His heart

The princes court

Donghae blinked as white hair lined his field of vision. Soft hands grabbed his face forcing him to look up at the face he had been praying to see since his release from the dungeons and torchure.

“Hae, are you okay?” Hyukjae asked, his voice laced with worry as he used one of his sleeves to clean the dried blood on his young lovers face. Donghae began to shake as silent tears cascaded down his cheeks. Hyukjae untied his lover’s wrist from their binds and held the crying boy close.

“Hae, what’s wrong?” Hyukjae continued to ask trying to discover what was making his fishy so upset. Usually the boy was too hyper to even pass for the adult he was supposed to be.

“I have to kill him Hyukkie, I have to kill him, or else I won’t ever get to see you again.” Donghae tried to explain through tears.

“Kill who Donghae?” Hyukjae asked scrunching his face in concern. Who had he been ordered to kill? What had the king done to his innocent fish?

“Ryeowook,” the name came out as a whisper but the effect still made his heart stop as he held Donghae closer. What were they supposed to do now? They had gone against the kings orders once before and that had been a bad idea then as well. Suddenly I thought came to the jesters mind.

“Don’t worry Hae, I will ever leave your side. We’ll kill him as the king orders and then he’ll never be able to take you away from me.” Hyukjae laughed as a crazed smile plastered his face. He wasn’t going to lose his lover any time soon. Death would never be able to separate them.

“Promise?” Donghae whispered.

“Promise,” Hyukjae replied holding his lover closer as images of Ryeowook’s death filled his mind, the final image always ending with the EunHae couple together in each other’s arms.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Ryeowook shivered as he crept through the cement corridor leading to the kitchens. He had been hungry and he planned to grab a midnight snack. He cracked open the kitchen door carefully listening for any sound. Once he was sure he wasn’t going to run into any bunnies or a frustrated Kyuhyun, he walked to the spice cupboard. The jar containing the normal pastries he had taken a liking to was right above him, he reached in to grab one. He quickly retracted his hand as he felt a large smooth object touch his hand. His eyes widened once he brought the jar to his lap and examined the said object.

“So this is where Minnie hyung hides the .” The eternal makanae replied in disgust. It was dangerous trying to locate food in the pantry.

“Damn I’m starving.” Ryeowook cursed as he began searching the room for any food growling as he found even more of his hyung’s toys.

“This is a kitchen, not a dorm.” The boy whispered to himself as he finally gave up on finding anything edible that wasn’t in a form of homemade lube.

“Wookie, why are you here?” Donghae asked entering the kitchen. Ryeowook blinked, surprised to see the older male at this hour.

“I was hungry hyung, why are you here?” he asked curiously as he made his way over to his elder. He missed the crazed look in his friends eyes and the creepy smile flash across Donghae’s lips.

“I couldn’t sleep, would you like to accompany me on a stroll in the woods?” Donghae asked with a slight pout. It wasn’t too odd for the elder male to ask for company. He wouldn’t even eat alone, so the question was believable.

“Sure hyung,” Ryeowook smiled before following his friend out of the room and out of the castle. Surely they would be back before day break so he could make Yesung and the others breakfast. The deepwe they ventured into the forest however, the more Ryeowook doubted they would get home.

“Hyung, do you know where we’re going?” Ryeowook asked trying to adjust his eyes to the cloudy night sky.

“Don’t worry Wookie, you’ll be safe soon.” Donghae replied as he stopped beside a small brook. Ryeowook opened his mouth in awe as he admired the rushing water. Suddenly the snapping of twigs filled the air causing the two men to turn. Hyukjae appeared, darkness covering his face making his expression hard to read.

“Hyukkie, could you not sleep either?” Ryeowook asked cocking his head innocently. Donghae nodded to his friend before the elder boy moved behind Ryeowook’s small figure. Ryeowook shook in fear as his arms were forced behind him.

“What’s going on, let me go.” He pleaded trying to break free of the older man’s grasp.

“I’m sorry Ryeowook, but I love Hyukkie more than you or the prince.” Donghae said emotionlessly. Ryeowook’s eyes widened as he took notice of the dagger in the man’s hand.

“Please, no let me go, please I’ll do anything.” Ryeowook cried trying more fiercely to escape his captors hold. Donghae leaned close to the small boy’s ear whispering into the appendage. Ryeowook’s wide eyes closed and his body went still.

“I understand hyung’s. Please, make it painless.” He whispered.

“Sorry Ryeowook, I can’t do that.” Donghae said before a loud scream echoed in the woods as the cloudy skies broke into a downfall of rain.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

The king smiled as the two rain drenched boys entered his throne room covered in blood. They bowed as Donghae handed over a box for the king to take. The king opened the box and peeked inside before shaking his head.

“Did you keep him alive until you removed it?” he asked before both men shook their heads.

“Good, as promised the two of you are released of my punishment for having in my throne room. Now leave.” And with that the two scurried from his sight. Laughter filled the room as the king once again gazed at the heart that sat bloody in the box he now held.

“Guards, bring me my nephew Jongwoon, tell him I have his heart.” The king ordered as one of his knights raced to find Yesung.