Mission get Irene a bae (on hold)

Irene gives a second chance to Yeri
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene couldn't process anything that happened for the next minute. One moment they were arguing and the next minute they were on the verge of kissing. She almost fell back on the bed when she felt Wendy's entire weight on her.

 

“Wendy,” She whispered, her arms holding the latter against her body. She didn't realize how cold the room was before their bodies got flushed together and it hit her that the younger girl was burning.

 

“I…feel so lightheaded,” stammered the younger girl, clutching Irene's blouse tightly to support herself.

 

She turned their positions and made the younger girl sit on the bed to see sweat all over her face with her eyes struggling to stay open. “Her medicine must be highly sedated,” mumbling to herself she made the younger girl lie down and within a few minutes she was fast asleep.

 

She sat next to the sleeping girl, staring at her face, flushed face to be precise. She rummaged through the drawer and grabbed a thermometer to check her temperature. “Well, at least it went down a couple of degrees,” she shook her head upon seeing the younger girl's temperature still being above a hundred degrees.

 

She stood up and walked over to the bathroom, grabbing a towel and some cold water. She put the wet cloth on the younger girl's forehead to lower down her temperature. The only response from the CEO was a deep sigh before she went back to sleeping soundly.

 

She took a deep breath and slouched her shoulders, her mind replaying their entire exchange in her head again and again. It shouldn't have gone that far to make the sleeping girl agitated that her fever started to act up again. At least, it made it clear that she was in no condition to go to work the next day.

 

She replaced the wet cloth on her forehead and went back to thinking about their argument. She felt disappointed in herself for not recognizing her emotions to the point that Wendy had to spell it out for her that she was jealous. She tried to deny it in her head but it was of no avail. She felt a burning sensation in her heart everytime she witnessed Wendy and Seulgi getting close to each other. She wouldn't feel jealous out of blue if she didn't harbor feelings for the younger girl.

 

Wendy was right, they had crossed that line the moment their lips met the next morning with no influence of alcohol whatsoever. It was right there for her to see that she was attracted to that stranger and she wanted to know more of her. Only if she knew that her interest was going to come back and bite her in the back.

 

She couldn't comprehend her feelings fully. Wendy was telling her that it's not only her feeling like this, that she's drawn to her as much as she is and she wants things to work but the alarms in her mind kept going off. She was afraid of the outcome, terrified about Wendy realizing that it was indeed some physical attraction and not romantic feelings. If she allowed Wendy to continue doing this she feared that she might get too attached, she didn't want that and she couldn't afford to fall for someone like Wendy.

 

Wendy is still young and so is she. Both of them can have a change of heart and one day realize that those feelings were a phase, nothing more. It doesn't leave them in a good situation, with them being co-workers it brought even more fear, knowing that this thing between them was forbidden and both of them could be in a lot of trouble if someone figures out everything that went down between them.

 

Removing the wet towel from Wendy's forehead, she was relieved that she was no longer burning. She checked the time to see that it was already midnight. Her heart kept telling her to stay and take care of the CEO until she was fully well but she knew she had to leave and start building a wall around them, to move on it was necessary.

 

She spared the sleeping girl one last glance before she walked out of the room with a heavy heart.

 

“Unnie, where have you been?” exclaimed Yeri as soon as she stepped inside their apartment.

 

“Nothing…work was hectic today,” she muttered and made her way to her room feeling drained, both physically and emotionally.

 

“Did you eat? I still have some takeout leftovers,” asked Yeri as she leaned against the door to her bedroom.

 

“I'm not hungry, managed to eat something here and there,” she muttered, grabbing fresh clothes from her wardrobe.

 

“Is everything alright? Did that CEO give you a hard time at work? I can teach her a lesson,” Yeri came closer, skeptical of that gloomy look on her face.

 

“I'm just tired and I don't think you can do something to her considering that I work for her and she can fire me,” she snorted and ruffled her sister's hair before she stepped inside the bathroom to take a shower.

 

She sat on her bed shaking her head, it felt like an appropriate ending for them. An ending to a story that never got past the first chapter. It was truly their last conversation as mere strangers who got into something they shouldn't have.

 

She ran her fingers through the wet locks of her hair, still feeling conflicted. She never had any bad relationship experiences. All of them ended mutually but all of them were with people like her not someone from a well-off family and they started like relationships are supposed to start, not like what happened with her and Wendy.

 

“Stop thinking about it,” muttering to herself, she turned off the lights, laying down to put the events of the entire day behind her.

 

(...)

 

“I'll go through all these options and then we'll decide,” Wendy announced, hearing affirmative responses from the rest of the department. “You're all dismissed,” she waited for everyone to disappear from the screen before she closed her laptop and removed her blazer.

 

She thought she'll be fit enough to go to work the next day but she woke up feeling not much better and made the decision of calling it sick to work and decided to work from home.

 

“Tch,” she huffed in annoyance seeing the dishes from the previous night on the kitchen counter. The disappointment of waking up alone washed her all over again. She really expected her to stay the night only to be proven wrong in the morning.

 

She groggily walked over to the counter and grabbed the dishes, putting them in the sink. She had a lot of time before her second and last meeting of the day so she came downstairs to cook something for herself.

 

“Son Seungwan you stupid idiot!” Wendy cursed out loud, smacking herself in the head remembering her words from the previous night. “Who in their right mind would ask that to someone who is already skeptical about the entire relationship being based on physical attraction?” She whined as she washed the dishes.

 

“But why is she being so irrational? It's not that difficult to give it a try. Who cares if I am her boss and she's my secretary? I didn't know she was my secretary when we did that,” she mumbled, talking to herself and grabbed a pot from the cabinet, filling it with water before she put it on the stove.

 

“Out of all people, she decided to get jealous of Seulgi! I would rather hang myself than imagine myself seeing her as a romantic interest. That's my sister!” Rambling to herself she sat on the counter after putting all the necessary ingredients for the broth in the pot.

 

“It's not rocket science. I like her and she definitely feels something too,” she concluded and pondered over Irene's words from the previous night.

 

She understood the concerns of the older girl and could see where she was coming from. She acknowledged the fact that the root of these feelings was indeed that one night stand and there was a huge possibility that she wouldn't see Irene as something more than her secretary if it wasn't for that night but that night happend and feelings developed.

 

They wouldn't know if their feelings were actually feelings or just physical attraction if they don't explore them. She was sure the older girl was going to avoid her at work to build a wall around them but there was no way she was going to let that happen. They say temptation is human's ultimate weakness and the older girl clearly has a history of giving into temptation considering the amount of times she has initiated things between them.

 

It made sense she was scared of everything that was happening because her career was on the line because of t

Please log in to read the full chapter