His Little Secret

Contract Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji still hasn‘t moved from the doorstep; Key didn‘t let Eunji and her parents to see Halmeoni. Only Minho updated them about Halmeoni‘s health; Eunji felt guilty for Halmeoni‘s condition and wanted to meet her, so she was waiting near the doorstep even after Key shouted at her to leave.

The next day, during discharge, Eunji saw Halmeoni while she was coming out of the room. After getting her consciousness back, Halmeoni asked Key about Eunji, but he didn‘t reply to her questions. Minho gave her some quick replies regarding Eunji before Key could catch him. Halmeoni felt bad upon hearing that Key blamed Eunji for her condition and was shocked by his words, asking Eunji to leave forever.

"Halmeoni..." Eunji came near her when Halmeoni came out in the wheelchair with Key moving her.

Halmeoni smiled and opened her hand for Eunji to come near, but Key didn‘t stop and moved her away, which led both Halmeoni and Eunji to get disappointed. Eunji and her parents didn‘t move from their place; they stood watching Key leave with Halmeoni. Eunji got back to her senses when Minho stood before her.

"Come with me..." He grabbed her hand and took her away.

With no time for a proper send-off, Eunji looked at her parents as she walked with Minho. "I'm leaving," she said.

"Be strong..."

"Take care..."

Jung Dong Il and Song Yun Ah said encouraging words with a smile and thanked God for Minho being there by their side.

Key gave a sharp stare when he saw Minho standing with Eunji in the living room. He then shut the door to Halmeoni‘s room and didn‘t allow both Eunji and Minho to see Halmeoni. Eunji was still standing near Halmeoni‘s door to get a chance to see Halmeoni, but she could only see Key walking to and fro to the kitchen and Halmeoni‘s room, but every time he came out or went in, he made sure that the door was closed.

Minho tried to talk to Key, but he didn‘t listen to him and shut the door with a sharp stare. Minho understood that he got angry at him for taking a stand for Eunji. When it was time for Minho to leave, he came to Eunji, who looked tired as she hadn‘t eaten anything and also looked disappointed in Key‘s behavior. Eunji said no when he said that he would get dinner from outside.

"Don’t give up. He will change his mind." Eunji didn‘t reply, "I'm leaving now." Eunji nodded her head, and he left with a guilty feeling for leaving Eunji alone in such a bad situation, but he knows that leaving them alone will lead them to get back together.

Eunji thought that Key would at least let her inside the room, but he shut the door even after seeing Eunji still standing near their room.

In the morning, Key thought Eunji must have left for her home; a smile formed on his face when he saw Eunji was not there in the living room. But soon his eyes went wide in shock when he saw the prepared breakfast, and he quickly walked to Halmeoni‘s room. She was not there, and he heard a voice from the bathroom - It is Halmeoni and Eunji. He understood that she was helping Halmeoni.

"Halmeoni..." He called out and reached for her as soon as he saw her coming out of the bathroom.

"She took a bath," Eunji said to him with a smile, but he totally ignored her.

"Did you sleep well? How do you feel now?" He asked halmeoni.

"Dae... I slept well, and now I'm feeling better after taking a bath." She said, and then looked at Eunji, "Eunji helped me take a bath," she said with a smile. "Thank you, Eunji-yah," she said.

"It's no big deal, Halmeoni," she said.

"I will prepare breakfast, Halmeoni." Key interrupted her.

"Eunji has already prepared it, Kibum-ah." Halmeoni said with a smile, but Key didn‘t reply to her while Eunji was looking at him for his reply. "Get fresh up soon; let‘s eat together," Halmeoni said to him. Key nodded and walked out before Eunji could open to talk to him.

Key saw Eunji has already arranged the table for breakfast, and Halmeoni is waiting for him. Eunji has prepared vegetable soup, an egg roll, and pan cake for breakfast.

"It is delicious..." Halmeoni said to Eunji in an excited tone after she tasted the food; she then turned to Key and said, "Isn’t it, Kibum-ah?" She asked.

Key shook his head and started eating again. Eunji made a pouty face for his reply.

"Aniyo, it is delicious." Halmeoni said again with the same excitement, "Who taught you cooking?" She asked.

"Appa," Eunji replied with a wide smile.

"Oh, so you are interested in cooking?"

"Ani" Eunji‘s quick negative reply made Halmeoni chuckle.

"Then, how?"

While Eunji and Halmeoni were having their conversation, Key was busy eating his food and didn‘t interfere in their conversation.

"Eomma won‘t give me dinner if I do anything wrong, so in the middle of the night, Appa will cook for me, so from him I learned it," Eunji finished.

Halmeoni started laughing at her reply, "Aigo Eunji-yah. Here, no one will stop you from eating." She said as she laughed, "You can eat whatever you want; no one will say no. And make him also eat." She pointed at Key; Eunji chuckled, "He will always say diet, diet...am I right, Kibum-ah?" She asked.

"I'm leaving for work, Halmeoni," Key said in an irrelevant reply to her. "I will arrange your medicines." He stood up.

"Eunji has already done it," Halmeoni said proudly.

Key glanced at Eunji, who smiled at him; he ignored it. "I don‘t trust anybody," he said as he walked to Halmeoni‘s room. His reply was so disappointing for Eunji. Key came out of the room with Halmeoni‘s medicine box; it was already arranged with medicine, and he was checking it.

"Is it correctly arranged?" Halmeoni asked once again, and Key’s face turned disappointed when he realized that Eunji had arranged it correctly. Now he can’t blame her.

Key didn‘t want to accept the defeat but still nodded his head and said, "You go to your work. Eunji will look after me," she said.

"Dae...I will, Halmeoni," Eunji said and looked at Key, who now gave a stare for her reply. Eunji then let her head hang low after seeing his expression.

"But still be careful. Call me if you need anything." He said that and went inside the room to get his bag.

"I'm sorry," Eunji followed Key to the doorstep and said. A pouty face formed when he didn‘t respond to her; he simply walked out as if he didn‘t hear her.

"Eunji takes care of me very well." Halmeoni gave the same reply every time Key called her.

In the evening, Key came early to see Halmeoni; when he entered, Halmeoni and Eunji were playing cards in the living room.

"Oh, Kibum-ah, you came." Halmeoni welcomed him with a wide smile.

Key gave a small nod. "How do you feel now, Halmeoni?" He asked as he came near her.

"I'm feeling good now. Eunji took care of me well," Halmeoni said, smiling at Eunji. Key didn‘t turn to her, but he could see through her peripheral eyes that she was smiling at him. "Get fresh up soon; let's eat together...Eunji has prepared all my favorites," Halmeoni said in an excited tone.

Key nodded his head and tried to smile at her.

After he went to his room, Eunji and Halmeoni resumed their card game. Key found it different when he heard they had been noisy in the living room.

Like in the morning, Halmeoni again started praising Eunji’s cooking, but Key didn‘t react to her because he knew the true intention behind her words. Cooking is good, but Halmeoni tries to emphasize Eunji before him so that Eunji can get into his good book. Key was still angry with her, and none of Halmeoni‘s words affected him.

"Let me read you the book," Key said like usual after Halmeoni got onto the bed.

"We finished that book already," Halmeoni said, looking at Eunji, who was standing near the door. "Eunji read it for me, and it is far better than your reading," she said, smirking at Eunji. After today‘s lunch, Eunji read the book for Halmeoni; she didn‘t read it plainly like Key does every night to Halmeoni, which makes her get sleep. Eunji was reading with all her tone and even enacted a few scenes that made Halmeoni enjoy herself: she laughed, felt pity, got curious, etc.

Halmeoni‘s words made Key get disappointed: "So...what should I do now? Go out..." He asked Halmeoni in a disappointed tone. Halmeoni could feel his disappointment; he hadn‘t done anything for her today; Eunji did all his usual things to her, so it made him feel disappointed, bad, and also possessive.

"Let's talk for a few minutes," she said, smiling.

Key nodded with a smile and turned to Eunji; she understood what his look meant—she should leave the room.

"I will be sitting out," Eunji said in a low voice, and she walked out after closing the door.

Eunji was waiting in the living room. After a few minutes, Key came out, but before Eunji could peek inside the room, he closed the door. Without talking to her, he just went inside his room and closed the door.

On the previous night, Eunji slept off on the couch, but today again she doesn‘t want to sleep on the couch. So after gathering all her courage, she entered the room. Key was about to switch off the light but stopped when he saw her. Before she could talk, he lay down on the bed.

"I'm sorry," Eunji said in a low voice, but he didn‘t react. "I'm sorry," she said again, but this time a little louder than last time. "What should I do to get your forgiveness?" She asked after she came near the bed.

After a moment of silence, Key got up and turned to her, saying, "Eunji, you don‘t have to do anything. Stay in this house for a year and leave once the contract expires. I realized my mistake; I won‘t disturb you with my work anymore." Eunji was about to open to talk, but he ignored it. "Don't come between me and Halmeoni," he said, showing his possessive side, and he lied down without giving her a chance to talk.

Eunji wanted to explain that she realized her mistake and even felt guilty for it. She wanted a chance to prove to herself that she wouldn’t make the same mistake again, but he wasn't ready to hear her, which really made her angry and disappointed in him.

Soon she changed her mind after hearing his words: ‘Why should I explain him? What will happen even if I explain it? Nothing. So no use in explaining, and anyway, I'm leaving after a year, so why worry about his words?" she thought and went to sleep.

The next day, before Eunji could get up, Key got up to start the day so that he could stop Eunji from doing anything for Halmeoni. Eunji woke up as usual and asked him to let her help, but he didn‘t allow her. So Eunji went to Halmeoni‘s room and had a little chat and helped her get ready—selected a dress for her, combed her hair—and looking at them, the possessive side of Key popped out. During breakfast also, they were talking and laughing for their own jokes; Key could see that they got bonded to each other and wonder how easily Eunji impressed Halmeoni before marriage and now got close to her.

"Eunji-yah, you haven‘t seen his workplace, right?" Halmeoni asked Eunji when Key got ready for work.

"No, Halmeoni." Eunji shook her head.

"Yah, Kibum-ah, take her with you and show her your office," Halmeoni said.

"Andwae" Key gave a quick reply, which made Eunji get annoyed.

"Eunji-yah, would you like to see his place?" Halmeoni asked Eunji, ignoring his words.

"Dae" Eunji, with a wide smile, gave a big nod.

"So get ready and go with him now," Halmeoni said.

Before Key could talk or stop her, Eunji ran to the room to change.

"I'm really excited to see your place." Eunji said to Key while they were on their way to his workplace, and Key didn‘t reply, "At last, we're going to see the workplace of famous designer Key. I'm so lucky." She said it in an excited tone; this time also he didn‘t reply and his eyes never moved from the road; actually he felt annoyed for taking her to his workplace because he doesn't want her to get involved in or know about his personal matters.

When they reached the office building, Eunji looked at the building with wide eyes. It was a tall building, and before entering the building, anyone could tell that the interior was going to be mind-blowing. Eunji, in excitement, took her mobile to take a picture of the building.

"No photos," she heard him say before she could press the red circle on the mobile phone.

"Wae?" She asked with a disappointed face.

"Give your mobile," he ordered her, ignoring her question.

"Wae?" She asked him again. This time, too, he didn‘t reply but looked at her with his usual blank expression. Eunji can understand that he has no interest in replying to her questions, so she gave the mobile to him. "Don’t forget to give it back," she said, but again, he ignored her words and got the mobile from her and put it inside his coat pocket as he walked to the lift.

Key owns two floors for his office and work space in that building. Eunji was so excited when the lift door opened; she was now interested in seeing things around her as she followed Key. His office was nicely decorated, with paintings on the walls. After the front office, one side of the hall is for the management sections, while the other side is for the junior designers, computer stuff, etc. Eunji couldn‘t take a good look at all those because Key walked straight to his cabin without stopping anywhere.

Eunji was so surprised to see such a big office because his house was so simple and content. She thought his workplace would also be simple and compact, but she was wrong. By seeing his work place, Eunji understood that he loves his work more than anything else and is so dedicated to it.

Even after entering the office, Key didn‘t look at Eunji, which was so convenient for her to look around his cabin.

"Good morning, Chief." Key’s assistant, Kwon Nara, greeted him.

Key nodded his head without moving his eyes from the file, which he left unfinished yesterday.

Kwon Nara is Key’s chief assistant; she handles three more assistants for Key. She has more experience than others; in fact, she is the only one staff who knows that Key is married; she was invited to his wedding. She is the one in Key’s professional life to keep all his secrets safe; she knows kind of everything about Key since she joined his office - where he goes out with Minho, what place he prefers to go to relax, whom he will be willing to meet, who he will avoid, etc., and last but not least, she knows that Key got married to Eunji. Key informed only her about the marriage, but he kept the contract part of the marriage secret from all. Nara was not okay when he asked her to keep his marriage a secret. Key gave the same reason for the marriage to be simple - Eunji’s dream is to become a singer, so her personal life has to be kept secret to pursue her dreams. Like others, Nara, who has met many models and singers, was convinced by his reason.

Kwon Nara looked at Eunji and bowed at her with a smile; Eunji looked her from head to toe; Nara, who was in a half white formal shirt and black pencil skirt with shinning black heels, looked so professional and elegant. Eunji realized that even Key’s assistant was so elegant and classy; she felt low before Nara for her appearance but didn’t fail to hide it. Eunji greeted Nara with a smile, and she also had no idea that Nara attended her marriage. As it was not a secret to his assistant that he is married, Key brought Eunji to his workplace without any hesitation because no one else had the courage to raise a question about the guest he brought to his office.

"Chief, what shall I bring for you and ma‘am?" She asked.

"Ma’am?" Key looked up at her with a confused expression and soon realized that she was referring to Eunji. He looked at Eunji, who was looking at the fabrics in the cloth rack, and said, "We are fine." He said this to her and gestured for her to leave.

A pout formed on Eunji‘s face for not treating her properly, as it was her first visit to his office. "It is not a good way to treat the guest," she said.

Key looked at her for her words. "Don’t touch the fabrics," he said, ignoring her words like usual and pointing at her hand, which was holding a fabric from the rack. With a pouty face, Eunji kept the fabric and also understood that he wouldn‘t reply to any of her words.

"By the way, your workplace is so good." Eunji said after a moment of silence; she tried to stop herself from saying those words, but she couldn‘t because she likes the place so much. Like she expected, he didn‘t reply to her; Eunji came near his table and asked, "Are you the one who always designs the dress?" She asked him, but he was still busy doing his own work. Then Eunji leant forward to him and said, "Will you design me a dress?" She asked as she leant even more forward towards him. Key got jolted up by Eunji leaning so close to him. Before he could reply to her, "Ahem...ahem..." He heard Nara, who was standing near the door, try to grab their attention. Key and Eunji turned to her voice and then looked at each other. Eunji understood the meaning of his stare: she has to go back.

"Chief, all corrections have been finished. We can process them after you check them out," she said.

"Dae, I'm coming." He closed his laptop and stood up.

Eunji got excited, as now she is going to see the main place in his workplace—his workshop. Key looked annoyed when he saw Eunji following him, but she didn‘t care about it because she wanted to see all his workplaces because not many get this chance. Eunji entered the lift and stood next to him; they both heard his two assistants, who were standing behind them, giggling. A sharp stare from Nara, who was standing next to them, was enough for them to be silent. Eunji looked at him for his reaction, but he didn‘t show any and looked unbothered.

Eunji‘s eyes went wide in surprise; it is a big place. On one side, staff were working on designs and other works like stitching, hard work, etc., while on the other, it was so eye-catching to Eunji to see different dresses arranged in many racks, in so many colors, so many designs, and so many choices in dresses. As Key walked to check on his recent work, Eunji was free enough to look at those arranged dresses. Eunji liked so many dresses, but a particular dress got her attention—a red dress that was put on a mannequin. Eunji walked to that red dress; it was a one-shoulder, tailed dress, and a crystal-attached flower-shaped badge was placed on the left side of the dress. Without even blinking her eyes, Eunji moved her hand to touch the dress.

"Don’t touch." Eunji stopped when he heard Key‘s voice. "Hands on your pocket," he said. Eunji obeyed his words immediately.

"No visitors are allowed here," he said, and he pointed at the yellow line that was drawn on the floor near the entrance of the cloth section. "Only my staff are allowed after that," he said.

"Am I also not allowed?" Eunji asked.

"Are you my staff?"

"Aniyo..." She slowly shook her head and said, "So what about halmeoni?" She asked, looking at him.

"She won‘t wish to come here," he said.

"But I like to be here." Eunji said this with a smile and turned to the dress. "Beautiful dress," she said, pointing at the dress.

"I know," Key said proudly; his reply annoyed her.

"How much?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Not for sale," said a pouty face for Eunji.

"I... I like this dress...I..." she trailed off her words.

"You won‘t fit into it," Key interrupted her.

"Wae?" Eunji sounded annoyed by his words.

"You are fat," Key said without any hesitation.

Eunji got angry for his comment, "Aniyo..." She started at him to reply to his rude comment, but stopped when his eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not," she said in a low voice.

Key looked at her from both sides of her body. Eunji felt uncomfortable about it, but he was uninterested in it.

"Yes, you are," he said.

Eunji got angry. "You are so rude," she said.

Key looked at her from head to toe. "I'm telling the truth," he said. Eunji got angry for his rude words: ‘I'm not fat. What is his criteria to be called a slim  body?’ She thought. "Waist size must be smaller for me to tell it is a slim body," he said as if she was reading her mind. Eunji slightly opened ajar in shock, but Key didn‘t give her a chance to talk further. "Don’t you have any other work?" He asked.

"I have.." She said it in a low voice as she was hurt by his rude comments and insults.

"Then leave," he replied immediately.

Eunji showed an annoyed face and walked out. Key turned to Nara, who stood a few steps away from him. He gestured for her to come near. "Get her a cab and give this to her," he said, and he gave Eunji‘s mobile to her.

"Ma’am..." Eunji stopped looking for her mobile and looked up at the direction of the voice. A smile formed on her face when she saw Nara showing the mobile and walking towards her. "Chief told me to give it to you, Mam," she said, giving the mobile to Eunji.

"Thank you." Eunji bowed slightly.

"Chief told me to get you a cab too." She said this and looked around to find a cab.

"Did he?" Eunji exclaimed because she felt bad and also got annoyed by Key’s behavior, so she didn‘t expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter