Unexpected Situation in Unexpected Business

Song Ji Hyo and Jo In Sung Imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a prompt I had thought while I was making myself fall asleep last night. I hope you like it!

*****

Song Ji Hyo's POV

"Wait, we're going to eat here?" I asked Chandler, a British guy I met during my visit here in the States. This is the second of the 4-day vacation (well not a vacation because I came here for work-related) when I agreed to have dinner with him. I met him at a cafe downtown. The cafe I visited is famous for both tourists and locals and so he asked if I could share my table with him when he visited the said cafe.

 

I thought we're just going to mind each other's own business but he started talking to me and I found myself enjoying the conversation. It turns out, he's here to visit his sister, who's currently finishing her college degree. 

 

"Yeah, I heard Korean people are managing this," he said, innocently.

 

Certainly, it is. I said in my mind. Because what in the world? He brought me to the filming location of Unexpected Business 3! Damn it!

 

"Can't we, can't we go other places?" I asked, "You know, I think they're filming. I think this is for a show," I continued, hoping I could convince him.

 

"Oh don't you like it here?" he gently said, which made me feel bad because he was the one who chose the location.

 

"No, of course not! I--" I hesitated. I looked at what I'm currently wearing: a long sleeveless dress, but because it's windy, Chandler gave me his sweater for me to wear. I'm also wearing a cap and I brought a facemask which I'm so thankful I brought because now, I can use it as a disguise.

 

"You know what, it's okay. This is fine. But do you want us to eat what we're going to order in your place?" I boldly suggested. We cannot have our dinner, at all cost. Chandler looked at me amused, then smirked. 

 

"If you say so," he said then laughed. 

 

"I'm usually not this bold," I said, defensively.

 

"I didn't say anything," he said, clearly teasing me. I rolled my eyes. With that, I wore my facemask and we entered the place.

 

Jo In Sung's POV

Tae Hyun hyung, Kwang Soo, Hyo Joo, Boyoung, and I are currently watching our customers eat while waiting for others to come inside. I think this is our 3rd day already and although it's fun to do this, I'm still adjusting to the fact that we're doing this outside Korea. Hyo Joo, is a big help since she's multilingual, she's been the one interacting with the customers for the past few days.

 

Boyoung and Kwang Soo are also a big help in assisting us. It's a shame today is their last day since tomorrow, we're going to have a new guest to help and assist us.  Just as we're just casually asking our customers if they want anything else, two people who seem to be a couple, entered. Hyo Joo immediately approached the two and greeted them. 

 

"His girlfriend looks like she's wearing disguise with her cap worn so low and a face mask," Tae Hyun hyung whispered to me. I nudged him discreetly because of his baseless conclusions. As they took a sit, Kwang Soo gave them the menu.

 

Song Ji Hyo's POV

Kwang Soo is here! I said in my mind. I am doomed! There's no way Kwang Soo wouldn't recognize me. My only hope now is for him to shut up just in case he noticed something. 

 

As if the universe making me suffer even more, Kwang Soo approached us with the menu book. 

 

"Hello! You guys are a cute couple!" He immediately said, I shook my head. Kwang Soo-ah.

 

Chandler laughed. "Oh, we're not a couple yet," my eyes immediately went towards Chandler's direction when I heard him say "yet". 

 

"Oh really? Then, getting to know each other?" Kwang Soo said even more. Ugh, can you just ask our orders Kwang Soo-ah? I again said in my mind. Chandler didn't respond, instead, he shifted his gaze from the menu book to me, as if letting me answer.

 

"You can say that," I said, with my hoarse voice. Normally, I hate it when I sound like this, but today is a special case. I am so thankful that my voice isn't in good condition right now, in this way, Kwang Soo wouldn't recognize me. Kwang Soo nodded and looked at us teasingly. Once Kwang Soo listed the foods we ordered, he left the two of us. As the other actors are busy attending to other customers and preparing the food we ordered, Chandler came closer to me and whispered

 

"Why aren't you taking your off cap and face mask?" I looked at him in the eyes and whispered back, 

 

"I'm camera shy". He laughed. 

 

"Well, it's a shame they couldn't see your pretty face," he whispered, winking. I looked down to hide my smile, even though I'm already wearing a face mask. 

 

Jo In Sung's POV

While I'm preparing one of the foods the two customers ordered, I was just looking at them, particularly at the lady who's wearing a disguise. She definitely doesn't want her face to be revealed. Normally, our customers who entered wearing caps and masks removed while waiting for their order, however, this lady who's a few feet away from me doesn't. It seems that the guy tried to convince her to remove it while they're waiting but she's persistent not to.

 

"I bet you that she's a celebrity," Tae Hyun hyung said beside me. I didn't respond but continued to observe her. 

 

"You sound Korean," I heard Hyo Joo nicely said to the lady when she approached them. From my view, I can't see the disguised lady as she's fully blocked by the standing figure of Hyo Joo-ah.

 

"Oh, she is Korean, right Sooyeon?" I heard the guy say. I heard coughing. I saw the guy getting up from his seat and I think he went beside the lady. 

 

"Unnie, are you okay?" Hyo Joo asked.  

 

"Yes, I'm okay, no need to worry about me. I guess I just choked on something but I'm fine now," I heard the lady say. 

 

"Hyung, I think she's an actress," I looked at Kwang Soo who's not beside me.

 

"What makes you say that?" I asked him.

 


"Because she's not taking off her cap and mask. Plus, she keeps on avoiding the camera angle, making sure the cameras cannot get a shot of her. And also, look at where she's sitting, her back facing the camera. She feels uncomfortable not because of the amount of cameras this place has, but because she's anxious she's gonna get caught," he said seriously. 

 

"Kwang Soo-ah, since when did you become smart?" I because he really had a point. H looked at me as if offended and said "Since when did you become rude Hyung?" jokingly.

 

Kwang Soo stood beside me, observing them also for a few seconds, when he decided to approach them when Hyo Joo left. 

 

"Hi again! Sooyeon-ssi right?" I heard him say to Sooyeon, the mystery actress. I saw her nod.

 

"Ah, you have the same name as my Noona from Korea," he continued. I know where this going.

 

"Really? Who?" Sooyeon said with his hoarse voice. I can't help but suppress my laugh at how hoarse her voice it. For some reason, it sounded cute. I looked at the guy and he's looking at her with the same adornment I'm weirdly feeling right now. 

 

"Do you know Song Ji Hyo?" Kwang Soo asked her, he also looked at the guy, as if posing the same question to him.

 

"I hear her name from my town," Sooyeon shortly said while the guy with her shook his head.

 

"The name's not familiar but maybe you can show me her picture and I'll see if I can recognize her. My sister watches lots of kdramas, maybe I happened to see her there," he said. 

 

Sooyeon stood up just as Kwang Soo was about to bring out his phone to, maybe, show the guy a picture of Song Ji Hyo. As if stretching out her left hand to reach Kwang Soo's hand, Boyoung approached them with their orders. I looked at the lady and she seemed relieved. Hmm, interesting I thought.

 

Once the two bid goodbyes, I took off my apron and told to the rest of my colleagues that I'll be stepping out for a while as I have to buy some ingredients that we needed. 

 

Song Ji Hyo's POV

I cannot express myself enough how thankful I am to Boyoung right now. Imagine if she didn't step in and give us our orders. I swear I'm going to treat Boyoung to lunch when we're back in Korea I promised myself.

 

"Hey, you can just wait here for me. I'll get the car from the parking lot and fetch you here," Chandler said gently removing my right arm which was clinging on his. 

 

"I mean I can walk with you there," I said, he shook his head.

 

"We walked a lot a while back, so just rest here first," he said.

 

"I got enough rest at the restaurant a while back," I, again, said. But he was persistent in letting me rest. So I just let it be.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter