under pearly moon, where poets choose their verse [excerpt]

seasons and weather
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

under pearly moon, where poets choose their verse

Minjeong was walking around with her maltese, the night sky upon them as they walked along the quiet neighborhood. She could see how most houses have a few lights on, she looked at the little one with its tail wagging as it sniffs around, Minjeong should’ve been by her bed by now.

 

Or, right in front of her desk as she thinks about what to pass in her literature writing class. But her pet decided that it was the best time to take a walk - which is why she’s there, her hands loosely holding the leash as she lets her maltese walk around. Lights from the streetlamp illuminate, as it shows the almost empty street.

 

Thinking that maybe, she could also use this to look for inspiration or just a simple breather - her own room not doing enough, nor the amount of books she tried starting just to have that single inspiration for her output. Looking at the time on her phone, she could see that it’s almost 10 in the evening.

 

That’s when she noticed how bright the moon was, the quietness surrounding the night sky making the moon shine brighter than ever - or maybe that was just Minjeong’s imagination. Her desperation to look for inspiration is showing, but she couldn’t deny it - the moon was especially bright that night.

 

But before she could admire it a bit more, she felt a strong tug and suddenly, her maltese ran away from her, the leash escaping from her hold. Minjeong muttered a quiet curse before calling her dog, “Mochi!”

 

Of course, the dog wouldn’t stop which is why she immediately ran after it. Calling it from time to time, hoping that it would stop. A quick turn to the right, Minjeong realized that Mochi was running towards the park. She immediately catches her breath, and she could see no one there given that it’s already late. Only a white fluff ball bouncing around, and running only to go towards the huge bushes.

 

“Mochi!” Minjeong hissed, loud enough to hear the stress in her voice but quiet enough not to bother some other people. “Don’t go there!” but she knows it’s too late because she could already hear her dog barking.

 

Minjeong quickly runs to where Mochi went, only to be surprised to see that somehow there’s a visible pathway through the bushes. She was not aware that there’s something beyond the bushes in their park, but she didn’t have much time to think about it when she heard another bark coming from her dog.

 

Moving away some branches, and following the path, Minjeong continues to call her dog. She didn’t expect for this to happen with their simple walk, already regretting her decision.

 

“Mochi, don’t expect new toys.” Minjeong said angrily, and as she looked up - Minjeong was left breathless. The quiet flow of the streaming water could be heard, looking around to see a huge lake in front of her. Cold air hitting her face, she could see the clean cut grass she’s stepping on and the huge trees on the other side of the lake.

 

The full moon lit up the place, and Minjeong could see its details - how some flowers were growing on the side - she couldn’t decipher it quite well, were those dandelions? Baby breaths? The clear water showed nothing but darkness, ironic but she could tell that it’s not shallow - and then the crickets that she could greatly hear which was followed by bark.

 

That’s when she remembered why she was there in the first place, making her frown. Minjeong quickly whips her head to the left, about to call her pet only for her words to be stuck in .

 

And moonlight can greatly play odd tricks on anyone, odd enough to elicit certain emotions from people seeing it. Because right there, was her dog playing with someone - a girl. Raven black hair cascading down way past her shoulders, all in contrast with her white d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter