Flashback - The Boy Who Escaped, The Woman Who Took Him

The Life Of Meguerine Oblitus Caelum
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I'd like to adopt him," Jung Eun said as she and Changhwan were in bed.

Changhwan turned up and looked at his wife. "The boy? You don't even know his name, he can just stay working here. We don't have to adopt him." He sleepily smiled and then spooned his wife.

"Then I'll adopt him as my own if you don't want to," she said and then buried her cheek on her pillow.

Changhwan popped one eye open. He knew better than to insist to change her mind tonight. He just shook his head and then slept hugging his wife.

Then, he decided to observe his wife and the boy he took home.

They were married for a long time and they could've children of their own but the miscarriages had taken toll on his wife's mental health that they have stopped trying. By the time that they were ready to try for one again, they learned that they could no longer conceive. Devastated, he had to take her on a long vacation in her hometown so to get over the news.

They had been okay. They are able to keep their marriage. Even if he had gone through so many things, Jung Eun stayed with him. Even if the "company" have risen and despite the thing that his business accepted, Jung Eun stayed with him. Sure, they fight from time to time because of his business but she never left his side.

Jung Eun is generally a kind woman. The day he brought home the boy, she was quick to tend to the boy. She guided him to the bath, bought him clothes, tries to ask for what the boy wanted to eat, arranged the room for him to sleep in, and constantly trying to make the boy trust her enough to get a name. As for him, he was good as long as the boy doesn't do anything stupid and that he told the boy that he is welcome to leave anytime. But if he chooses to stay, he has to earn his keep by doing housework and helping around.

With the boy around, he was a bit at ease knowing that his wife is not all alone in the house. His business sometimes takes him away for days and sometimes months so knowing that his wife is accompanied by someone not that dangerous puts him at peace at night.

The boy has been with them for a few months now and he was still quiet to be around. He eats meals with them and probably with his wife when he is away.

One day he got home from work and thought of surprising his wife with flowers. He didn't tell her that he will be arriving. He went inside their house, all quiet. He kept himself silent too in order to surprise his wife. He could hear the gramophone from the study so he gathered that she is there and probably reading or knitting. He tiptoed towards the study room and he saw that the

Please log in to read the full chapter