In The Middle Of The Night

Torn In Two Because Of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

1942,night time

Berlin, Germany

Leo

The night sky was  like a dark cloak draped across the earth, stars scattered upon its plain canvas.

   Two people are seen near the Berlin cathedral, surrounded by marble columns. The first figure was dressed in simple black clothing, his hair shielding his eyes, and the other tall figure dressed in white, with dark eyes. The first one inched closer, took the dark-eyed into his arms and kissed him.

And then, I realized.

The one in white was me.

The other broke away, and mouthed something I could not understand. their voices were distant, filled with curiosity and fear.

I saw his face.

I saw him.

Matteo.

older, as it seemed. His features had changed, but He still had the same brown eyes that twinkled in the starlight, the same sculpted nose that seemed so fragile, and the high cheekbones which I can't get enough of.

 

I murmured his name like I knew he couldn't hear me.

 

Matteo, Matteo,  Matteo,  Matteo,  Matteo...

 

I awoke with a start, sweating, hot with embarrassment. I looked at Matteo, the small figure curled up in a ball next to me, breathing lightly, a wry smile on his face. I was about to leave the room, boil some water and make Tea, and try to return to my senses when he took me by the hand rather brusquely out of the blue, his eyelids fluttering open, huge brown eyes staring at me.

"D

Please log in to read the full chapter