Yunhe's Hope

Conflicts of the heart

"He marked you as his property. With that mark he can know where you are and what you are doing, and he can feel what you feel. That way, he will always watch over you no matter the distance. You will no longer have the privacy he had before because it can be taken from you when he wants it and not even your feelings are private because he can feel them too. When he accesses the mark, it will shine."

Yunhe is in shock and tears well up in her eyes because the latest events and discovery brutally suffocated her. Knowing that now he didn't even have her privacy and that in order to talk to her friend they would have to take preventive measures because he could invade her privacy whenever he wanted with her and he couldn't stop it at the same time that jiaoren could feel her feelings was too much to bear she handle. Her jailer watched her at meals and now, he would watch her whenever she wanted, in addition to also being able to watch her feelings.

All of this was just too overwhelming, making her imprisonment the worst of all.

After all, in the demonic valley she had the privacy of her home, being able to speak and do what she wanted at the same time that no one else could know what she was feeling from this one that did not show her true feelings on her face. In the Grandmaster's prison it was the same thing. None of them could know her real feelings and what she did when she was alone. In both of her previous arrests she had moments of privacy.

There, Yunhe didn't even have any privacy now. Her escape only made her situation worse, with the young woman feeling stupid thinking until that moment that the only punishment she received was not being able to put her hand out of the seal as she could before, in addition to the angry bite made on her ear.

The guardian master of the demonic valley must have suspected that she would be severely punished for her fruitless act, and when she thought that she was the only one to blame for further aggravating her situation, she became bitter, in addition to mentally cursing herself for having forgotten the his act of having inflicted pain on her with his powers to the simple act of her not wanting to take the medicine while mentally attacking himself for forgetting the merman's words and gesture after taking her out of the grand master's prison.

At the time, her vision paid off because she had planned to do this before meeting Song Wu.

However, now that she knew her and had someone to talk to, her previous act sounded like an idiot because they could no longer talk quietly because of the mark on her ear that was caused by her escape, making her bitterly regret her attitude inconsequential and equally fruitless because her jailer now had the ability to watch her from a distance.

At that moment she hated what she had done out of her stupidity in practicing selective memory, deleting the memories she hated. Why didn't she act like a subservient prisoner? Why did she insist on an escape that would never come to fruition? Why make her situation worse?

She wipes her tears and takes a deep breath, cursing herself for her stupid act because she couldn't turn back time. She only had to be bitter and regretful as she reaped the consequences of what she had done.

"I'm sorry. It must be horrible to live without privacy."

Yunhe wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath, only to be surprised by what she hears.

"Well, as for mark, we can't block her access. He can see what he wants and feel your feelings. But as for your feelings, I can give you some privacy. But, you'll have to help with that. You'll have to control your feelings, not letting them show when we're together and when you're with him, you shouldn't stop him because he might suspect something. Now, you felt an intense sadness and he felt it. But, probably, he must be very focused on something and because of that, he didn't have time to access the mark of ownership on you. If he had felt it, he would definitely have come back" She saw Yunhe become terrified at that.

"How can you help me?"

"I'm going to give you an object. It will help you to suppress the feelings that the merman may feel towards you. But, I knew you can't completely suppress it. That mark is very strong. What the object will do is help you" . The rest will be up to you. Also, I recommend only using it when you're with me because he might get suspicious if he doesn't fully feel your feelings when he's here."

"I understand. Thank you so much for allowing me a little privacy after I was so stupid as to try to run away. I said it was stupid because I knew about his powers. I witnessed it on three occasions with one of those times involving his act of exploding a sword in thousands of pieces that scattered in the wind. Destroying objects through space is not something any demon can do. Furthermore, I also momentarily forgot his act of inflicting pain by using his powers against me and the desire to revenge."

Song Wu nods and holds out a very thin and simple-looking bracelet containing a golden jewel, with her saying, "You can put it on your thigh, for example, to prevent anyone from seeing it. The bracelet will stay close and very tight because it will close by itself. It doesn't matter where it is, the important thing is to be in contact with the skin."

Yunhe observes the object and comments admiringly, "It's amazing. It looks so fragile."

"Don't be fooled by its appearance. It's a very powerful magical object. I'll lend it to you."

"Thank you very much!"

"Remember, he will only be able to help you. You will have to restrain yourself so that the jiaoren doesn't suspect anything. Also, don't use it directly because he can't suspect that you can hide your feelings from him. When we're together, he tends to being busy. Also, not feeling feelings for you won't be weird because you're alone."

"Yes."

She watches the young human strap the item to her thigh.

"You know, I decided to do something hidden from the merman. It will definitely make her happy. But, we must be extremely careful."

"What would it be?"

"Your friend Luo Jinsang can turn invisible. I can allow a meeting between the two of you."

"But, his sense of smell..."

"I know a technique to nullify someone's odor temporarily. It will also come with a cleaning lady's outfit. I managed to contract it without anyone noticing. Of course, while you guys talk, I'll check on mark."

Yunhe holds both of her hands in his hands as he speaks in a voice choked by the tears of happiness welling up in her eyes, "Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you very much."

The young woman was overcome with great happiness because she believed that she would never again see the one who was like a little sister to her at the same time that she always felt protective of the young woman as if she were her little sister.

Even though she felt these feelings, the demon master managed to control the intensity of her sensations as she decided that she would train hard in order to be able to contain herself even more because the object could not act on its own and was only for assistance.

"I wanted to recommend something for you to say to her. I know I'm intruding too much and..."

"It's not. You're giving me too much. You've provided me with your friendship and conversation, making me feel alive since I was imprisoned here. Now, you're granting my heart's desire. If it were up to my jailer, I would die without seeing again even one of my friends or my little sister. He would never show any mercy because he wants to torment and make me suffer in revenge and after hurting me with his powers, in addition to marking me as his property by suppressing my privacy and invading mine feelings, I don't doubt that. Even if I were on my last breath, he wouldn't allow me to see her even if it was to say goodbye. Furthermore, I believe that he will forever seal my body in this place to save me. forever prisoner and if he could imprison my spirit in something, he would do that too. Thankfully, he can only imprison my body and not my soul."

"I don't doubt that. In fact, it's good that he can't imprison people's spirits."

"Yes. About my little sister. Did something happen?" She asks with concern in her voice and countenance.

She explains and tells some facts she found out about Luo Jinsang and Kong Ming, with Yunhe being surprised to learn that the monk was a great friend of Chang Yi and that he helped him a lot, with the Demon Valley Guardian mistakenly believing that Song Wu did not possess all the details of how it was at the same time that the demon master was surprised that her little sister in her heart had feelings for the monk, and then became angry when she learned the way he treated her in public, causing it to be inevitable comparison, in a way, with your current situation.

"I think you should think about what's best for her. That's why I looked into researching her interactions with Kong Ming."

"You're right. I have to think long term for her. I'll die soon. Besides, she needs to stay in the North where it's safest and the only free place in the imperial court. She also deserves the best. I can't sit still while she likes someone who slams her in public like she has mange, as well as treating her coldly. I need to do something. My situation is enough." She speaks after sighing.

"I believe she will listen to you. Also, I want to warn her of something."

"Yes?"

"Your situation could get worse if you don't behave yourself."

"What do you mean? I've already lost my privacy and now I suffer from the intrusion of my feelings. What else can I lose?"