Japan(2)

New Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter woke up to the smell of waffles.

She looked around and remembered that she was in Japan.

 

The curtains were still closed, so she checked the time on the clock beside the bedside table and saw that it was still too early, making her frown.

 

 

 

4:37 AM

 

 

 

Who the hell is cooking waffles this early? 

 

 

Oh, right. There's only one person I know who cooks waffles when they are in distress.

 

 

 

 

 


Curious about what the person was doing in the kitchen, she decided to wake up fully, she sat up carefully not to disturb the sleeping kid on the other side of the bed, then stood up not before fixing the comforter on her little sister.

 

 

 

She then walked and closed their bedroom door silently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Before she can even step into the kitchen Ryujin was already looking at her.

 

 

 


"You're doing it again."

 

 

 

 


Winter stopped in her tracks and only looked at her best friend who was eating the waffle she made.

 

 

"I cooked for four people. You can eat yours now if you want." 

 

 

 

 

 

Ryujin smiled and made a hand gesture for her to sit down on the chair beside her. Ryujin didn't have to ask twice. 

 

 

 

 

Winter sat down and watched her best friend finish her last bite, Waiting for her to talk first. After a minute of silence, Ryujin finally decided to break it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"They are here."


Ryujin said after drinking her milk, winter stopped cutting her waffle and look at Ryujin in question.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"They? Who are you talking about?"

 

 

 

 

 

 


Ryujin then sighed and looked at Winter seriously.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Yeji and Karina."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Oh." Winter looks back at her blankly.

"And how did you know that?" 

 

 

 

 

 


Ryujin sighs again and scratch her head, thinking about what her cousin told her before they go to bed.

 

 


"My dear cousin told me about it. We were talking about her other friend that will have a swimming competition here. She mentioned it back home that's why she insisted on coming with you guys, but I never heard her friend's name before so I thought it was no connection to people we are avoiding but then she dropped the bomb last night." 

 

 

 

 

Ryujin took a deep breath before continuing. Winter just listened patiently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So this friend of hers named Danielle is Yeji's cousin." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Winter's eyes widened, mouth agape.

She let Ryujin continue talking,  nodding her head.

 

 

 

 

 

"Danielle is part of the swimming club with minji. So yeah, both of their guardians are those two."

 

 

 

 


"Hanni didn't tell me her real intention though. I thought she wants to watch Haerin play for the first time but she's here for minji.

I already scolded her about it last night, that it can hurt Haerin's feelings to know her reason." 

 

 

 

Winter nodded acknowledging what Ryujin said and thanking her for thinking about her sister's feelings. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, they are both here huh?" Winter asked absent-mindedly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah."

 

 

 

 

"Didn't expect minji to be part of the swimming team. Just like her."

 

Ryujin nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, Do you think minji will remember you?"

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't think so? she was around Hanni's age at that time and I only visited their house two times. I only met her once, the second and last time."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So she saw you begged?"

Ryujin looked at her best friend sadly, who was in deep thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"No, she saw me after I cried and begged."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you ready to meet her again, win?"


Ryujin worriedly looks at her, time may pass by but she's sure the scar is still fresh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, I already forgave her and I moved on already. I think it's time to stop avoiding them." Winter smiled weakly

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I'm sure she's happy with Jeno now."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Their talk was interrupted when they heard footsteps then Hanni appeared,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter