Astraia

Torn In Two Because Of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

1943

96 avenue Victor Hugo,Paris

France

Matteo

 

That morning on Sunday (Shabbat, שבת),There was someone at the door when Renada and I were having breakfast.

after she answered the door she came running towards me, saying,

" She's here!"

" who?" I asked, frowning at her.

" I  recently had gotten in touch with an old friend who lives in Bordeaux whose employers had moved off to London for god knows what reason, and she had been given six months off," Explained Renada." She'll be assisting us."

 

    "That is indeed true," Said a figure who emerged from the doorway.

    She was dressed in a plain blue cotton smock , a crimson coloured petticoat and had her dark hair in tight waves."Bonjour Renada," She smiled as she settled down in a chair next to me.

I found it odd that she did not introduce herself, for I was quite keen on knowing who she really was.

 

   The two "resistance spies" had discussed the matters of lunch while I, on the other hand, brooded in a corner of the living room, toying with my Magen David necklace that I had found when I was looking through my parents' room after...after they left.

   It was the only memory I had of them.

   Everything was supposed to stay as it was.

   But fate has its ways.

   Life was never supposed to be easy at all.

 

    It was all as clear as day.

That distressed expression from Leo who watched my parents being taken away from me, helpless.

The shrill defeated screams from my mother.

The worried look on my father's face.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter