Runaway

The princes court

Jongwoon hated waiting, Ryeowook was in his arms safe. But, as the group rode closer to the village Hankyung knew of, he couldn’t help but worry. His uncle wasn’t dumb, he had killed his family and now he was targeting Ryeowook. The thoughts of Ryeowook being torchured filled his mind and made shivers race through his body and making his blood run cold. The small boy had already lost enough.

“Jongwoon, we’re almost there.” Hankyung announced from the front. Jongwoon nodded before motioning for Kangin and Sungmin to flank his sides and Siwon, Hyukjae, and Shindong to cover them from behind.

“From now on my name is Yesung, none of you are to call me by my real name. Not until I’ve taken the thrown.” Jongwoon ordered.

“Yes your majesty,” the group said before falling into formation around the crowned prince. He would protect Ryeowook with everything he had, even if it meant his life. Suddenly Jongwoon’s horse bucked up with fright as an arrow flew past him hitting the tree he was going past. Sad thing was, if his horse hadn’t bucked he would be dead. The group stopped as Sungmin, Kangin, and Donghae searched the area scanning for the enemy. Why had they not brought any weapons with them?

“Wait, we come in peace!” Heechul yelped as he began to panic and hide behind Hankyung. Another arrow flew at them making the older man flinch.

“We know who you are Prince Jongwoon, why have you come here?” snapped the faceless male voice.

“My friend is hurt, we need a place to rest.” Jongwoon called out as he held Ryeowook’s shivering body closer to him. The boy’s shoulder looking worse even with the bandage Siwon and Kibum had fit him in.

“Ninhao,” Hankyung called out in Chinese causing the others to their heads in confusion.

You speak Chinese?” the voice asked. Jongwoon watched the transition with furrowed brows. He desperately wished he understood what was being said right now. As future king, shouldn’t he be able to speak with his subjects? How could he do that if his subjects spoke a different language than him? Movement in his arms made the prince look down. Ryeowook’s brown eyes glanced up at him in a daze.

“Wookie?” Jongwoon asked holding the boy closer. Ryeowook winced before glancing at the exchange between Hankyung and the mystery assassin.

“We’re going to a village?” Ryeowook asked confused. His speech was slurred, but Jongwoon understood it.

“Is that what they said?” the prince asked surprised the boy had understood the mysterious language.

“Yeah, Hankyung and the man know each other.” Ryeowook croaked out before closing his eyes.

“I’m glad you know what their saying, now how are you feeling?” Jongwoon asked.

“My arm hurts, but why are you here? Did the king find me?” Ryeowook asked worried. Jongwoon shook his head before explaining what had happened. Ryeowook nodded as they rode in silence, following Hankyung who was following the attacker.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Ryeowook closed his eyes again as fear gripped him. He was back with Yesung, the prince of Incheon. This was bad, he couldn’t stay here. Not when everyone he cared about was at risk. He had lost so much already. His parents were dead, his adoptive father was dead, he would not lose Yesung and his friends. Anger clouded his mind as he shook in his lovers arms. Yesung would think he was just cold, but he couldn’t feel cold, not here. Ryeowook couldn’t afford to feel safe in the prince’s arms, not now. He needed to leave like planned. How could they have done this to him. Donghae and Hyukjae had promised they would keep Yesung from finding him.

“Welcome to Beijing (I moved China’s capital to Korea, I am GOD! Lol), I’ll take you to our leader now.” Ryeowook eyed the assassin as he motioned for them to follow him. Dismounting the horses, the group followed him to a big building. Yesung clung to Ryeowook’s side protectively making the boy tense with unease. This act went unnoticed by the prince, but made Kibum his head as he gave the smaller male a strange look.

“Good to be back,” Hankyung smiled before grabbing his friends hand and leading the group inside the stone building. Be back, did that mean that mean he was here before? Where on Earth were they? Ryeowook’s eyes scanned the room for any possible exit he could find. His eyes widened when they spotted a tall man in a black suit.

“Zhou Mi, I found Han Geng.” The assassin bowed before rushing to the man known as Zhu Mi’s side.

“Ah Hang Geng, it’s been awhile. Henry’s been asking about you. He’s  heard all the stories of your past.” Zhou Mi laughed before calming the assassin known as Henry, down. Hankyung chuckled before looking over to Yesung.

“This is-“ Hankyung began but Zhou Mi raised a hand to silence him.

“Prince Jongwoon, before you left HanGeng, you were the next in line to rule this village. Then this sorry excuse for a prince’s uncle had to take you and leave me in charge. You had best have a good reason for bringing such royal garbage to our home, brother.” Zhou Mi hissed causing the room to back down in silence.

“He rescued me, he is nothing like his uncle.” Hankyung explained. Yesung moved forward before falling to his knees.

“Zhou Mi, please we seek refuge. We left my uncle’s tyranny so that we could learn to fight and gather an army to defeat him and take back my kingdom. But if you do not wish to help me, then at least aid my friends, one of them is injured badly and needs medical attention.” Yesung pleaded motioning towards Ryeowook and the others. Henry eyed his leader before whispering in his ear. Hankyung smiled before stealing a quick kiss from his lover.

“Very well, you may stay. But be warned, any funny business and it’s off with your head.” Zhou Mi warned before shooing them away.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Hankyung smiled happily as he and Heechul sprawled out on their new bed.

“I told you I would take you to my home someday.” Hankyung smirked.

“Yes, but you never told me you were to be a ruler.” Heechul pouted.

“I never wanted the position,” Hankyung admitted before curling his fingers in the older males hair.

“I’d love a position like that,” Heechul awed as he closed his eyes. He had been born at the palace, a servant his whole life.

“It’s not as glamorous as you think Hee,” Hankyung warned. Heechul pouted before rolling away from the man.

“I can still dream,” Heechul moaned as Hankyung wrapped his arms around the man.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Donghae blinked as he once again tried to remove the long cylinder band from his two middle fingers. Hyukjae watched with mild interest as Henry once again explained the trick to the boy.

“It’s unity, don’t force it.” The younger boy explained.

“Will I lose my fingers anytime soon?” Donghae asked worried.

“No, it’s just a game kids play. Chinese handcuffs.” Henry laughed. Hyukjae shook his head, of course Donghae would find a child’s game to play.

“So Henry, have you lived here long?” Hyukjae asked as Donghae once again tried to free his fingers.

“No, I moved here when I was fifteen and the king raided my village. But, that was two years ago. Zhou Mi took me in and now I’m his right hand man.” Henry proclaimed proudly. Hyukjae nodded, jumping slightly when Donghae’s loud cry of happiness met his ears.

“I did it!” he smiled looking at the two other occupants with glee.

“Good job Hae, now can you do it with your feet?” Hyukjae asked knowing it would take the boy a few tries. He sort of enjoyed the relaxation since his usual headache was occupied by a new toy.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Shindong blinked as he watched a young servant girl prance around the kitchen. She was tall and dark headed, perfect for a wife.

“Shindong, are you listening to me here, I have a big romance problem with Kyu.” Sungmin pouted trying to gain his friends attention.

“Who is she?” Donghae asked breathlessly.

“A cook, now can I please get some help here.” Sungmin growled. Shindong sighed before turning to his hot blooded friend.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Kyu won’t talk to me, he say’s I’ve been ignoring him.” the bunny like man pouted.

“Then prove to him you’re not ignoring him.” Shindong replied taking up his previous task of watching the young cook. Sungmin huffed in aggravation before stomping off to find someone else to help him.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Ryeowook stealthy climbed from his bed as Yesung spoke with Siwon and the other doctors. He had to escape and leave before Yesung or the others got hurt. Placing a note on his pillow, he left the room. Careful to avoid any scouts, he made his way to the stables. He had stopped when he passed a large room filled with maps and weapons. Searching both directions, he bolted into the room closing the door behind him.

“Sometimes, I have to break the rules. Even if it goes against all I’ve been taught.” Ryeowook whispered before grabbing a sword from the stand above his head. It felt just right to him. A smile formed as he grabbed a small dagger and made for the door. Once he made it to the stables, he grabbed a horse. The rain outside had gotten worse, but he needed to leave now, he could use the rain as a cover.

“Do you really want to leave?” a voice asked from behind him making him jump.

“Kibum,” Ryeowook yelped making the horse move back in surprise.

“Yesung cares deeply for you, would you really hurt him again like this by leaving?” Kibum asked. Ryeowook lowered his head before taking a deep breath and standing straight.

“I have to do this, or he and our friends will get hurt.” Ryeowook stated before pulling the hood on his cloak up and mounting his horse.

“Please Kibum, don’t tell anyone you saw me leave.” Ryeowook pleaded. Kibum remained quiet, Ryeowook took his silence as a yes and urged his horse to run forward. Kibum watched as the boy left disappearing amongst the heavy rain.