Bemused

Torn In Two Because Of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

1943

96 avenue Victor Hugo,Paris

France

Matteo

 

"Sit still," Said Renada to me.

"Why?"

   It was early morning. The streets started to fill up with sleepy Parisians ready to go to work despite the air raid sirens that destroyed the tranquillity of the neighbourhood. Inside the living room Renada kept staring at me, scribbling things across the sketchpad,occasionally looking from what was on the paper to me and back again. I perched over to see what she was doing, and i was gladly rewarded with a smack on the head.

"Stop being so meddlesome,"She snapped, brandishing her pencil at me.

"Just tell me what you're doing or else I'd scrutinise you,"I grinned cheekily.

"Sit still before I quickly have a change of heart and start strangling you." She riposted

"Be my guest!"I said aloud.

That did it.

Renada leapt out of her armchair, wielding her pencil in the most accusatory way possible. The flames in her eyes blazed ever brightly, almost as if there were threatening sparks.

Run.

She chased me up the stairs,with a look on her face that seemed to scream out at me that she was either going to catch me or kill me. I ducked into a closet in the nearest room,curling up into a ball.

Once she stepped inside,she knew I was there.

"You know,"She started,"I once had a friend who was exactly like you, very curious,very cunning.But as some know, curiosity ki

Please log in to read the full chapter