Called Off

Contract Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wedding took place with joy and happiness; Halmeoni was so happy to see Key and Eunji together. Key and Eunji did well in the ceremony as they don't want their awkwardness to be seen by the guests. There were only very few guests; the wedding took place only with the number of people said by Key. When once that number is reached, Halmeoni and Eunji’s parents couldn’t invite other close relatives and friends.

After the marriage, Key and Eunji came to Key's house, while Halmeoni left with Minho to stay in a hotel room to leave Key and Eunji alone for their wedding night.

Eunji didn't have big expectations for Key’s place before, but she couldn't believe to see the famous fashion designer live in a simple apartment. He is a well-known person in the entertainment industry, but his house is simple and nice, with only the necessities, so Eunji understood that he is content with what he has and prefers to keep his private life low-key.

When they entered Key's room, which is decorated with red roses, Key stood still, looking at his new bed. It is small, and he understood that it must have been Minho's idea to get a small bed. But for Eunji, it doesn't look small because she had an even smaller bed than this in her home.

"You get fresh up first," he said to Eunji, pointing at her luggage.

Key looked her from head to toe when Eunji came out of the bathroom after she got fresh; she was in a white crop t-shirt with romantic-line shorts. Eunji thought he might comment on her dressing, but he didn't react to it, and she realised that he doesn't care about it.

"This is your side of the bed." Key showed the right side of the bed after arranging the pillow in the centre of the bed, "I will take the left, is it okay?" He asked.

"Okay..." Eunji nodded and quickly got onto her side.

As soon as she lied on the bed, Eunji went to her dreamland because she was tired, but Key couldn't because of Eunji and her sleeping habits.

Key got up earlier than usual; he looked at Eunji's  side; she had pushed the pillows more towards his side, which made Key annoyed; and he also saw her suitcase still open on the floor; she didn't close it after she took her things out.

‘It must be hard to be with her,’ he said to himself when he understood that Eunji is a careless, lethargic, and undisciplined girl.

"Halmeoni..." Key came to her in excitement as soon as she entered the house with Minho. He hugged her, "I missed you..." He said.

Halmeoni and Minho chuckled, "Where is Eunji?" She asked

Key’s smile faded. "She is still sleeping..." He said this and went back to the kitchen to continue his cooking.

Minho and Halmeoni giggled within themselves. Eunji woke up when he heard a loud laugh from the living room. Halmeoni got a smile and said, "You woke up?" She asked Eunji, who is still looking sleepy. Eunji nodded with a smile. "Go and freshen up. Let's get together," she said with a smile. Eunji again nodded and looked at Key; he didn't look at her because he was busy arranging the table for breakfast.

During breakfast, Eunji noticed how Key was so good and close with Minho; they were laughing and teasing each other. That day, after breakfast, Key went to work after cleaning the kitchen and helping Halmeoni with her medicine. Eunji spent the rest of the day arranging her things on her side of the room. Her parents called her to know how she was in her new home; after talking to them, Eunji thought to call her bandmates, but after hesitation, she dropped the idea because she knew that they were still angry with her for the marriage; they didn't come for her wedding either.

In the evening, Key came back from his work, spoke with Halmeoni, and started preparing dinner. When dinner was ready, Halmeoni called Eunji; then after dinner, he did all the other work all by himself. Eunji was surprised by the fact that he didn't expect her to do any work and felt happy too.

Eunji was looking at Key, who was helping Halmeoni with her medicine and reading a book for her before she went to sleep. Once Halmeoni slept off, Key came back to the room, finished his regular skincare routine, and lied on his side of the bed. He didn't care or tell Eunji to switch off the lights; instead, he took out his eye cover.

"Good Night," Eunji said after he lied on his side of the bed.

Key turned to her voice, and after a moment of thought, "Good Night," he said. That was the only word he spoke to her that day.

The next day, Eunji also got up to go to her practise room to see her bandmates. That morning also, Key didn't ask her to help him with his household work and also didn't stop her when he said about her plan. Both got down from the house together , "Do you want me to drop you?" He asked her in the elevator.

Eunji was surprised by his offer, "It's okay... I will go by myself," she said.

Key nodded. "Ah, this is..." He took an envelope out and gave it to her. "For you," he said. Eunji got it and opened it; it has money. "Your monthly allowance," he said.

Eunji nodded and took a look at the money. "But it is not..." She hesitated.

"I will divide and give you the money every Monday," he said.

Eunji nodded and raised her eyebrows for his idea. Now she can get money throughout the month; usually she spends her pocket money so quickly that at the end of the month she will be penniless, but she can have money throughout the month.

Yang Yoseob stopped singing when Eunji entered the practice room. Eunji smiled at them but they turned away. Eunji knows that she won't be welcomed happily by them, so she casually started to talk.

"Why did you come here?" Yang Yoseob asked in an angry tone, "To tell us that you are quitting?" He asked.

"Aniyo..." Eunji quickly shook her head.

"Oh, to tell us that you are going on your honeymoon?" Lee Tae Sung asked sarcastically.

Eunji felt bad. "Aniyo, listen to me," she started.

"Eunji..." Yang Yoseob interrupted her, "Just tell us directly that you want to quit." He said.

Eunji got angry and said, "I'm not quitting... I will be with you guys always. Why can't you understand me?" She shouted in anger.

"Eunji, the hard truth is better than lies," Kim Ji Eun  said with her head hung low in a low voice. Others didn‘t reply to her and stood silent. Frustrated, Eunji left the place. But after she came out, tears rolled down her face as she thought of her bandmates‘ behaviour. She needed to talk with someone and share her thoughts about this marriage, so she went home to see her parents.

"Eunji-yah..." Her parents welcomed her happily, which made Eunji feel better, but that didn‘t last for long.

"Where is Kim Seobang?" Song Yun Ah asked.

"Did you come to here alone?" Jung Dong Il asked next.

"Dae, I came alone..." Eunji started; her eomma shook her head in disappointment.

"Did you inform him that you were coming here?" Jung Dong Il asked, as he also fails to hide his disappointment.

"Ani..." Eunji shook her head.

Song Yun Ah let a sign out and looked at Eunji. "Eunji-yah, you should not come here alone." She said.

"Wae?" Eunji asked in confusion.

"You are married now."

"So what? Is this not my home anymore?" Eunji asked, "Can’t I come here whenever I want?" Eunji asked in a disappointed tone.

"It is not like that, Eunji-yah." Jung Dong Il said, "Now you are married, so if you come here with your husband, we will be happy." He said and smiled.

"Wait, are you not happy to see me now?" Eunji asked, pointing at her parents.

"Eunji, now that you are married, you should go or do anything after informing your husband." Song  Yun Ah said.

"Wae? Why should I need his permission?" Eunji asked in a loud tone.

"Because he is your husband and head of your family now," Song Yun Ah said in a loud tone.

"Is this still the joseon era?" Eunji asked angrily, "I'm not his slave." She shouted at them in anger.

"Eunji-yah..." Song Yun Ah shouted back angrily.

Jung Dong Il tried to calm them down his wife and turn to Eunji, "Aegi, it's okay. Come in. Appa will make you delicious." He said as he took her in but stopped when Eunji interrupted her.

Again and again hearing words about her marriage and husband made Eunji get irritated and angry. "Andwae," Eunji said, looking at her eomma, "I'm leaving." She walked out.

Jung Dong Il noticed her disappointment and tried to stop her and ask her to join them for lunch, but still Eunji walked out without listening to him.

Like usual, Key came back home in the evening and did his usual routine. Key thought like the previous day, Eunji will wish him "Good Night," so he can start the conversation, but as her day was really bad, Eunji was sitting on her side of the bed and thinking of her bad day.

"Good Night," Key said to start the conversation. Eunji looked at him and nodded her head. He understood that she is sad but didn‘t ask about it as he didn't want to interfere in her issue.

"Tomorrow I want to meet your bandmates," he said next.

"Wae?" Eunji asked with her eyebrows raised.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter