Prologue

Torn In Two Because Of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

" Do not weep,it will be over,"I whispered to him as he held on to me tight. The noises of bombs echoing in the distance brought fear over all  of Berlin as our world seemed to crumble away.

It was all my fault.

All mine.

And I could never forgive myself for it.

 

1938, berlin, germany:

The memory of that day resurfaced upon my mind,

The  family of three were sitting in  their dining room, sipping tea. I sat next to them, laughing at the antics of their only son ; Matteo . He was only nine, back then.

"When I grow up I want to be like vati, learn to fight all the enemies of deutschland!"He said triumphantly, standing up on his seat, waving around an invisible sword in the air. his mother laughed.

"Well you'll have to wait a bit to be older, mein schatz,"  She replied, chuckling.

It was especially calm that afternoon.

There were no signs of  military trucks,nor the usual line of people waiting to receive their rations.

Calm.

But oddly calm.

That was when it happened.

The front door burst open and it was all a blur of black uniforms surrounding us in the room.

"What is happening?!"demanded Herr Engel, infuriated.

"You've been arrested,"said an officer, his cold eyes glaring at them.

I would remember that face for eternity.

That ghastly looking man who looked like a skeleton, with piercing sapphire eyes and a menacing glare.

" Herr König, There must be some mistake!"blurted Herr Engel, stepping towards him, and placed a hand on his shoulder. Herr König slapped his hand away, a look of disgust  and loathing on his face.

" I don't take orders from you,  jewish Schmutz,"he seethed."Take them away!" I stood there, frozen, with Ma

Please log in to read the full chapter