Do you love me?

The princes court

In the small village of Incheon a king and queen ruled. They had a son and named him Kim Jong Woon. When that son turned ten his parents died and his evil uncle took the throne, and now at the age of eighteen the prince of Incheon readied to take a wife and become king.

“Jong Woon are you listening to me?” his advisor asked him breaking the young man from his thoughts.

“Sorry no,” came his blunt reply. Park Jung Soo sighed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“I said the next girl to examine is here, shall I fetch her?” the advisor repeated. Jong Woon shook his head and stood up.

“I’d rather go for a walk around the village Teukie hyung, can you cover for me?” the prince asked with a smile and his signature piercing gaze.

“Of course your majesty, just let me get Kangin and his guards to personally hang me before your uncle.” The man’s sarcastic voice ranted as the young prince darted from the room.

“He’s gone again,” Jung Soo sighed before cleaning up the papers he had brought for the prince.

Jong Woon smiled as he allowed the fresh air of the village to assault his nose. Not many people knew what the prince looked like due to him always being kept behind the closed doors of the castle. Everyone figured he was like his uncle though. A horrible tyrant that women and killed men. True that was his uncles rule, but he was nothing like that. He actually loathed his uncle and if it wasn’t for his personal court, who were mostly made up of people his age. He would have ran away by now. Walking along the back road’s he felt his feet carry him to his normal hide out. A small priest chapel where the monks and villagers prayed. Inside lived a small orphan who had become friends with Yesung; Jong Woon’s nickname. The boy’s parents had been killed shortly after Jong Woon’s uncle took the thrown and he now feared if the boy ever heard his true name, he would hate him.

“Yesung!” a red haired boy cheered as he flung himself into his friends arms.  

“Ryeowookie, how are you today?” Yesung asked as he was led inside the chapel. An old monk with long white hair nodded to him.

“Father, Yesung came today,” Ryeowook happily cried as his voice went high with excitement and his smile grew wider. The head monk nodded before eyeing the man he knew as the prince.

“Very good Ryeowook, but do not forget the rules, even if they are bad they must be followed. That is what I’ve taught you and that is what you should do.” The elderly man stated. Ryeowook nodded before leading Yesung to the kitchens.

“I still have chores, but you can watch.” Ryeowook smiled before taking up the dishes. Ryeowook was four years younger than the prince meaning he was only fifteen. But he was funny to be around and fit well with Jong Woon’s personality.

“Yesungie,” Wookies high toned voice perked through the princes thoughts.

“Yeah,” Yesung responded with a blush taking notice of a blushing Ryeowook.

“I asked if you wanted to go to my room.” The small boy was too innocent sometimes as he followed Ryeowook to his chambers. The small boy shut the door and raced to his wardrobe to locate a clean pair of cloths. Yesung caught the small smile and sudden darkness of the fifteen year olds eyes.

“Wookie?” Yesung questioned.

“Yesung, do you love me?” Ryeowook asked suddenly turning to him. the question struck Yesung with a sudden thought. Did he love Ryeowook? True they had known each other since he was ten and the smaller boy was seven, but he still didn’t even know his real name. Wookie’s adopted father seemed to be the only one to know his true identity. In truth, Yesung did love Ryeowook. He was no stranger to male with male relations. His court jester Eunhyuk was head over heels in love with the animal care taker Donghae. Not to mention that cook Sungmin was dating the game captain Kyuhyun.

“Yes Wookie, I love you. Why else would I keep returning to visit you.” He finally resolved. A smile brightened the younger’s face.

“Good, but you know I have to stay innocent right? The rules state that priest are to remain pure and untouched.” Ryeowook said as he began his normal lecture about the rules he had learnt since joining the priests here.

“Your way to loyal to the rules Wookie.” Yesung laughed as the younger moved to the unknown princes embrace.

“That’s just who I am,” Ryeowook whispered loving the embrace he was in. It made him feel safe.

“Wookie, I hope you never change. But how can you love me when you barely know me?” Yesung asked his smaller lover? Could he call him that? Ryeowook looked up at him with doe like eyes.

“I do know you silly, your Kim Yesung, you live in the castle with that evil king and his nephew and you love turtles.” The boy smiled. Yesung felt pain in his heart at how little the boy truly did know about him.

“Wookie, I have to go please, rethink about loving me.” Yesung said before laying the boy on his bed and retreating out of the home and back to his life as Kim Jung Woon.

RYEOWOOK

The young red head sighed as he watched the older boy leave his room. He didn’t show it, but he was sad by the way the man had questioned his love after just admitting that he shared the exact emotion moments ago. True he had known since the boy introduced himself, that his real name had not been Yesung. But he had remained quiet and waited until the older boy felt he could tell him his true name. Ryeowook may act dense at times, but he could read people better than most could read themselves. And Yesung’s eyes spoke loudly every time he starred into them.

“You seem lost in thought Ryeowook.” A voice said behind him startling the small boy.

“Father,” Ryeowook bowed turning to the man before him.

“I saw Yesung leave, is everything all right?” he asked worried for his youngest child here at the chapel.

“Yeah, we just, he just, I’m lost father.” He admitted with defeat.

“How so my son?” his father asked taking a seat on the bed and ushering the small boy towards him.

“I want to follow the rules, but I also want to follow my heart and as cheesy as it sounds I don’t know what to do. Should I follow the rules and forget about Yesungie, or lose the rules and keep Yesung?” Ryeowook asked the older man with confused eyes.

“I’m afraid that it’s your choice my son, but may God guide you with whatever you choose.” The man smiled before leaving the confused boy alone in his bed. That night Ryeowook had nightmares for the first time since his parent’s murder.