Mark

Conflicts of the heart

Out of the corner of his eye, Song Wu saw the jiaoren looking at the fleeing woman in the distance, knowing that the demon was in no hurry to reveal himself.

In fact, he had seen her flee as she felt her matrix being destroyed and then watched as she went down to the lake and burst out laughing.

That was Yunhe at his most natural, carefree and free, causing the merman to become lost in reminiscences until he used his memories of six years ago to do what was necessary while hating himself for interrupting this rare vision while doubting he would witness it again after approaching her.

Using his suffering from that period, he manages to display a cold face to treat her with the coldness he has always treated her since he confined her while at the same time worrying about her health from lying on the cold floor when considering how thin she was prevailed in her and equal weakness.

Unconsciously, the jiaoren approached slowly because in his heart he didn't want to break out her genuine happiness in such a rare moment. It was a sight the merman didn't want to go away any time soon because he knew that countenance and posture disappeared as soon as he interacted with the human.

Yunhe knew from the footsteps who was approaching at the same time that he was aware that she would no longer be able to reach the freedom that her heart longed for. Even so, there were still remnants of true happiness as I continued to contemplate the beautiful sky.

Without looking at him, the master of demons comments that she viewed what she did as a romantic escape in the form of a warrior rebelling against the devil that inhabited her heart.

Then, the Emperor of the Northern Realm spoke in a voice that was colder than the air around them while also speaking in a cruel tone despite the words that sounded like worry, "Stand up. The ice is too cold. "

Yunhe knew that it must have been too easy for the jiaoren to chase her while realizing how innocent she was to have thought that she would have succeeded in her plan. Even so, he didn't regret trying to escape and he believed he would never regret allowing himself to savor the taste of freedom that had been denied him since he was a child after his parents were hunted down and killed for trying to escape with him.

Her refusal made him even angrier, "Get up."

But, the young woman continued to refuse and again moved her arms and legs on the floor, saying that she did not want to get up.

Then, the emperor concentrated his demonic powers and then moved his fingertips, making a sound erupt in place as several pillars of hot water gushed from the ice below Yunhe, enveloping her limbs and neck as they lifted her up from the icy ground and warmed his body and frozen extremities.

Chang turned and proceeded to lead her behind him using the pillars to carry the human who repeatedly called his name, with him ignoring her until Yunhe spoke, "I managed to miraculously break through your matrix and exit the building in style. It's very embarrassing for me to come back like that."

The merman gave a cold laugh and spoke without slowing his steps, "Do you find it embarrassing? Then, I shouldn't have ruptured my matrix in the surroundings in the first place."

The young woman understood his reaction because she understood that he wasn't openly complaining despite being secretly angry with her who put on her best persuasive smile as she tried to argue, "I wanted to get some exercise today after being well rested. You should have seen that despite trying to run away, I didn't cause much trouble. In fact, I didn't go very far and I didn't even destroy your house. If I come back loaded like that, it's inappropriate. I'll walk with you back if I let go."

The jiaoren turned around with a cold face because he suspected that she wouldn't keep the bargain. Even so, he decided to give it a vote of confidence while hoping he wouldn't regret it while internally agreeing that it was inappropriate for her to come back like this.

"I'll release her to walk as agreed. Are we in agreement?"

"Yes." The young woman reassured him even though he didn't believe her smile.

With a flick of his fingers, the pillars of water receded and merged back into the layer of ice as Yunhe landed firmly on the ground.

Chang turned to lead the way while keeping his senses extremely alert, as well as his power ready to be used as soon as possible.

The demon master rubs her wrist and looks at his back, a sight that has become all too common since being imprisoned there, making her gradually get used to the sight of Chang's back as she recalls his cold countenance and voice cruel except for when she felt sick, vomiting and getting weak eyesight to the point of collapsing because in those moments she could see the merman she had fallen in love with and accepted to sacrifice the freedom so desired for decades so that he could be free from Shunde.

The young woman looked at the beautiful moon and the sky that seemed to seduce her with the promise of being free, causing her to let out a silent sigh while her heart was taken by her feelings about being imprisoned, something that was imposed on her since she was a child to having her life in the hands of others while being confined after being orphaned when imperial soldiers killed her parents.

The master of demons paid the price that night on the cliff and still continued to pay despite knowing the debt she owed him, both for his actions on the cliff and the fact that he had his tail cut off because of her, in addition to being brutally deformed a gentle, good, pure and kind soul that was in front of her.

Even with this unpayable debt and the consequences arising from her actions six years ago, the desire for freedom vibrated in her being and despite knowing that it would be a fruitless attempt, she could not walk freely to the prison that awaited her because she felt that even that her precarious health was the cause of her slow death, imprisonment was another factor that helped in this process along with the hopelessness that affected her, even more so after having experienced freedom again together with the fact that if she returned, she would have to experience life again coldness and cruelty in the face of the one she loved the most.

Her love for him caused her pain because his actions only hurt her in a way that no physical injury ever did. Not even Shunde's tortures, the Grandmaster's experiments, and Zhu Ling's sword caused her as much suffering as what she experienced at the hands of her current jailor.

After all, the physical wounds she suffered at Lin Canglan's hands and later, in the Grandmaster Sect's imprisonment for six years only hurt her body. The injuries in the form of Chang Yi's mental torture and hopelessness, as well as the cold treatment and countenance that displayed coldness or cruelty, hurt his heart and soul while he was aware that he could not complain after Chang Yi had allowed his tail to was cut in half by Lin Haoqing, thus preventing him from returning to his home only to save her after being deceived by Haoqing who lied about Yunhe's condition and later, when she stabbed him in the heart, causing him to fall down the slope while turned against the pursuers to prevent them from hunting the merman when he decided to sacrifice his life to guarantee his freedom.

Furthermore, the demon master confessed that she was unable to walk to be imprisoned again.

After all, she didn't have the strength to face what awaited her at the end of her walk while being aware that her refusal could be considered a cowardly act because she didn't want to face the consequences of her actions six years ago.

However, even knowing all this and how pathetic her attempt would be, in addition to betraying a promise she made to him again, thus increasing her list of sins towards the jiaoren in front of her, the young woman could not contain the pulsating desire in his soul and reflected in his heart. The much-praised freedom that had been denied him for decades.

Then, suppressing the guilt of betraying him again, nine black tails appear in a flash and she takes off, only to leap into the air.

However, even before she could concentrate her powers and fly, silver hair stood out in the view of the starry sky at the same time that ice blue eyes, cold and with suppressed anger, appeared in front of her.

When the young woman tried to raise her hand to defend herself, Chang grabbed her neck while not exerting strength, limiting himself to restricting her movements with one hand after pushing her back to the ice below them, with his hands her back touching the icy frozen surface of the lake again.

In Yunhe's irises, there was the reflection of jiaoren's face that showed his anger that was repressed with her actions at the same time that it was visible the fact that he almost gnashed his teeth, thus revealing his canines that were sharper than a human, his voice ringing with rage as the guardian of the demonic valley concentrated her powers in a new attempt to break free despite being restrained by the powerful demon above her.

"By any chance, do you still think I'm going to believe everything you say like it was in the past? Do you still dare to think you can deceive me like before?" a black tail of hers that was behind him to ambush him is caught as he abruptly raises his hand, restricting the movements of the shaggy member, "Do you still think you can hurt me like before?"

Yunhe denied it because at that moment, Chang's oppressive aura was enough to suppress her without any effort because they were on completely different levels as she became aware that she had never been a match for him even if she wasn't weak and sick as she was currently.

After all, even if he was healthy and at the peak of his powers, she would never be able to defeat him and when she managed to hit him that night it was because he never thought of stopping her, ending up showing a mixture of incredulity and surprise at the unexpected attack while Yunhe suffered immensely because it was like hitting his own heart.

So, just using his suppressive strength and aura, without fully accessing his powers, he squeezed the hand that held the tail, compressing it, making the human feel a sting in her chest, and then all her powers immediately retreated as they dispersed without any control from her at the same time that her limbs were taken over by weakness, causing her to no longer have the strength to move.

As a result of this weakness, she is at his mercy for finding herself impotent, something that was scaring her too much because it was a desperate feeling for anyone when the ability to move by oneself was lost, even momentarily. The feeling of helplessness was terrifying.

"You are in my hands now, Yunhe" he spoke as his ice blue eyes rippled and shifted to a stormy dark sea, "Know that I can clearly say that the freedom you so desire, as well as the return to your hometown , I will never grant it to you."

He leaned in slightly, bringing his lips to the ear of the helpless human in front of her as her warm breath blew on her ear, making her shiver at the same time that it sent shivers through her body.

"Know that you can only be in my hands without being able to go anywhere else."

While the young woman was trying in vain to figure out what he would do, the merman bites her ear, with its bite breaking the skin, making her bleed and feel a sudden pain that makes her exclaim in a frightened voice at the same time as she stutters fear because the fact that she was helpless only heightened her fear of not being able to pull away as she wanted to because she found herself terrified, "What are you doing?"

Ignoring the human's fearful odor that pungently permeated the air, Chang Yi dedicated himself to cleaning the blood with his finger, revealing a blue-colored rune that was imprinted on her ear, more precisely where she was bitten, with him speaking in a voice filled with determination and paranoia, making it starkly clear that he would not give her any freedom, "In addition to standing by my side, from the ends of the earth to the deepest corners of sea, hell and heaven, you won't be allowed to go anywhere."