Yerim and cupid (scratch that)

Irene gives a second chance to Yeri
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene observed the way the CEO's gaze flickered toward her neck and stayed on it before it travelled further low. She gasped, feeling Wendy's hand rest on her waist as the CEO caresses the barely visible marks on her neck.

 

“It's been a week and they are still there. Seems like I did a great job here,” asked the CEO as she flickered her gaze toward her eyes and raised her eyebrow smugly before she looked down at her chest and smirked, “And down there.”

 

Widening her eyes Irene pushed the CEO by jerking her shoulder, “You ert.” She couldn't succeed in getting away from the younger girl because she grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pulled her until she was practically on her lap.

 

“Secretary Bae, should I report you for being unprofessional with your boss during work hours?” questioned Wendy as she reached for the buttons of Irene's top.

 

“What are you doing?” Irene stammered, regretting the thought process that went through her brain that urged her to tease the younger girl.

 

“Wasn't it you who asked me to do something about the marks I left you with? Wendy deadpanned and buttoned the open buttons of her shirt. “I told you that night that I don't like sharing Bae,” breathed Wendy refusing to give those chocolate brown eyes rest that was staring down Irene's soul.

 

Irene squinted her eyes trying to understand the younger girl but it was difficult to think of anything else with those eyes staring her down like they were ready to ravish her. She could feel her knees giving up on her and if it wasn't for them sitting inside a car, she would've surely fallen.

 

“Ms. Shon, I think we have arrived,” Irene stuttered and let out a sigh of relief after hearing the knock on the window. The CEO didn't do much and grabbed her things before she got out of the car first and headed toward the entrance with a flustered Irene behind.

 

Irene quietly followed the CEO as they made their way to the elevator. She watched as the younger girl scratched the back of her neck before she faced her with a grim expression, “I need information on all the senior staff working in the operations department,” commanded Wendy.

 

It was a good way to distract herself from everything that occurred earlier because half an hour later she was knocking on Wendy's office door.

 

“Come in,” Wendy answered as Irene stepped inside to see the CEO very much occupied with the reports that were scattered around her working desk.

 

“Ms. Shon the information you asked for has been compiled and I have sent you a soft copy. Do you want me to print out a hardcopy too?” she asked as she waited for the younger girl to reply.

 

Wendy looked up from the report she was reading and looked at her monitor. The CEO was so immersed in her work that she didn't even realize that Irene was ogling at her arms.

 

“That'll be all. You're dismissed,” Wendy mumbled and went back to paying attention to the reports that were on the table as Irene did a quick bow before she walked out.

 

On the way back to her apartment, she kept wondering during the drive about Wendy bringing up their conversation from the club. She thought that the younger girl had put that night behind her and was focusing on maintaining a professional relationship with her but her actions today proved otherwise.

 

She couldn't shake the image of Wendy eyeing her marks like she was reminiscing about leaving those marks on Irene's skin. At that moment, it struck her as she widened her eyes when the realization hit her.

 

Wendy was buttoning up her shirt to cover up the exposed skin that she had marked because she didn't want anyone else to look at her skin except herself.

 

She felt warmth spreading across her face as she struggled to keep her attention on the road after discovering the newly found information.

 

She was honestly considering, burying the attraction she felt for the CEO after discovering the situation they were both in but it seemed like the CEO had no plans of letting go if that night, that meant the younger girl was also having a hard time getting rid of the memories of everything that went down between them.

 

She knew it was a dangerous territory, considering her contract and the fact that Wendy was literally her boss but she was hesitant to let go of that lingering attraction too early. 

 

“Yeah I'm coming out,” Yeri mumbled hurriedly on her phone as Irene stepped inside the apartment. Her sister looked at her and grabbed her stuff before she announced, “Unnie, I'm heading out for the firework festival with my friends.”

 

“Stay safe and tell Joy to drive safely,” Irene warned, eyeing her sister who simply nodded before she walked out of the apartment.

 

She didn't have the heart to deprive her sister of having fun because despite being the goody two shoes of her family even she rebelled against her parents sometimes. 

 

Her sister played a huge part in convincing their parents to let them move to Seoul to continue their studies because she had secretly applied for a scholarship exam in Seoul. If it wasn't for her sister passing the scholarship exam for Yongsan International School, they would've probably stayed in Daegu.

 

It's not like both of them have forgotten their roots because they communicate a lot with their parents and even go back home for a couple of weeks during their holidays. 

 

It all ties back to her work because if it wasn't for her working with Son Holdings their lives would've been fairly different now. It's one of the reasons why she gives her all toward the company because the company has given her a lot in just four years and it might be giving her more in the form of a certain baby-faces CEO.

 

(...)

 

“!” cursed Wendy under her breath as she buried her face in her pillows. She sat up and wiped the sweat forming on her forehead before she reached out for the air conditioner remote and lowered the temperature.

 

She ruffled her hair in frustration because she should be asleep instead she was pondering over the exchange with Irene in the car.

 

She remembered those hands on her thighs, that scent making her head spin, that exposed skin tempting her and that seductive voice luring her in.

 

At that moment, she truly forgot the resolve she had put up to avoid the evident attraction she had developed for the older girl.

 

She has been in a couple of serious relationships before she came across the goddess at the bar who stole her drink. She wasn't kidding when she told Irene that she was an exception because never in her life she thought she would be down to spend a night with a stranger she just met.

 

She had spent the entire week trying to come up with a solution to put those encounters with Irene behind and move on in order to work with her and it seemed like she was doing a good job. 

 

But in reality, she wasn't. She had never felt so on edge before than she has ever since she crossed paths with Irene. Everytime she found herself near her secretary, it was an inner battle with herself to not let those flashbacks overpower her rational thoughts.

 

It was the same case inside that car with Irene so close to her that it made her want to just drop everything and do everything she did that night but in a more sober state. She felt her imagination running wild, envisioning them in a much more desperate state than they were that night.

 

She didn't get to figure out if Irene was being serious or if was she doing it to . Her mind just figured out that it was the latter so she grabbed the collar of her secretary's shirt and examined the marks, proud of herself for leaving them on the skin of such a gorgeous woman

before she buttoned one of the opened buttons.

 

It seemed like the right thing to do because she felt the sudden surge of possessiveness bubble inside her when the thought of other people seeing that skin crossed her mind. She felt like it was meant to be seen by her and only her. 

 

Only if Irene saw how her hands were shaking while she was buttoning the shirt instead of locking eyes with her she would've known that her entire body was fighting the urge to tangle her hands in those long raven locks of her hair and smash their lips together. If it wasn't for the knock, she would've surely kissed her.

 

She felt both grateful and annoyed at the driver for knocking. Grateful because she didn't want to look that desperate just a week after working with Irene even though she was annoyed because Irene's lips looked a little too kissable and not being able to kiss them made her feel irritated.

 

In her mind, it's just an attraction developed due to the situation they are in because she doesn't know Irene besides the fact that got indulged in an intimate series of passionate encounters in the

Please log in to read the full chapter