Flashback - The Tome

The Life Of Meguerine Oblitus Caelum
Please log in to read the full chapter

Changhwan brought home a box.

“What is that?” his wife, Jung Eun asked as he put down the box on the table in the study room.

“Something sent to me to take care of. Like safekeeping it until it is needed,” he answered as he took a knife and started to rip the edges of the box.

“What is it?” she repeated as she sat on the chair across the table.

“We’ll find out,” then he ripped the box apart and it exposed a glass box containing a tome.

Changhwan put on his gloves and then took out the tome from the glass box. It was a bit aged but the hardbound leather is intact. It’s black and scratched and the sides were the color of coffee stains. He opened the book and the stained pages were all blank.

“Oh… that’s odd,” he muttered.

Jung Eun stood up and looked at the blank pages.

“Did they say anything more about this blank book?” she asked as she sat back.

Changhwan replaced the book into its glass container.

“They did. They said it’s from a witch family. A dying bloodline. This book supposedly contained the practical versions of most magics, even ancient ones. That’s why safekeeping of this book is extremely important,” he said.

“And you opened it,” Jung Eun’s voice was accusing with a lilt of finding it funny.

“And we saw nothing… Watch this,” Changhwan, snapped with his glove and fire poured into the glass box covering the tome in flame. However, a couple of seconds later, the tome is unharmed.

“Indestructible… it’s an old magic,” Jung Eun said. Even if she is a human, she is well-versed in her husband’s work.

“Imagine translating every magic into practical ones that even humans can understand and perform, even without a spark of magic in them,” Changhwan told his wife as he replaced the cover in the glass box.

“Then everyone can do magic,” Jung Eun answered.

“Exactly… and not every witch family and clan or race is happy to know that while the other half of races is happy to know that. Everyone will want this tome at any cost, either for safekeeping or for their self serving purposes.”

“It’s chaos… Why would some witches write this book?”

“Reasons are unknown. But as you can see, it’s blank. It’s another “safety feature” of this craft. Only the direct descendants of that witch clan can see whatever it is in this book. Sadly… the team that handled this client request failed to

Please log in to read the full chapter