Bloomschilde

The Life Of Meguerine Oblitus Caelum
Please log in to read the full chapter

After a few hours of sleeping on the floor beside a pile of ash, he gets up. His eyes and chest hurt from the ritual he did. As he walks away from the spot, he leaves ashes behind him. Even though dizzy, he changes out of his clothes. He gets a new hoodie and prepares himself to go out.

He walks out of the house. In a third party's perspective, there is no house nor a gate that he got out from. It becomes clear that the whole property uses a warding spell to keep it from outside eyes. Only him and his late adoptive father can see the house. Even his adoptive mother did not know about this safehouse.

He knows where to go next. With a bagpack full of photos, he takes his father's motorbike and drives through the night towards a place that he found a few months ago. He is unsure how he will be received in the place but he has to gamble. What's worse that can happen anyway?

It is near dawn when he arrives at the front of a flower shop. He parks his motobike and removes his helmet. He looks side to side before crossing the street towards the flower shop, Bloomschilde. He knocks on the door and he refuses to stop knocking until someone opens it.

Soon, an old woman with white hair and wrinkled face opens the door.

"I'm sorry but the shop's close for the moment... if you haven't notice the time," she said in that raspy voice.

"I'm looking for Quinn," he said politely.

"He is not receiving visitors at this hour, sir. Come back some other time," the woman is about to close the door but he holds it.

"Tell him, Mel's nephew is looking for him." That is his last card.

The old woman looked at him up and down. Then, she opens the door to let him in. The old woman looked outside, searching for anyone who might have seen who she let enter the shop. When certain there is no one around, she closes the door.

The old woman led him to a room and offered him tea which he accepts. She leaves to let the master of the house know of his presenc

Please log in to read the full chapter