War of Hormones (real)

Irene gives a second chance to Yeri
Please log in to read the full chapter

With heavy steps, almost stomps and a frown on her face Irene made her way toward her office cabin. She opened the door with her feet because her hands were occupied. 

 

“She's such a menace!,” Irene exclaimed sitting on her working desk. She slammed the dusty files on the desk and stared at them, muttering curses under her breath directed at the CEO as she rested her head on her desk.

 

She was utterly wrong about the fact that the baby-face. She genuinely didn't expect that her boss had it in her to make this place a living hell for her. 

 

In her defense, when Wendy pulled her by the waist and said those things, her mind had very much gone back to the haze she was trying to get rid off and didn't pay much attention because either she could pay attention to that shallow threat, which was in fact not shallow or she could stare at those lips from upclose once again. In the end it wasn't a hard decision to make.

 

It's been a week since Wendy introduced herself as the new CEO of Son Holdings. In Irene's words it's been a week since the impression of Wendy being a nice stranger who went down on her in an expensive hotel room instead of a club bathroom turned into her being the most annoying spawn of satan.

 

She thought the younger girl wasn't serious when she read that dumb list outloud but Irene soon realized that she was serious. 

 

Well for instance, the CEO already had the all-black wardrobe thing going on. Since she had been studying in Canada and only came back a month before the acquisition, people barely knew her and it helped her come off as a mysterious person.

 

She had her doubts about Wendy not being able to pull off the emotionless and ruthless front but she was doing a great job of doing so. Irene was very much impressed when she saw the younger girl slam an employee's desk with an incomplete report and yelled at him for not doing his job properly. If she hadn't seen the other side of Wendy, she would've believed that she was ruthless.

 

The only downside of this was that she herself wasn't spared from this. Wendy was giving her the tasks that could be done by any other intern in the company but she couldn't refute them because technically her contract did state that the role of a senior secretary was a much bigger responsibility than that of an intern or a manager.

 

“Secretary Bae, I need the reports on the first quarter expenses of Son Holdings along with the expenses of the company during the previous year,” Irene flinched and looked up to see Wendy towering above her. Her boss had grabbed one of the files from her desk and was going through it as she recovered from the sudden shock.

 

“I'm working on it Ms. Shon,” she mumbled and sat straight on her chair, eyeing the file in her boss's hands.

 

“By working you mean taking a nap,” Wendy pointed out, unimpressed as she put the file back on top of the pile. “We have a meeting with Park's after this and you're accompanying me there. So, you better hurry,” commanded the CEO as she walked away.

 

It took every single cell in her body to stop herself from pouncing on the younger girl as she walked back inside her office cabin. She threw several punches in the air and then took a deep breath to calm herself down.

 

Irene was done with preparing the spreadsheet Wendy asked for in an hour. She knocked and then entered her boss's office cabin to see the CEO immersed in her work. 

 

Wendy's entire focus was on the screen of her monitor with her finger typing swiftly on the keyboard. Irene stood near the door observing the younger girl in her serious mood. The sleeves of her black t-shirt were rolled up and the silky locks of her blonde hair were tied in a messy ponytail. She had an appealing charm surrounding her.

 

“Ms. Shon, the reports you asked for are ready,” Irene reported and put the file down on the CEO's desk. “I've also emailed you the digital copy of the reports,” she added.

 

Wendy blinked and looked up before she grabbed the reports from her desk and thoroughly examined them. Irene directed an eyebrow raise toward her because it seemed like the younger girl wanted to say something but she was hesitant.

 

“I'm not going to eat you,” Irene remarked and took a couple of steps further until her front was pressed against the wooden desk. “If there is something you want to ask then go ahead and ask.”

 

Scratching the back of her neck, Wendy refused to hold eye contact and gestured to Irene to look at her monitor screen. Irene walked around the desk and stood behind Wendy's chair to take a look at her monitor.

 

“These reports show the profit of Son Holdings in the first quarter of this year and the annual profit of last year,” summarized Irene as she looked at her boss who tilted her neck to look at her.

 

“I…don't know how to—you…know,” the distressed CEO motioned toward the reports Irene gave her and then to the reports she made. “Join them to get to the point,” she said in hopes of the fact that Irene understood.

 

Irene scrunched her nose as she eyed the latter for a few moments before she finally understood her boss's cause of distress. “You want to make a presentation out of this that highlights the growth of the company compared to last year,” she concluded.

 

“Yeah, whatever you said. I need to present the Park's with the reports that'll convince them to extend their contract with us as one of our head investors for another five years,” Wendy mumbled in a small voice. 

 

Irene's gaze softened upon seeing the CEO in her embarrassed state. She couldn't help but think of the younger girl as a kicked puppy. Unable to contain her sentiments of finding the younger girl adorable she threw her head back and let out a chuckle.

 

“You do know how to put that baby-face to work just not in the way I expected,” giggled Irene as she pulled Wendy's cheek.

 

“You…can't do this,” Wendy stammered. Her body betrayed her as her face turned red and warmth enveloped her cheeks.

 

“I can make the presentation. Send me the reports through email and I'll get to it,” Irene offered, her fingers still holding onto the soft skin of Wendy's cheek.

 

“But it's my job isn't it. I should be the one making it,” Wendy asked as a pout appeared on her face. 

 

“I'm your secretary. Anything that concerns you, concerns me too,” Irene replied, her tone a lot more softer than before.

 

“No,” Wendy shook her head. “Just because you're my secretary doesn't mean you have to do all my work. I should know how to do such things. Just teach me and I'll make it,” Wendy commanded firmly as she turned her chair to look at Irene.

 

“I thought you wanted to be mean to me and make my life here a living hell,” Irene asked smugly.

 

“I'll get back on it soon,” Wendy replied, rolling her eyes as she turned back to face her monitor. “Now, tell me how I should do this.”

 

Irene gulped. She has heard those words coming out from the same mouth before but the only difference was that instead of them being inside an office they were in a dimly lit hotel room, these innocent doe eyes were not so innocent as they mimicked a wolf looking down on his prey.

 

It reminded her of that hand inching closer and closer, making her entire body lurch in anticipation and then it stopped. In utter desperation, clouded by lust she opened her eyes to see a smirk greeting her and asking her the same question.

 

“Irene!” Wendy snapped her fingers bringing the girl out from her trance as she looked down to see her boss staring at her in confusion. “Are you seriously zoning out right now?

 

“So—sorry,” Irene apologized, embarrassed and taken aback by the sudden reminder of that night.

 

The CEO stood up from her chair and pushed her down to sit as stood behind her. “Show me,” ordered Wendy to which Irene nodded and started demonstrating.

 

“Don't you know how to make a presentation?” Irene muttered as the CEO got the hang of it.

 

“I wouldn't have graduated if I didn't. But making a presentation for the class is different from making one for recruiting potential investors. I'm not afraid to admit that you might know more about this than me because you have accompanied my dad in his meetings and have done this longer than me,” Wendy shrugged as she went back to continuing her work.

 

“I'll be taking my leave, Ms. Shon,” Irene announced and walked out of the room. She went to the restroom and splashed her face with some cold water before she step

Please log in to read the full chapter