Doubt

Torn In Two Because Of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

1942

96 avenue Victor Hugo,Paris

France

Matteo

 

"So, who exactly is this person Leo is going to meet?" I questioned, following Renada down the stairs as I hurriedly put on my coat.

"You mean Armand?"

"Yes."

"He's a rather peculiar friend of mine. Annoying at times, but quite resourceful when needed. He can be formal, to an extent, and despite his rambunctious nature, I have to admit he's skilled at navigating sensitive situations. His father, however, works for the S.S." Renada explained as we walked down the street.

"His father's a Nazi?!" I exclaimed, a look of horror on my face.

"Yes, it can actually work in our favour." I gave Renada a quizzical look. "It is an advantage, Monsieur."

"Don't  'monsieur' me, Miss brazen, How is a son of some Nazi officer going to be an advantage?"

"He's in Berlin. With his help we can possibly  sneak Leo off to Paris and join us. Isn't that what you wanted? To see him again?"

" Ja…"

"Trust me, Armand knows his thing."

"I don't exactly trust you or him-"

Renada rolled her eyes.

"Then  who is the one that you really trust?"

I thought for a moment.

 

   "Matteo what on earth is that?!"Leo gasped at me as I shushed him.We sat in my room on the hardwood floors staring avidly at a small cat that was swaddled in a blanket.

"I found him near school."

"You're mad."He said a

Please log in to read the full chapter