Unexpected Business

Song Ji Hyo and Jo In Sung Imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I said that the latest update of this story would be a prompt request I received from my DMs. But since I am still plotting in my mind how I will write the said prompt request, I decided first to drop the prompt I made on my own since I have the whole story plotted in my mind already. Please bear with me; and also, I really felt flattered by the number of people reading In Sung's and Ji Hyo's imagines :<< 

 

NOTE: Assume that Ji Hyo is good at speaking English.

*****

 

"Tae Hyun-ssi and In Sung-ssi, come right here for a moment please," Yoo Ho Jin, the director of season 3's Korean show Unexpected Business, said to the main hosts. The two immediately went towards him.

 

"So our team got information that Song Ji Hyo, along with her Glutanex Team, that they're on their way here for a Meet and Greet. Now, our writer is in contact with the Glutanex team to know how long are they gonna stay here and if Song Ji Hyo-ssi will have a schedule ahead after her event in this place," Ho Jin started. The two just nodded, implying for the director to further explain what's to happen -- even though they already have an idea.

 

"If ever Ji Hyo-ssi's not going home right after her meet and greet, we might invite her to be one of the guests for our show," he finished. 

 

"Will that be okay with you two?" he asked when he didn't receive any response.

 

"Sure, we'd love to have her, heard she's good at making people comfortable," Tae Hyun said. The two looked at In Sung who haven't said anything yet. He nodded, "Well, as long as she agrees, that would be nice!" he said.

*****

"Song Ji Hyo-ssi, the Unexpected Business Show has reached us. They're asking if you're fine to be one of the guests in their show?" asked one of the Glutanex staffs. They just arrived in San Diego, California for a meet and greet event. Honestly, this surprised Ji Hyo as she didn't expect to have fans on the Western side. She thought about what she just heard. Am I gonna go? It's my first time guesting on the show, will I do well? Besides, I'm not that close to Cha Tae Hyun-ssi and well... In Sung, the last time we talked and saw each other was their quick appearance in Running Man, along with Song Joong Ki. These were all the thoughts running through her mind. 

 

"Can I ask what's the concept of their show again?" she carefully asked. She has a small idea about the said show but she does not really watch the show so she doesn't know what she's expected to do. 

 

"Oh, basically the main hosts, Cha Tae Hyun-ssi and Jo In Sung-ssi have this mini-business and they will be the ones to manage and handle customers and such. Usually, the type of business they run is either a restaurant or grocery store," one of the staffs informed her. She nodded. Not bad. I think I can do it, she thought.

 

"I'll be appearing for one episode only right?" she clarified to which the staff nodded. "Okay, I think I can," she finally said.

*****

"Hello!" Ji Hyo shyly said as she entered the small Korean restaurant that rests near a seashore. The filming location is located at a beach, in a small town, where locals frequent. 

 

"Oh hi Song Ji Hyo-ssi! Come here, come here! Omo, we've been waiting for you!" Tae Hyun excitedly said, welcoming Ji Hyo energetically, hugging her. "Hi oppa!" she greeted back as she hugged her back. She saw In Sung behind Tae Hyun, approaching them.

 

"Welcome to our show Ji hyo-ah!" In Sung welcomed her warmly and hugged her as well. Although Ji Hyo was surprised that he addressed her casually, given the fact that this is their first time interacting again, she hugged him back, greeting him.

 

"You have a nice location," she complimented the group as she looked around the restaurant taking a glimpse of the view outside. The two hosts guided her throughout the restaurant and briefed her on what she's going to expect of her guesting.

 

"Hi!" the three celebrities turned toward where they heard the voice. It turned out that they already have their first customers. Ji Hyo immediately approached them; there were two young ladies, who appears to be strolling on the beach and decided to try the said restaurant.

 

"Hi there pretty young ladies!" Ji Hyo greeted them as soon as she was near them. 

 

"Is this a new restaurant?" Asked by one of the girls. Ji Hyo nodded. She also said that they are filming for a show and briefly explained the concept of the show so that they will not be confused with all the cameras pointing toward them. Tae Hyun and In Sung who were watching the interactions of the three ladies soon looked at each other with knowing eyes -- they knew they will not be having a hard time interacting with the foreigners since they now have a guest (for the first time) who can speak English.

 

"You were good back there," In Sung, who was watching Ji Hyo all throughout, complimented her as soon as she got their orders and approached them. Ji Hyo was flustered but didn't show it, instead, she smiled and nodded at him. As soon as Ji Hyo told their first two customers' orders, In Sung and Tae Hyun busied themselves from cooking the said order. 

 

Ji Hyo not knowing what to do next, approached the one who she's more comfortable with at the moment -- her Cha Tae Hyun oppa. On the other hand, In Sung stole a quick glance at Ji Hyo approaching his hyung.

 

"Oppa, is there anything I can help you with what you're currently doing?" she asked Tae Hyun, who's busy cooking the tteokbokkie. 

 

"Oh, nothing much with me Ji Hyo. But you might want to give a hand to In Sung," he said then head pointed In Sung who's currently chopping off onions and such. Ji Hyo then went towards him.

 

"What can I help you with In Sung-ssi?" asked Ji Hyo, despite In Sung addressing her casually,  she cannot bring herself from addressing him the same way as it has been a long time since they talked. Besides, Ji Hyo doesn't even know if they can still consider each other as 'friends'. Of course, it didn't escape In Sung's observation of how she addressed him, still, he let it pass.

 

"Can you continue this for me?" In Sung asked her. Ji Hyo nodded but told him "Although I cannot cut them as fast as you and as fancy as you do it." In Sung laughed and patted her head. For the third time, Ji Hyo got flustered again. No offense, but am I missing something here? she thought in her mind. She cannot think of any reason how In Sung acts comfortably around her when they just met again after how many years. He's treating him as how he treated her during their first and last project together. Is it because In Sung's more extroverted than I am? she once again asked again in her mind. 

 

*****

 

2 hours after opening the restaurant, several customers have come by and left. The three were casually talking about their encounters with their customers when a guy entered, The three stood up from one of the tables and immediately greeted him, guiding him where he can sit. 

 

"Hi! I'm Scott!" The guy, Scott, introduced himself to Ji Hyo who approached him to get his order. Tae Hyun and In Sung looked at each other knowingly, with Tae Hyun smirking. Ever since the filming started, this is the first time that a customer introduced himself to a guest.

 

"Hi Scott! It's nice to meet you! Have you decided what to order already?" Ji Hyo nicely responded and asked. Scott smiled at her.

 

"This is my first time trying a Korean restaurant so if you don't mind, will you recommend me some foods I can eat?" he asked her. 

 

"Oh I can, but would you want to have the best seller?" Ji Hyo asked. Scott nodded. So Ji Hyo proceeded in telling him some of the best seller foods Scott can order. Unknowingly to Ji Hyo, Scott checked her ring finger to see if she's married. She's not, he thought. Why would a man not want to marry her this instant? he thought again. Dating, maybe? he uttered in his mind again. He badly wants to ask if she's single but can't as he's afraid he'll make her uncomfortable.

 

"He's definitely flirting with her," Tae Hyun whispered to In Sung, nudging him. In Sung just nodded. Ever since Ji Hyo went to get Scott's order, never did his eyes leave Ji Hyo and Scott. He doesn't know if Ji Hyo's just dense or if she feels it but ignores it. 

 

He watched until Ji Hyo left the guy and started approaching them.

 

"Looks like you got yourself an admirer Ji Hyo-ah," teased Tae Hyun. Ji Hyo just laughed.

 

"That'll be gone when he leaves," she simply replied. I hope so In Sung thought.

 

*****

 

Another customer entered, and this time it was a family of three. "Oh you guys got a baby! How cute!" Ji Hyo greeted them. 

 

"Thank you!" the mother said, grinning at Ji Hyo. Once the couple has settled, Ji Hyo gave them a few minutes to choose from the menu, then got their order.

 

When the foods had been served to them, the baby started crying. Ji Hyo just watched as the mother is struggling to make her baby stop crying but she's feeling bad because she cannot really eat properly. And so, she started to approach them slowly.

 

Tae Hyun and In Sung watched Ji Hyo, curious as to why she's approaching them when she's not being called.

 

"Hello! If you don't mind, I can carry the baby so you guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter