Yeri is a cupid (kind off)

Irene gives a second chance to Yeri
Please log in to read the full chapter

Settling on the couch in the living room of the apartment that she and her sister shared. Yeri crossed her legs with a bowl of popcorn in her lap, grabbing the remote, she began browsing through the Netflix catalog to find something to watch.

 

It was the beginning of her semester break which meant she had all the time in the world for the upcoming 2 months until hell's break loose again and she goes back to questioning her existence every single day of her life.

 

From the corner of her eyes, she spotted her sister, Irene, sitting on the kitchen stool with her laptop placed on the countertop. Blinking in annoyance, she thought how everytime she sees her sister somehow she's always surrounded by her office work.

 

“Do you even have a life outside that laptop?” scoffed Yeri, lowkey impressed by the fact that someone could be that dedicated to their job but she wouldn't say that out loud, or else her sister would become even more obsessed with her work.

 

“This same laptop pays the rent and puts food into your stomach,” her sister snarled, clearly not in the mood to get called out for simply doing her job.

 

Yeri rolled her eyes as she put a handful of popcorn into . Her older sister, Irene, had no life outside of that 20-floor building and her laptop. “Geez! You have become so stingy, you need to get laid,” muttered Yeri, audible enough for her sister to hear and glare at her.

 

“Just because I have job doesn't mean I haven't done things people at my age do,” Irene snorted, offended at the fact that her sister still thinks of a loser that haven't managed to get laid her entire life when in reality it's been just three years since she last did.

 

“Unnie,” Yeri whined, stuffing with more popcorn. “When was the last time you went out?” asked Yeri, her beloved Netflix series The Crown long forgotten in the background.

 

“I went to Busan with the Board of Directors to inaugurate the hotel that's part of our company's latest hotel chain that they are planning to launch all across the country,” Irene stated, her fingers swiftly maneuvering over the keys as she didn't even bother to lift her gaze this time and focused on getting her work done.

 

“You sound like you're briefing someone,” snorted Yeri as she ran her fingers through her hair, frustrated about the fact that her sister had no life outside of her work.

 

“It is a part of my briefing,” Irene muttered, scratching the back of her neck after the realization hit her. “The current CEO is finally retiring and someone is replacing him. I have been given the role to guide the new CEO for their first couple of days in the company,” she explained.

 

Yeri opened to stop her because she doesn't want to hear her sister sharing her work-related tasks at home but the ringing of her phone stopped her from doing so.

 

“Yeri!” Joy squealed in excitement, almost blowing off Yeri's poor eardrums.

 

“You seem excited,” muttered Yeri after she lowered the volume of her phone.

 

“Do you remember the club where we once sneaked into and the manager ended up taking us in as servers because they were short-staffed that night?” Joy asked.

 

“That one—oh yeah,” Yeri widened her eyes in horror because how can she forget that she was about to go to jail if it wasn't for Joy's negotiating skills.

 

“I got the VIP passes from that manager and a worker told me that there is gonna be a party there arranged by someone who is a member of the elite class. That means the food and the drinks probably will be under their tab. This could be the best party of our life!” screamed Joy once again.

 

Yeri looked toward her sister and then considered Joy's offer. Suddenly the light bulb about her head glowed and a grin appeared on her face.

 

“Can I bring company?” she asked, mentally hailing herself for being the genius she is.

 

“I'm sure we can manage to sneak people in,” Joy shrugged. “So, you're coming,” asked the older girl for confirmation.

 

“It's on,” Yeri affirmed.

 

She knew the exact thing that would add some spice to her sister's life. Irene had been single for what felt like an eternity, and Yerim couldn't help but think it was high time for someone to shake up some things and make Irene's life more interesting.

 

She knew the situation was a little absurd but her sister needs to get a life instead of dreaming of marrying that laptop of hers. With a mischievous grin spreading across her face, Yerim declared herself the ultimate cupid in Irene's life.

 

Yeri pondered as she conjured up an elaborate plan in her mind to ensure that Irene falls right into her trap.

 

“Irene unnie, Joy is holding a dinner party tonight and she has invited you,” Yeri announced.

 

“I still have to complete this,” Irene sighed, not proud of her progress.

 

“It's Saturday and I am sure you're diligent enough to complete this tomorrow. I want you to have some fine too so please,” Yeri hates retorting to this, but sometimes to gain something you have to lose something, so she bats her eyelashes innocently and pouts.

 

“Fine,” groaned Irene, thinking it was not too bad to go out since she has completed more than half of her briefing. She can finish it early int he morning and then have the entire day to herself.

 

(...)

 

Yeri nervously fidgeted with her fingers when Irene looked around the area as she slowly parked her car. Her sister was furrowing her brows and that meant that she had her doubts.

 

She should've chosen a better excuse to drag her along because the entire area looked like it would cost someone fortunes to arrange a dinner party in the most elite society of Seoul.

 

Yeri pretended to look away when her sister looked to her side, scrunching her nose in a combination of confusion and irritation as she scanned her outfit from head to toe. She knew for a fact her sister had doubts regarding the outfit.

 

“Are you sure this is the place?” Irene raised her brow looking at the neon signs outside the futuristic-looking place.

 

“I'm sure that's the place,” looking away Yeri answered, trying to think of a way to make sure Irene steps inside the club and doesn't dare to leave until she gets dead drunk.

 

Irene shrugged and followed Yeri until her eyes fell on Joy, who was even more dressed than Yeri and now she was skeptical about the entire 'dinner party'.

 

“You brought Irene unnie along too,” Joy clapped excitedly. “I gave them the passes and they told me it was allowed to bring a plus one. I didn't expect Irene unnie to be the type I'd see at a club,” said the enthusiastic girl.

 

Yeri widened her eyes as the realization dawned upon Irene. “Idiot! She was not supposed to know that,” exclaimed Yeri as she looked at her sister who was already looking like she was about to give her a beating of life, and just when she thought her plan had failed she remembered that the keys of the car were inside her sister's purse.

 

“Joy, run inside!” snatching the purse from her sister, she made a run for the entrance as Joy followed and all she could hear was her sister screaming out her name in pure anger before her voice got replaced by loud music.

 

“How was I supposed to know that you were fooling her?” Joy complained, breathless.

 

“You should try to read the room unnie. Here I am trying to get my sister a life outside of work and you almost ruined that,” Yeri huffed looking at the purse she was clutching.

 

“How are you so sure that she'll come inside to take that purse? And even more sure that she'll stay?” Joy questioned as they walked further into the club to get away from Irene.

 

“The purse has the car keys. She wouldn't leave the car here and she knows that there is a huge possibility that we will be drunk driving so she'll stay,” Yeri replied after catching her breath. 

 

“I have done my job. We should focus on partying. I am sure by the end of the night all of us would be satisfied,” she pointed toward the bar to which Joy nodded.

 

(...)

 

Inside the club, Irene cursed under her breath gulping down her third glass of alcohol for the night. It's been a couple of hours since her sister snatched her purse and ran away.

 

She should've known that Yeri was up to no good when she saw her dressing up like that. She did argue with her saying that dressing up like that to a dinner party was too over the top but it's not like her sister was going to listen to her.

 

She had entered the place confused as to why Yeri wanted her to go to a nightclub. She felt her head pounding as soon as the smell of alcohol invaded her nose, her heart throbbed with every beat of the music, and she could b

Please log in to read the full chapter