turtles, monkies, and fish!

The princes court

Yesung growled as he paced the kitchen where his own personal royal helpers resided.

“Jong Woon please calm down.” Sungmin said as he and Shindong tried to finish the dinner.

“No, I have to tell him I can’t keep this a secret any longer he must know.” Yesung growled burying his fist in his hair as Donghae hid behind Hyukjae’s form while wearing the court jester’s hat on his head.

“Tour uncle gave pacific orders for you to remain in the castle tonight.” Heechul pointed out as he groomed his cat. The royal tailor seemed unfazed by the whole fiasco as his apprentice Hankyung sat beside him.

“Easy for you to say, Kangin, as captain of the guard’s do you know the reason for why I’ve been locked in here?” Yesung asked the older man locking his gaze on him.

“He plans to raid the village for a new round of toys,” Kangin replied clearly disgusted by the mere thought of it. The room shivered knowing just how awful the raids were. It was because of raided villages that he had his own personal royal court. Every one of his friends came from a different village taken by force and brought here. Frankly, the raids worried Yesung due to poor Ryeowook. He was a fragile child and sad to say one of his uncles preferences. The prince always feared his uncle would find him and decide to do with him what he had done to the boys surrounding him now.

“You really need to calm down, will it help if I go up and spy for you?” Hyukjae offered. Being the court clown gave him special treatment in the throne room. Most of that treatment something Donghae hated and cried over, making his hyung rush to comfort him afterwards.

“Hae will be against it, but I would feel better.” Yesung whispered.

“I’ll take Hae with me, he’s my apprentice for the day as you can see.” Hyukjae smiled as he jingled the bells on the hat atop his young lovers head making the smaller man smile. Yesung watched as the two slipped form the kitchens and left for the throne room his uncle occupied.

“You won’t calm down until you’re sure that boy is alright won’t you.” Leeteuk said as he ran his fingers through Kangin’s hair.

“You remember how you came to be here. Ryeowook already hates being so close to the king and this castle, if something happens he could snap and I can’t handle my Wookie being upset and confused. Screams suddenly issued from above them as the sound of footsteps thundering above shook the light fixture.

“What on Earth?” Siwon muttered before the group raced from the room to figure out the noise.

RYEOWOOK

Fire was everywhere as smoke blew around me. I felt scared as peoples screams and the sound of death reached my ears.

“Father!” I screamed racing around trying to locate the man that had kept watch over me since I came here. I tripped and cried as the bodies of my friends and adopted family met me. I cowered as the sound of soldiers interrogating someone met my ears. My father’s voice defiantly sounded as my eyes adjusted to the view ahead of me. Two soldiers had him by the throat ready to kill him as a third asked him questions. Anger flashed through me as I ran forward angry that the kings guard’s dared to come here.

“Well, well what do we have here?” asked one guard with a sickening grim that made my skin crawl.

“Leave him alone,” my father ordered earning the attention back to him.

“Why, who is he?” asked another guard, his eyes making me shiver in fear.

“No one,” the man replied. I knew I should run, but I couldn’t leave not again. I had ran when my family was killed the first time, this time I wanted to stay even if it meant my own death. My eyes clouded as I felt strong arms grab me after yells had been exchanged. The smoke was starting to get to me. Various hands grabbed me carrying me away from my home blood covered me. My father’s blood. I was alone again and going to the kings castle.

“Please, kill me. Yesung!” I whimper wanting my friends protective arms to shield me from this horror I was living in. I was thrown to the kings feet, held down by two  guard’s. I glared at the man who murdered my family twice. The sick bastard who would decide here and now if I should live or die. He leaned forward laughing as he grabbed my chin and examined me.

“Where did you find this little thing?” the king asked with a chuckle making me flinch in his grasp.

“The orphan monastery outside of town your highness,” the man holding me down responded. I spat in his face anger rebuilding in my chest as movement from the side caught my eye. The king growled before yelling the order that made my eyes widen in fear.

“Beat him and him right here, you were raised to be a priest right boy, that means you can’t have according to your precious rules. Let’s see how well you act when those rules are broken.” The man laughed as I quiver tensing my body for the oncoming pain.

Hyukjae quickly told his prince what had happened and visibly flinched when Jong Woon’s eyes turned even blacker than usual. Donghae’s usual childlike behavior was missing as he was grabbed by Hyukjae and pulled from the princes path out the door.

I tried to keep a leveled mind as I marched towards the sounds of screaming and begging in the throne room. My breath caught in my throat as I entered the room to see guard’s standing over the nearly unrecognizable boy I had fallen in love with. Hyukjae had been right. They had found him.

“Ryeowook!” I scream racing forward and falling to my knees infront of him. His eyes were barely opened as he whispered my name and lost consciousness.

“Uncle, what is the meaning of this?” I asked keeping my voice even with power.

“This boy disrespected his king, I simply gave him a lesson.” My uncle replied. I snarled before taking the small boy carefully in my arms.

“He is mine, your to not harm him.” I ordered, before carrying my little turtle to my room. He looked so pitiful all beat up. His once beautiful flawless white skin was marred by black and blue. I made sure he was well covered before passing the various curious eyes of the castle assistants that my uncle ruled over.

“Bring me my court jester!” I heard my uncle order before passing into the chamber leading to my room. Hyukjae dashed past upon hearing the king as Donghae clung to his arm eyes wide with fear. We all knew my uncle would take his anger out on the poor monkey jester.

“Hae, leave Hyukjae be for now and find me Siwon.” I said gently pulling him from the jesters arm so he could go to my uncle.

“It’s okay Hae, I’ll come back to you after I’m done.” Hyukjae smiled before dashing off and leaving the younger with me. Donghae nodded and ran off to locate my personal priest. Ryeowook groaned in my arms as I opened my bedroom door and placed him on my bed. The room was nothing special. Dark wood furniture and red drapes filled the area as I entered the bathroom to get supplies to help Siwon doctor the boy up. I hated the thought of another touching him after what had happened, but he needed medical attention and prayer. Siwon was both. Several minutes later and a bath, my small hands toyed with the smaller male’s red locks as Siwon cleaned and treated his wounds. Ryeowook whimpered clinging to me as the older man finished his task.

“Let him rest and keep his wounds clean so they don’t get infected, I have to go treat Hyukkie now.” Siwon sighed.

“What happened with Hyukjae?” I asked worried for my friend.

“The king was still upset about you and the kid here, so he forced Hyukkie to entertain him with his body. Well Donghae caught news of it and ran into the kings personal chamber and began yelling. when the king ordered Donghae to be punished, well you know how protective of Hae Hyukkie is.” Siwon explained cleaning up his things.

“I see, please keep me informed. My uncle knows better than to harm my personal court.” I said allowing the other to leave with a nod.

HYUKJAE AND DONGHAE

A tall boy was pacing back and forth as a platinum blonde watched with weary eyes.

“Hae, you’re going to make yourself sick, come sit down.” Hyukjae ordered beckoning the boy to his side. Donghae nodded before falling to his hyung side and cuddling close to him careful of the older boys injuries.

“I’m not dead Hae, calm down.” Hyukjae ordered carefully trying to calm down the younger boy.

“It’s my fault your hurt so bad, if I hadn’t let my emotions get the best of me the worse you would have had would be a limp for a day.” Donghae whined his normal childlike pout coming out as he cried into Hyukjae’s shoulder.

“Yes, but what has happened, happened nothing more.” Hyukjae whispered both jumping slightly when the door opened.

“Siwon,” Hyukjae breathed in relief as the taller man entered. Donghae smiled as he jumped to the old man, quickly rushing into explanation of why his monkey was in such a state.

“Donghae, you told me the first time, calm down before I give you something to knock you out.” Siwon warned before sitting next to the battered form of his friend. The latter winced as the priest examined his bruises.

“Is he gonna be alright?” Donghae asked with worry, his chocolate eyes wide.

“Hae I’m talking to you right now, calm down.” Hyukjae said before yelping as Siwon found a broken rib.

“Sorry,” Siwon apologized as Hae quickly ran to his lovers side and began a new round of tears.

“It’s fine,” Hyukjae smiled as he patted the eternal child’s head. After finally finishing with the jester, Siwon left leaving behind a now sleeping Donghae. The boy haven been put to sleep due to a panic attack about fixing a dislocated arm.

“Hae, we really need to work on your emotion skills fishy.” Hyukjae sighed before kissing the youngers lips and falling asleep.