Contract Signed

Contract Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Eunji, the elder daughter of Jung Dong Il and Song Yun Ah, is a bold and strong-willed girl. Her appa decided to bring her like that because of the incident that happened at her birth.

When Song Yun Ah was in labor, her family was waiting outside, and her appa, who was out of station, came back at the right time when the child was born.

"It's a boy baby," a nurse came out and said to them.

The whole family erupted in joy because Jung Dong Il had broken the tradition of firstborn as girls baby. As they know in their family, all the firstborn are girls, so they didn't inquire about the gender of the baby before during their checkups. So the news of the baby boy brings them a lot of joy and surprise. Everyone congratulated him on his baby boy, but that happiness doesn't last for long.

The same nurse came out again. "Sorry, it's a girl baby for you," she said, bowing again to apologize and walking to the other family who was also waiting for childbirth.

"It's a baby boy for your family," she said to them.

The whole Jung family got disappointed, and his sister-in-law that he couldn't break the Jin. At that moment, Jung Dong Il promised himself that he would raise the baby with a bold and strong-willed personality.

Jung Eunji has a boy gene as well. From her childhood, she was different from her cousins; those girls preferred to look pretty, while Eunji chose to play out with boys. They chose pretty frocks and gowns, while Eunji always chose shorts and boot pants. Eunji's eomma, Song Yun Ah, always dresses her up well, but Eunji makes it dirty soon, which also makes her eomma angry, while her appa always enjoys whatever Eunji does. Like boys, Eunji climbs the tree, jumps from the wall, tries driving a motorcycle, etc. All these irritate Eunji's eomma, but her appa encourages him to do what her heart tells her is good.

Both Eunji's eomma and appa have big differences in raising Eunji. Her eomma wanted her to study well and become a good professional in society, but Eunji gave up her studies for her passion for music, which her appa didn't stop her from doing.

At the age of six, Eunji told her eomma that she wanted to become a singer; her eomma didn't take it as a big deal.

Initially, “Eomma, I want to become a singer," Eunji said after she saw the famous boy band ‘H.O.T’, perform on television. The moment she saw their performance, her little heart quickly liked them, especially the member ‘Tony'. At that moment, Eunji herself doesn't know that one day she will say marrying Tony is her big wish in life after becoming a singer when her teacher asks in class about her life goal. Initially her eomma liked Eunji's interest in coming forward to learn something new, so she joined her in music class. Her eomma thought it was an interest of hers; maybe it will turn into a hobby in the future, but she never thought that Eunji would give up studies for music.

Eunji started becoming friends with people who shared her passion for music. A small band named ‘Honeydew’ was created.

Jung Eunji and Yang Yoseob, - Vocalists

Lee Tae Sung - Guitarist

Park Jae Beom - Bass Guitar

Kang Min Hyuk - Drummer

Kim Ji Eun - Keyboardist

After creating a band, they started performing in school. They worked hard practiced a lot, so that led them to get low scores in their exams. So, Eunji’s mom tried to stop Eunji from being in her band, but Eunji was stubborn enough not to give up on her band. After a big argument, Eunji decided to give up on her studies in high school. This made her eomma worry about her future, but her appa believed that Eunji would have a good future in music.

Eunji is a bold, strong-willed girl who fights for her dream and a naughty girl who loves her family more than herself. That's shy her family for her selfless love, always supports and helps her achieve all her dreams, leaving their other disappointments behind. Eunji, who always disturbs and makes trouble for her little brother Jung Minki, goes to fight for her brother with other boys who bully her brother. Her eomma, who disciples her and scolds her for not being tidy and neat, doesn't allow her to go to bed without eating. Her appa never fails to give her extra allowances without letting Eunji’s eomma know about them; he also taught her how to be kind and love everyone.

Eunji is also a kind-hearted girl, which is why when a boy gets hit on the road, she can't stand seeing it. She helped him by taking him to the hospital and fighting with the staff when they refused to admit him; that is when Key's Halmeoni and Minho saw her. Eunji went to the store when her brother told her that his friend didn't bring lunch, so she got them extra lunch. That was when Minho saw her.

Other than her family, her band was so precious to her. Eunji encourages them to believe that they will get a good position in the music industry. She may forget to eat or sleep, but she will never miss the practise with her band. She even missed lunch or dinner with her family while practicing with her band. Those times, her Eomma will get upset, and at that time, her Appa will convince her. That's when Minho again saw her. Eunji and the band go to sing at a few school programmes, birthday parties, and wedding ceremonies. After the successful completion of a program, they go out to celebrate with soju and beers. That's when Key and Minho came to spend their Friday night.

Even though Eunji and the band do some good music work, they couldn't get a breakthrough. With those small works, they know that they can't enter the music industry; they need a wild card to get big recognition. That chance also came when they heard about a big music competition called ‘Next Big Band: A New Future,’ in which many singers and some K-pop trainees participated. The winner in the competition will easily enter the music industry because any big agency will hire them. But if you want to participate in it, the team should get a sponsor to bear their expenses; Eunji and her friends find it hard to get a sponsor.

Eunji didn't ask her parents for sponsorship; they are not a rich family; both her parents go to work; with their salary, they can run their family with no financial crisis; and they have a little savings for their family's future. Eunji was not okay with asking from her parents' savings. She prayed for a sponsor. God answered her prayers through Halmeoni and Minho.

Minho walked around the neighborhood, where he saw Eunji with her parents. He doesn't have any luck seeing them soon, but when he was about to give up on the idea of roaming around, he saw Eunji's parents walking to their house from the bus stop. He found their house and collected a few details about them and Eunji. Once he gathered enough information, he brought that information to Halmeoni.

"But Halmeoni, she won't fit for our Kibum," Minho said after telling her all the information he had gathered about Eunji and her family.

"Why did you say that?" Halmeoni asked.

"She is a school dropout, a noisy girl, and sometimes...no, most of the time she is troublesome."

"So, she is exactly opposite to our Kibum?"

"Dae" Minho nodded his head firmly.

"That's why I chose her," she said, smiling.

"Halmeoni..." Minho looked confused.

"Haven't you heard that opposite poles attract each other?" Halmeoni smiled.

Halmeoni and Minho's visit was a surprise to the Jung family. Luckily, Eunji was not at home when they came. Initially, Halmeoni spoke about a few general topics about her and her family, and she also asked a few questions to learn more about Jung's family. Eunji's parents jaws dropped when Halmeoni asked Eunji for marriage to Kibum.

"We still haven't thought about her marriage," Jung Dong Il said in a low voice.

"So now you think about it" Halmeoni said.

Eunji's parents looked at each other, still with a shock expression; they didn't know what to say, but they asked for time to talk with Eunji, which Halmeoni understood and accepted. Minki, who was listening to the whole conversation, was asked to be silent. Jung Dong Il and Song Yun Ah discussed with themselves this surprise marriage proposal.

Song Yun Ah likes this proposal and wants Eunji to marry Kibum, but Jung Dong Il, who knew Eunji very well, was not ready to accept this proposal.

"Yeobo, Eunji can't get a better marriage proposal than this," Song Yun Ah tried to convince her husband.

"But Eunji is not interested in all these. She wants to do more in music."

"Yeobo, she can do whatever she wants after that marriage."

"How will they accept it?"

"Yeobo, we can ask them to accept the conditions because they brought this proposal."

"But still, Eunji won't accept it. Marriage should be her own choice."

"Yeobo, but this is also not a bad choice. This guy is not any other simple guy."

Yes, Kim Kibum is not a simple guy; he is a famous and rich fashion designer known as Key, sole proprietor of Shinee Fashion House. He works with many famous K-pop stars and actors; his models and fashion designs have a separate fan base. Many like to work with him because his fashion creates new trends. Not only K-pop stars but even common people are fans of him; his designs sold out quickly, and many like to follow him and become his friends. Even though Kibum's fashion is well known, he always maintains a low profile. He is strictly a professional, so his personal life is kept low. Many idols, stars, and models—even many business women—have come up with many date offers, but Key has never considered any of those, so some, in disappointment and frustration, spread false news about him.

‘He is not straight; that's why he rejects all girls.’

‘He is a heartless person, psycho.’

Many say many things about him, but Key never listens to anything; he always maintains a professional relationship with everyone.

So when a marriage proposal from a rich and famous guy like him comes, no fool will reject it. So Eunji's eomma wants to accept this proposal, but the ball is in Eunji's court; she has to decide.

Eunji's eomma prepared all Eunji's favorite dishes that evening and eagerly waited for her, while Jung Dong Il was somewhat in confusion about the proposal because, like his wife said, it was a good marriage proposal, but in other side, he was worried whether Eunji would accept it or not. Like his appa, Minki was not worried but eager to know what Eunji would decide because he also likes to tell everyone that such a famous guy is his brother-in-law. Surprisingly, Eunji came earlier than usual, and her eomma also welcomed her with a wider smile than usual. She asked Eunji to get fresh up soon and come to dinner, as it was all her favorite dishes for dinner. Looking at all her eye-catching favorite dishes on the table, she got a watery mouth and got excited. So she fails to think about the reason for her mom's sudden extra sweetness.

As soon as she sat down for dinner, Eunji quickly started to dig into all her favorite dishes, and her eomma was serving her with extra sweetness. But her appa and Minki looked at each other in worry because they knew that this was calm before a storm, no typhoon. After dinner, Song Yun Ah served Eunji her favorite dessert, blueberry cheese cake. Eunji got a wide smile and started digging it. Song Yun Ah signaled to Jung Dong Il to start the conversation, but he shook his head, so she decided to talk.

"Eunji-yah..." She called in a soft tone with a soft smile; she wiped off the cake that was on Eunji's cheeks when she looked up, "How was the dinner?" She asked with a smile.

"It was delicious." Eunji said in an excited tone, "But... what's special today? Why was dinner so special? Omo..." She straightened up. "Did I forget any important days?" She asked.

Song Yun Ah and Jung Dong Il looked at each other and shook their heads at Eunji.

"Then why is it so special?" she asked. Eunji saw that both were silent and understood that there was a serious issue behind it. "What? Is there any problem?" She asked in a worried tone and looked at her appa, "Appa, are you fine?" She touched his hand in worry.

"Aniyo, Appa is fine," he replied with a wide smile.

"Then why do you both look silent?" Again, Song Yun Ah and Jung Dong Il looked at each other and asked, "Did you both lose your jobs? That's why you look worried, am I right?" Song Yun Ah and Jung Dong Il were silent. "But for that, why is dinner so special?" Eunji looked confused.

"Ani...Aniyo... Don't think anything bad. It is all good news." Song Yun Ah sounds excited.

But still, Eunji likes to be confused. "What is it, then?" She asked.

"Eunji-yah, what do you think of marriage?" Song Yun Ah asked Eunji carefully. Eunji’s face turned red in anger. "You've got a good marriage proposal," she said.

"Eomma..." Eunji called out in anger. "Don't you know that I'm focusing on my dreams? I'm not interested," she said in a firm tone. "Aish, I'm a fool... I should have understood why you were extra sweet today," she hissed to herself.

"Eunji-yah, Eomma knows about your dream." Song Yun Ah started in a soft tone, “This marriage pro..." She was stopped by Eunji.

"Eomma..." Eunji interrupted in an angry tone. "I told you I'm not interested," she said in a firm tone again, standing up.

"Eunji..." Her eomma grabbed her hand to stop her from moving away. "Listen to Eomma," she said.

"Andwae..." Eunji freed herself from her eomma's hand and was walking to her room.

Song Yun Ah looked at her husband for help; he understood his wife's look and stood up to talk, "Eunji-yah..." He called her. Eunji stopped and turned to him.

"Appa, this is my life," Eunji said before Jung Dong Il could start to talk.

Jung Dong Il nodded his head. "I know. It's your life. That's why Eomma wants you to understand her," he said.

Eunji brought her shoulder down in disappointment and asked, "What do I need to understand? To give up on my dreams?" She asked him angrily.

Even though Eunji was angry, her appa was calm. He shook his head and came close to her. "You don't have to give up on your dreams," he said, smiling at her.

"Then why do you want me to get married now?" Eunji whinned.

"Eunji-yah..." Her eomma spoke before her appa could start, "Getting married doesn't mean that you are giving up on your dreams," she said.

"Marriage will be a big obstacle for my dreams," Eunji replied in a firm tone.

"No, Eunji. You can follow your dreams even after marriage. The groom's side will accept our conditions," her eomma explained.

"Andwae, I'm not getting married. I'm too young to get married now," Eunji shouted.

"At your age, I gave birth to you, Eunji-yah," her eomma tries to explain.

"No, Eomma, I don't want to be like you. I want to achieve my dreams instead of taking burdens like yours," Eunji said in anger.

"Burden?" Song Yun Ah asked in shock, "What burden?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Family is a burden...children are a burden...you think of me as a burden." Eunji accused her of eomma. Listening to her words, both her appa and Minki look shocked. "That's why you want to get rid of me...and call it marriage," she finished accusing her eomma.

"Eunji-yah..." Her eomma murmured her name in shock, and a big, fat tear rolled down from her eyes. "Do you think eomma is a bad person?" She asked. Eunji didn't reply, "Don't you know eomma loves you?" Eunji hung her head low. "What did I do to you to make you think that I thought of you as a burden?" Tears started rolling down her face. "I never stopped you from doing what you wanted to do. When you were a kid, eomma wanted you to wear a frock, but you chose jeans. I didn't stop you. When I wanted you to go to school, you chose to drop out.  Eomma scolded you but left you to follow your dream—music. From your childhood, I let you do whatever you wanted to do, even though eomma  worried about you. Because I always wanted you to be happy. But you thought I was a bad person. For this marriage also, I wanted you to do it for your goodness, but still." Song Yun Ah’s voice cracked down: "You haven't understood my love for you...okay...okay..." She stepped back. "Then why should I live anymore?" She got inside her room and locked it up.

"Yah...jagya...yah..." Jung Dong Il quickly started knocking on the door; Minki followed him and knocked, but Eunji stood still in her place.

"Jagya, open the door," Jung Dong Il shouted.

‘Andwae. Aish. Where are those pills? Sleeping pills...ah, it's here.’ Jung Dong Il, and Minki's eyes went wide for the words that came from behind the door.

"Jagya, open the door."

"Eomma, Andwae, open the door."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter