Seulgi, Joy and the chaos (Jealousy)

Irene gives a second chance to Yeri
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sitting beside Seulgi in the guest room bed, Wendy got off the phone after she had called a doctor to ask about Seulgi's forehead bump. “He said it'll go back to normal in a day. He also recommended ointment and to ice it with an ice pack.” 

 

It didn't take long for her to go downstairs to grab an ice pack before she made her way back upstairs and pressed it gently against Seulgi's forehead.

 

“You didn't apply ointment,” Seulgi pointed out.

 

“Irene applied it already. I saw it in her hand,” she muttered, not paying much attention to Seulgi's words and kept her focus on her forehead.

 

She lifted her gaze to see Seulgi's judgemental gaze fixed on her. She gulped and scratched the back of her neck feeling awkward with the way Seulgi's gaze refused to leave her face.

 

“Really! with your secretary,” exclaimed Seulgi. 

 

“I didn't know she was my secretary until the day you decided it was a good idea to wake me up by pouring a jug of cold water on me,” she snorted and removed the ice pack from Seulgi's forehead, relieved to find out that the redness was pretty much gone.

 

“But you said you don't do casual ,” Seulgi reminded her. They opened up a lot about themselves and their preferences during the countless calls they shared while being away from each other.

 

“I don't,” answered Wendy truthfully. “It just happened, we were drunk and the next thing we knew we were already kissing, then one thing led to another,” she summarised.

 

“You're comfortable with still working close to her,” Seulgi asked.

 

“Honestly, she's one of the main reasons I haven't messed up yet,” Wendy admitted. “She used to be dad's personal assistant too and trust me there are some things she does better than me. It shows that she was trained by father himself,” she claimed.

 

Seulgi remained silent for some time before she grabbed Wendy's hand and put it on her lap. “There are some strings attached aren't they,” concluded Seulgi.

 

Wendy sighed and took a deep breath, unable to deny her friend. She opened to answer but she couldn't think of any precise word to put a name to the bond that was forming between her and Irene. 

“I tried to maintain distance and keep things professional but I just can't, there is something else beside the infatuation,” she admitted. There is no point in hiding things from the person that has been her pillar since childhood. If there is a person that knows her better, it's Seulgi.

 

“Do you want me to come with you tomorrow and maybe I can see it for myself if it's just an attraction or something more?” Seulgi offered.

 

“You would do that?” asked Wendy to which Seulgi nodded.

 

“Why not?” Seulgi shrugged. “I gotta see the girl that had my Wannie like this,” she teased.

 

“Shut up,” Wendy rolled her eyes and got up from the bed and looked at the clock to see it was already nearing three in the morning.

 

“Get some sleep Seul,” She ruffled Seulgi's hair and made her way to her bedroom to get some sleep.

 

Restless, she made her way to the balcony to get some fresh air. She looked at the serene night sky, her thoughts consumed by all those encounters with Irene. 

 

She tried convincing herself that it was probably just an attraction to the passionate night they shared but she wasn't sure anymore.

 

Suddenly, she felt worried if she had offended Irene. She knows that may have gone overboard with the way she confronted Irene's sister but she couldn't be blamed for that small outburst after being disturbed at one in the morning only to find out that her only best friend got into an accident and then discovering the even more crazier part that not only did her best friend got into a crash that wasn't her fault she also got jumped by those maniacs.

 

She just hopes that Irene didn't feel offended by her remarks because honestly it's not like she lied. They did have a go at it that night multiple times until tiredness took over them and they couldn't continue. Irene did end up turning the tables the next morning so she thinks that the score is settled between them.

 

She'll have to see it tomorrow to know if Irene felt hurt or not and then she'll have to think of something to make it up to her. It didn't even come to her mind that she was so worried about upsetting Irene.

 

(...)

 

“Unnie you slept with someone!”

 

“She had with her CEO!”

 

“Can you stop saying that word!”

 

Irene sighed and massaged her head. She desperately wished that the younger girl was there so she could choke her for putting her in this kind of situation.

 

She knew for a fact that her sister and her friends wouldn't let her live in peace after that, all because the CEO had some profound attachment with that best friends of hers that she didn't hesitate to do that.

 

“I thought you went home,” Yeri muttered as she eyed her sister.

 

“I would've if somebody didn't snatch my car keys. I couldn't even hail a cab because my wallet was inside the car,” Irene complained, glaring at both of them. 

 

“So, you just thought it was a good idea to sleep with your boss,” Joy scoffed.

 

“I didn't know she was my boss!” reasoned Irene. “And I'm a grown adult, I can sleep with whoever I want,” she added.

 

“So you're saying you're down to sleep with her again,” Yeri asked with shock written all over her face.

 

Irene gulped as her mind went to the next morning; she couldn't control her desires and repeated what she did the previous night, the only difference being the fact that this time she was sober and in control.

 

“I mean she's fine,” Joy spoke up first.

 

“What! That clown with those puppy slippers screams attractive to you,” Yeri huffed in annoyance.

 

“You expect her to show in a three piece tuxedo to pick up that dumb friend of hers at one in the morning,” Joy argued.

 

Irene blinked, a look of annoyance settling into her face as she felt unsettling to see Joy defend her boss whom she has seen only once, “I get it she embarrassed you but even you know you're lying about her not being attractive.” She pointed out to which both of the girls looked at her with suspicion.

 

Irene shook her head, weirded about their judgemental gazes directed at her, “What!” She exclaimed. 

 

“Are you sure there is nothing going on between you and that CEO of yours?” Yeri asked as she crossed her arms, trying to intimidate her sister.

 

“I literally have a clause in my contract that relationships within the company are prohibited,” Irene fumed.

 

“Still you aren't denying anything about getting involved with her,” Joy pointed out.

Please log in to read the full chapter