and i’ve never seen someone lit from within, blurring out my periphery [excerpt]

seasons and weather
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin looked at her watch, surprised that she was early for the first time - she still had 40 minutes to spare before her first class, and of course, she might be early but she’s not that eager to be the first person in the room. To be honest, Jimin wasn’t early by choice, it's just that she didn’t have anything much to do and she just decided to just go to their university.

 

“Wow, so this is what it looks like being early here.” Jimin talked to herself, somehow seeing the hallways almost abandoned - it’s like a completely different place for her. She could see through some of the windows that most rooms are still empty.

 

She simply walked around the empty hallways, stopping near a vending machine to grab some quick caffeine. Jimin simply chose Cappuccino not because that’s her favorite but because she knows that the other choices would taste like cardboard. Tapping her fingers as she waits for her drink, she raises her head to focus on something. But the machine was not helping with all its whirring, she watched as her cup got filled with her drink of choice.

 

Carefully getting her drink, she closed her eyes to focus on the sound she was hearing - it was a subtle strumming of guitar. Without thinking, she followed the sound as she took careful sips from her coffee. She was then in front of a door that was slightly ajar, and she took a peek.

 

“Is this haunted?” Jimin whispered to herself, chuckling at her stupid thought. Deciding to just enter, she slid the door open quietly and it was just an empty classroom. Not a single chair nor table on sight, it was just the platform in front of their usual rooms. That was when she realized the strumming already stopped, and Jimin gulped.

 

Well, maybe it is haunted.

 

“Good morning.”

 

Jimin jumped in surprise, a little bit of her hot coffee spilling on her finger making her hiss in pain. “Ouch, oh my.” she said quickly putting the cup down on the window ledge near her. Shaking her left hand, as she saw how her finger was slightly turning red.

 

Looking up, she saw Minjeong standing right behind the door with a guitar leaning against the wall.

 

“Oh, it’s just you Minjeong.” Jimin said, and gave a soft smile. “And here I thought this room was haunted. I was so ready to talk to some spirit.” she joked, and yet the girl was looking at Jimin - specifically at her hand.

 

“You still joke when you’re hurt,” Minjeong points out, walking towards Jimin, looking at her hand. “May I?” she said, asking for permission in which Jimin just nodded.

 

And Minjeong didn’t ask twice as she gently grabbed Jimin’s hand, checking the burn that Jimin got. The first thing that Jimin noticed was that Minjeong’s hands were soft, really soft - but she could also feel that the girl was just playing the guitar. Based on the marks that were left by the strings.

 

The second thing she noticed was that Minjeong’s hand felt really familiar to her.

 

“I’m sorry, you got burned because of me.” Minjeong apologized, looking up and wow. Jimin was surprised how expressive the girl’s eyes were.

 

“Wow, you really look like a dog.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Jimin suddenly realized what she said, and immediately shook her head. Trying to change the subject, she cleared . “I mean, it’s no worries. This is not deadly, it’s just a simple burn!” she said, laughing awkwardly at herself.

 

Jimin saw how Minjeong looked from her hand, and then straight to Jimin’s eyes - and it’s not like Jimin couldn’t hold an eye contact. But the girl was looking at her intensely and Jimin just couldn’t handle that intensity.

 

“Let’s go to the restroom,” Minjeong finally said, stepping back from Jimin and gently holding her wrist. “Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter