They Are Near

The Life Of Meguerine Oblitus Caelum
Please log in to read the full chapter

Meg walks in the city on his fine weekend. For one day, he hasn't come to think about doing work. He just walks casually all over the city and buys food from the carts. If he spots something that could be of use to him at work or at his apartment, he would go buy them.

This is his idea of unwinding: roaming around in a place he is trying to be familiar with and shopping for supplies and eating street food.

He is eating takoyaki. His shopping bags are in the crook of his arm as he walks on. He stops by the pedestrian and waits for the red light to cross. He stands there and his eyes, as a habit, roams as he counts the people on the other side of the street as he chews. Then in the corner of his sight, he spots something that is eerily familiar to him. He swallows the food and then stops eating altogether. He tries to be casual about it. He glances up at the stoplight. He spots another familiar figure.

He sticks his tongue to wet his lower lip as if he was waiting but he is already thinking. The light turns red. He walks among the people to cross the street. The shopping bag is now on his hand as he moves. He is feeling bad for all his new cleaning products that he bought. He walks and composes himself. He turns a corner, not the route towards his apartment or to his work.

Then, he pretended that his hand hurts. He puts down the shopping back and shakes his hand as if it's numbing. He takes out a glove, a glove way familiar all through his life. He puts it on and then lifts the shopping back again. He continues walki

Please log in to read the full chapter